 I created a project(web site) in vwd 2005 on Win XP. Upon trying vwd 2008 on Vista home premium, and opening the project and selecting to convert to 3.5 .Net, the formatting is not correct. All images are sent way over to the right. Everything else works fine.

Anybody else have this problem, or similar?

TIA

Този уебсайт е твърде бавен. Мисля, че IIS 7 не е конфигуриран правилно. Моля, премахнете банери по-горе.
0
ksasp

Rendering difference is not a result of conversion. 2008 designer is completely different from 2005, there is no common code. 2005 designer was based in IE6 while 2008 is based on Expression Web / FrontPage. Can you post markup of the images here? Are you using relative positioning by any chance?

Mikhail
12/10/2007 12:33:32 AM

I 'fixed' it... I am using a master page, and it has a div that is set to 750 pixels wide...

within that div is the content placeholder for the pages.

If I specifically make any div's in the pages set to 750, the formatting is good in design mode in vwd 2008.

In vwd 2005, the formatting is good without having to set any div's to 750. I thought anything 'under' the div set to 750 in the masterpage would stay at 750. Not so in vwd 2008.

Anyway, problem solved....:)

Този уебсайт е твърде бавен. Мисля, че IIS 7 не е конфигуриран правилно. Моля, премахнете банери по-горе.
0
ksasp

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Deploying web developed with Visual Web Developer Express & SQL Server Express?
I'm working with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and SQL Server Express Edition to create a website.  I read recently that the express edition does not have deployment capability.  Is that correct or did I mis-read something?  If it does not have this capability, is there a tutorial somewhere showing how to deploy with all the proper security elements and connection strings intact?I'm new at this, so need lots of hand-holding.  Thanks!Bruce I'm not sure what you read or what in any way would indicate any database having or not having "deployment capability".&n...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Using visual sourcesafe 2005 with visual web developer 2008 express
Does anyone know if visual web developer 2008 express edition has the option to integrate with visual sourcesafe 2005 or is the option only available for the full version of Visual Studio 2008? I couldn't find the option for source control in the express edition. Thanks in advance. Im afraid you will need to update this is one of the cut downs from the full version.Pushing out shapes, to a popular beat combo. Express editions are not expensible and do not provide integration with source code control system.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This po...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005
Can some body guide on how to migrate existing application build on Vweb dev Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2005.   Thank you     I don't think there's a general way to do this; it all depends on if you are using .NET 3.5 stuff. Why would you want to go backward?  BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine I am using. Net 3.5. Express was a free version but my company has 2005 license, that's the way i am taking...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

Visual Web Developer Express vs Microsoft Expression Web Designer
I would like to know what are the differences between VWD Express and Expression Web Designer ?I have played with both and they seem very similar, is there a comparison chart available or does anyone have any thoughts on this ? There are huge differences. Expression is Designer-oriented too and has more advanced page layout and CSS tools, but does not include compilers, debugger and does not provide code intellisense. VWD and Visual Studio are developer-oriented tools, they provide advanced tools for those who are primarily writing code. Markup and script intellisense are approximatel...

Web resources about - Visual web developer 2005 express to visual web developer 2008 express - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Video game developer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A video game developer is a software developer (a business or an individual) that creates video games . A developer may specialize in a certain ...

Twitter announces native video support for its Twitter Kit developer tool
Twitter today announced that it is rolling out a highly-welcomed new feature to its Twitter Kit developer tools. The company announced in a blog ...

Carcassonne developer does interactive fiction with One Button Travel for iOS
... Croft Go updated with free expansion . One Button Travel Carcassonne Lost Cities Rules! 80 Days DEVICE 6 Lifeline... Carcassonne developer ...

PS4 developers can now access more of the system’s CPU power
... components as one you buy in 2020. But through software updates, the current generation of game consoles is managing to give developers access ...

Mozilla launches new JavaScript-based Add-ons Validator for developers
... store, browser add-ons have to go through validation to ensure that they work properly and are secure. This is the case with Firefox, and developers ...

Chivalry developer trademarks Mirage: Arcane Warfare
... and you’ve got yourself a grand ole time. Plus it gets extra points for having a dedicated warcry button. But since Chivalry , developer Torn ...

'Roblox' Top Developers Make $20,000 A Month, Now Coming To Xbox One
Roblox is a game creation platform on PC, Mac, iOS and Android with 7 million players a month. Next month it comes to Xbox One to take on the ...

Developers have want awaken what they believe is a sleeping giant in Colorado ...
Developers have want awaken what they believe is a sleeping giant in Colorado ... Colorado Springs Gazette "The corridor is tired," said Danny ...

Facebook touts the strength of its developer tools
Facebook is tooting the horns of its various developer tools by sharing how DoubleU Games, a South Korean developer, used them to learn more ...