How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development

Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution?

0
denniss1982

In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008.

Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416

Hope it helps

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual Web Developer Express Edition vs. Visual Studio Express Edition
Can someon summzrize the difference between these two tools and why I should use one versus the other? My goal is to learn ASP.NET with VB Hi, Visual Web Developer Express edition is the tool for starting with ASP.NET. Visual Studio Express Editions are for developing desktop applications and component libraries. You'll get a good start at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU well that is easy Visual web Developer is asp.net and is what you will want to use to learn asp.net with VB. the visual studio Express Editions are just the VB ...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

i am a noob, should i use visual basic 2005 express edition or 2008 express edition
i heard u cant position labels and stuff like in 2008  i need some honest feedbackChu = Noob, please help Personally, I'd use 2008.  It's the newest and handles ASP.NET 3.5.  If positioning labels is your main issue, use Expression Web. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. if u intent to learn wpf, wcf then go for 2008 or else go for 2005 Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you....

Creating a site using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I have created a site using VWD.  Once I was finished - I uploaded the site and everything was fine - so I thought!  When I reopened my pages to do some editing, I was unable to see the design.  I could see the source and know that the info is there - but when I view in design, all I see is the Masterpage template.  What is going on?  Can anyone help?  Thanks. Have you tried to close and restart VWD?  I often get similar display errors with VS 2008 Pro.  Once I close the app and restart it I don't have any problems.Remember to mark as answer if t...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

How to use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition ?
I have installed Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express in my PC, and remain Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, but when I use Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition to open a exist website made by Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition + SQL 2005 Express, I get the following error, how can I do? thanks! "The server version is not supported. You must have Microsoft SQL Server 2005 beta 2 or later."   BTW, can both Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005  run simultaneously on one PC?SuperCool Multiple ZIP...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I have installed the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and the ASP.NET Web administrator tool.  When I follow the example in the help file to run the ASP.NET Web tool, I goto PROJECT, then ASP.NET Configuration.  The program runs in the background and when I got to the website tool page it say I have an error.  The error I receive is:   An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.  There is not previous page?  Any one can help I would appreciate it...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I downloaded Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition in October 2007.  I now cannot load it because it says "Evaluation Period has expired". I understood the Express Edition was free and intended to remain so. Can I just download it again ? If so does it create any problems with the previous download ? I have not been able to find a source from which I can purchase any edition which won't expire after an evaluation period apart from software intended for corporate users and costing about £2,000. I am a home developer only interested in developing one site and would li...

Web resources about - How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Doha Development Round - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Doha Development Round or Doha Development Agenda ( DDA ) is the current trade-negotiation round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) which ...

Mehajer stands down from development roles
THE controversial deputy mayor of Auburn, Salim Mehajer, has stood down as director from six of his seven property development companies and ...

Software Development Conferences Forecast November 2015
Here is a list of software development related conferences and events on Agile project management ( Scrum, Lean, Kanban), software testing and ...

10 Rules Of Brand Development
... regularly answer questions from marketers everywhere. Today we hear from Alisa, a Brand Planner in London, England who asks this on brand development… ...

Paris attacks at a glance: Friday's developments
CNN Paris attacks at a glance: Friday's developments CNN (CNN) A key suspect in last week's Paris terror attacks remained at large Friday ...

Thoughts on the inter-relatedness of software architecture, infrastructure, and process. -or- Three tasty ...
A few weeks ago I was tasked with putting together a brief show-and-tell about the architecture of the software we’re building for someone on ...

Rubio: Paris Attacks Are A 'Positive Development' Because Fear Benefits Republicans
Yes, Marco Rubio, you did say you thought the Paris attacks were a positive development. Don't try and weasel out of it now. When he appeared ...

Korea government to invest US$110 million into wearables development, says report
The Korea government has announced from 2016 it will invest US$110 million over a five-year period into developing materials and components for ...

Netflix remake Lost in Space in development - EW.com
Space’s first family is flying back. Netflix is remaking the cult ’60s series Lost in Space, executive producer Kevin Burns confirmed to EW.... ...