Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition

Hi,

I am trying to use ASP.Net in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I initially had MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on my computer before installing the MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. When I try to connect to the asp membership database, I get an error message. I then uninstalled the MS SQL 2005 Express and the VWD 2008 Express. I installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and reinstalled the VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, but I got the same error. Now I am an absolute beginner, I am thinking that maybe I don't know what I am doing. I have uninstalled everything and waiting for help. What amazes me most is after uninstalling everything, I still see the MS SQL 2005 Express folder in the My Document Directory; I also still see the Visual Studio 2008 Express folder as well.

I need to install MS SQL 2008 Express with Advanced Services, Visual C# and MS VWD Express Edition with SP1. I have already downloaded the installation files from the msdn/express website. Can you help me explain the installation steps so I can get everything working properly? I also find it hard to do the right configuration on the Instance Configuration Page in the SQL Installation Wizard. When the installation is complete, I cannot connect to the database. An error message comes up saying "Instance error-Instance may not be foumd." Please help me go through.

I just need to know how to install and configure MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with Visual C# 2008 Express with SP1 and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express with SP1.

M. Alie Pussah, II
0
talk2alie

I assume that error is: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server

If so then go --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

http://www.aspdotnetcodes.com/Enable_Remote_Connections_SQLServerExpress.aspx

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

There is 10 kind of people types.
People who understand's binary and people who dont...
0
CodeNaab

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

VWD 2008 Express & SQL Server 2008 Express & Hosting Options
Hey all, go easy on me, this is my first post On my development PC, I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (the free one) along with SQL Server 2008 Express (the free one).  I am building a small scale database application (1 database) and would like to host this on the internet so that others can access it and report back on usability and bugs etc.  It doesn't need to be mega-fast at the moment. I am unsure of what type of hosting to buy, as there are many different options available.  I guess I have the following questions : Is there hosting specific to the...

Connecting VWD 2008 Express Edition to SQL Server 2008
How to I connect VWD 2008 Express Editin to SQL server 2008?   Sincerely, Computergirl Start with SqlDataSource control http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.sqldatasource.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Videos are here http://www.asp.net/learn/sql-videos/ http://www.asp.net/learn/data-videos/Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

"Failure to create a user instance"
 On Windows Server 2008 - I installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced.I ported over several Websites from a Windows 2003 Web Server.When I go into the V.W.D. Solution Explorer for a given website, I see the MDF files ported from 2003, but when I go into Database Explorer to work with the data,  I get a Package Load Failure and the database will not connect.  Instead it says, "Failure to create a user instance of SQL Server, due to a failure in starting the process for the use instance. The connection will be closed."And whe...

vwd express 2008 markup error in Master Page
Hi I was running the VWD 2008 Express version beta and everything worked as I needed it to..Apart from the registration process. I found on a forum it was an error with the program. (I downloaded it then burnt it to a disc) one of the two options. It turns out the way round it is to uninstall the whole package and do a download installation of the latest release. This has resolved the registration issue however every page I open now shows a "Page contains markup that is not valid when attached to master page" The only way round this is to click on the code make a slight change ie p...

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Installing SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services
I'm having a lot of trouble installing this on my machine.  Here is what I am trying to download and install:  SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced ServicesI'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3.During the installation, it will get 3/4 of the way done, and then give me the error: " is not a valid login or you do not have permission.Looking into that problem, it turns out that I have to install it from THE Administrator account, and not an account with administrator permissions; it also cannot be in Safe Mode, because then the Windows Installer won't work.  U...

VWD Express and SQL express 2008
I am trying to create a new project on a newly installed visual web developer express using an SQL connection. I installed VWD with all the options, including SQL express 2008. However, when I try and add the SQL component I get the following message: Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Pelease verify the installation of the component or download from the URL... Very bizarre - any assistance appreciated. Vista X64, Intel Q9300, 8GB RAM  Looks like you are not alone:http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SQL+Server+2008+files+...

How to set up SQL Server 2005 Express after install VS 2008 Express
I installed VS 2008 Express with an option to download SQL Server 2005 Express.  I noticed there is a '90' folder under my Microsoft SQL Server folder.  I assumed this the folder for SQL Server 2005 Express.  How do I set up my SQL Server2005 Express, so that I can use some sample databases for my VS 2008 Express?  Any difference for SQL Server 2005 Express between VS 2008 Expressdownload and SQL Server 2005 Express download? TIA,Jeffrey  This is straight forward; simply download the SQL Server Express edition and follow the installation wizard. You can’...

How to install SQL Server 2005 Express downloaded with VS 2008 Express
Downloading and installing VS 2008 Express also created a Miscrosoft SQL Server folder.  How do I install the SQL Server 2005 Express?The following is what I found from the HELP menu bar of the VS 2008 Express.  Where can I find the sqlexpr.exe? TIA,Jeffrey    To install SQL Server Express To begin installation, double-click sqlexpr.exe. Note: SQL Server Express is available as a self-extracting executable file (sqlexpr.exe) from both the Visual Studio 2005 CD and the SQL Server Express Web site. SQLEXPR.EXE installs on x86-based computers and to th...

SQl server ReportViewer 2008 for Visual C# Express Edition 2008
Hi  all,  I have installed the The Microsoft Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable Package  and I add the report viewer component to my toolbox list while viewing the report in my solution ...i was getting the error as given below.. The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2007/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded. Is there a way that I could work around this? Thanks , Ashok Hi, Please see http://forums.asp.net/t/1251148.aspx (duplicate p...

Web resources about - Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper