Visual Studio 2008 advantages over Visual Web Developer?

What are the advantages of using Visual Studio 2008 over Visual Web Developer?

I know I can create windows programs in Visual Studio, but my reason for using it strictly web development.

I will basically be building many intranet sites pulling information out of a business system.

Are there massive differences in Visual Studio vs Visual web developer that would make me really need the Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cavall

0
Cavall

 I found that comparison

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vs2008/products/cc149003.aspx

Mohamed Abb@s

------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you !
0
bmwz9
9/18/2008 9:58:14 PM

This post is about 2005, but still applies http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx

Mikhail

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?
Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?  Machine running Windows VISTA. Looking for simplified text formatting options.  Wondering if both programs can be run (not at the same time) VWD for graphics developer and VSP 2008 for programmers.     Quick answer: I believe you can. Why not try it? zoltac007:VWD for graphics developer Why not Expression? (Which shares the same solutions/projects with VS, to make sharing easier.)Richard We 'tried' VISTA way too early and set our development team back three months.&nb...

Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005
Can some body guide on how to migrate existing application build on Vweb dev Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2005.   Thank you     I don't think there's a general way to do this; it all depends on if you are using .NET 3.5 stuff. Why would you want to go backward?  BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine I am using. Net 3.5. Express was a free version but my company has 2005 license, that's the way i am taking...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

DO I buy visual studio 2008 professional or just Use the Free Visual Web developer Express
I want to develop a website from scratch but will like to know if I should use the free visual web developer express 2008 or buy the visual studio 2008 professional. What does the Visual studio professional offer more than the free version(visual web developer express 2008).  ps. I have tried to make numerous search on the difference but couldn't find one. I need clear and conscise information about the differences. I just want to be sure if I really need to purchase the professional or just use the free version.  Also if I use the visual web developer express now c...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Visual Studio 2008 & Visual Web Developer 2005
I've been watching the great video series on ASP.NET development and am thrilled by what I've learned.  However, one feature of Visual Web Developer 2005 that is conspicuously absent from Visual Studio 2008 (which I am using) is the Layout menu.  Layout==>Position==>Autoposition Options is simply not available in VS2008 and although I've found something similar under Tools==>Options HTML Designer==CSS Styling where I can select "Change position to absolute for controls added using Toolbox, paste or drag and drop", it seems the application is...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

Visual Studio 2008 web developer express
Hi,I have a page using a master page.  For some reason, it doesn't recognize the CSS styles included in the master page.  Does anyone know a workaround for this?  Thanks a million.  This is a known bug in Beta 2, it is fixed in the final release (not available for download yet).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks!  I will look forward for the final release.  Do you know when it will be available?...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2008 advantages over Visual Web Developer? - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

The Advantage (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How PromoJam Will Help Its Users Take Advantage Of Facebook’s Relaxed Promotions Guidelines
Social marketing platform PromoJam rolled out the latest tool to take advantage of Facebook’s recently relaxed guidelines on promotions , Timeline ...

How can B2B companies take advantage of Facebook retargeting?
Facebook’s retargeting offerings, such as Custom Audiences and mobile app ads, have given a huge boost to the gaming and retail advertising sectors. ...

Card Advantage (@CardAdvantageCA) on Twitter

Google : What perks would you take advantage of if you had one last month at Google?
Answer (1 of 2): I can think of two. One that most people will think of as a perk, one that they won't (but should). 1. Use your massage coupons/credits. ...

Kids Math Advantage Lite Free - Grade School Addition Subtraction Multiplication Division Skills Games ...
Get Kids Math Advantage Lite Free - Grade School Addition Subtraction Multiplication Division Skills Games on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Raw vs JPEG: Real-world photography examples, advantages and disadvantages - YouTube
For more, like http://fb.com/NorthrupPhotography and SUBSCRIBE! Buy my #1 book with 6 HOURS of video: http://amzn.to/1dCRJWA Worldwide use 10% ...

Pakistan wins key EU tariff status, but can it take advantage?
Pakistan has been vindicated for its 10-year battle to secure a much better European Union status for its products. Now it needs to get its act ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

City perks with hometown advantage
Living in regional or rural Australia doesn't mean you have to miss out on the tertiary qualification you want.