Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."

Hi Forum,

Heres the scenario.

I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine.

I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008.

I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008.

When I ran the project, the it runs.

but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like

 'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." '

I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved).

Why does this error came?

How to Rectify it?

Any guidelines are deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Naveen

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
View Blog
0
naveenj

Check your web.config file and make sure that the database connection string doesn't refer to a remote machine...

Kelsey Thornton
(In the Netherlands)

Don't forget - Mark the post which answered your question with "Answer", then that user will get some kudos, and your post will be marked as "Answered" for future readers!

(VB code examples preferred)
0
KelseyThornton
5/11/2008 11:54:02 AM

Hi KeleyThornton,

No it is not so.

Regards,
Naveen

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
View Blog
0
naveenj
5/12/2008 7:04:14 AM

Shame - that is  aproblem I have runinto myself before now...

You say that the project works in VS, but not when you run it from IE?

that would maybe imply that hte SQL server is treating ISS as "external"?!?

Kelsey Thornton
(In the Netherlands)

Don't forget - Mark the post which answered your question with "Answer", then that user will get some kudos, and your post will be marked as "Answered" for future readers!

(VB code examples preferred)
0
KelseyThornton
5/12/2008 11:46:57 AM

Not sure if you have solved it. Try control panel/administrative tools/services and verify your local SQL Server is started. Hope that works.

0
jeremync
6/23/2008 1:10:44 AM

Hi guys,

Incorrect Installation was the culprit.
ReInstalled the same and all is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your time guys.

Regards,
Naveen

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
View Blog
0
naveenj
6/23/2008 11:55:39 AM

hi friends

what is different between enterprise and express version of SQL ? which one should i use ?

cheers

oguzkaygun
6/23/2008 6:58:00 PM

Hi there.

See this page (http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx) and this webcast for (http://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032306509&EventCategory=5&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US) suggestions...

Kelsey Thornton
(In the Netherlands)

Don't forget - Mark the post which answered your question with "Answer", then that user will get some kudos, and your post will be marked as "Answered" for future readers!

(VB code examples preferred)
0
KelseyThornton

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Web Referenced WSDL always getting "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." error
I'm getting "Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." on reference.cs file.I looked up this error and there were fixes for it, if it was occuring intermittently (I applied it anyway without success).  However my error seems to be permanent.  FYI, web service is Java based and client is of course .NET based.  Does it sound like service provider issue?Thanks in advance Java Web Server shouldn't be a problem;There are many reason why this can happen:1.Check if your personal Fir...

"connections to SQL server files (*.mdf)" error message in Visual studio when adding a new SQL database
Hope you can help. Running Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer2005.  I have created a new project and am attempting to add a new SQL database to it.  When I select the SQL database I get an "Connections to SQL server files (*.mdf) requires SQL Server Express to function properly" error message.  I also tried to add an existng database and it errors out as well "The file can not be opened as it is being used by another process.....".  However, I can create a new data source connection to existing SQL databases.  One caveat though.  I can ...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

Help with "How to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote connections"
Hi there! I've been trying for several days now to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote connections, apparently, with no luck. I always have this error message: Microsoft SQL Native Client: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. I've followed the instructions at this link -> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=914277&SD=tech, but I have been having the same problems. I've already adjusted my f...

SQL Express

Error Using DNS Provider Procedures--"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."
Hi, We are using the DNS Provider and DNS Client Component that comes with MPS Companion(Version 1.1). We have installed the DNS Provider in a Windows 2000 Server machine where core MPS is installed. We have installed the DNS Client Component in a Windows 2003 Server machine where DNS server is installed. When we try running the procedures CreateResourceRecord,RefreshDNSZone etc from the Windows 2000 Server using provtest utility it is throwing the floowing error "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." I am attaching a sa...

Connect a TComponent "TDataBase" to a database MS SQL Server 2008 (OS W7)
Hello, I try to connect a TDataBase component to a MS SQL Server 2008 database (OS windows server 2008 R2 64 bits). I work with C++ Builder XE3 update 1. I configured a ODBC to the database and it work fine. The client OS is windows 7 (64 bits) But when I associate it to the component there is an error message : "SQL Error : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Specified SQL Server not found. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Connection Open (Connect()) Alias : MyAlias" I tried several things for found a solution, but it doesn't work. ...

Got a problem on "Using the Web Site Administration Tool" -- Unable to connect to SQL Server
Hi, I'm trying the tutorial for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. I did everything like the tutorial told me, then I reach the step of "Using the Web Site Administration Tool". In the Administration Tool, it showed: ------------------------------------------------- Application:/Authors Current User Name:RADISHJDESKTOP\RADISHJ ---------------------------------------------------------- After I click the "Security" folder label, it showed: ---------------------------------------------------------- There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or...

"SQL Error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation"
we are using SQL Anywhere Server with Power Designer 6.1. It's not possible to create or modify the Database form Power builder without this message "SQL Error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation" we are connected to the database as dba over odbc and the server is running. Further more its possible to make reverse Engineering from Power Designer. Does anybody knows whats the solution for this problem The engine that comes with PowerDesigner is authenticated and you can't do much with it outside of PowerDesigner....

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Web resources about - Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...