how to get rid of old projects in recent project windows of start page?

Hi,

 i defined some http projects (not file system) which appear in the window "Recent projects" in the start page. Some are now deleted, but when i click on the link in the recent project window, i only get the message that "it doesn't exist anymore". With file system projects, VWD proposes to delete the link, but not with http projects.

So how can i remove those obsoleted links in the recent projects?

Thanks

Cl.

0
clemtuf

give this a read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919486

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
1/15/2008 12:14:33 AM

thanks

0
clemtuf

Start Page, Recent Projects, in VS 2005-2008 has no Web Site icons
Why does the Recent Projects section of the Start Page in both VS 2005-2008 show no icon for a Web Site project? They have solution files just like Web Applications projects, which do get an icon pointed, at the solution file. This happens for HTTP Web Sites and File System Web Sites - which get a folder containing the source. This small problem is one of those irritating (i.e. driving me crazy) things that has lead me to think about starting to hack the registry... so I decided to ask this rather shallow, embarassing question here and see if anyone has an explanation, before I b...

delete project from recent project on the start page
Hi How to delete project from recent projects window on the start page? I have deleted the project from file server and project folder. but, do not know how to delete it from recent projects. Thanks. Xiuxian     I think it should go away if you click on it to try to open it....gabriel magaña...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

getting a VB .Net project to run in a web page
ok....we had a developer create a nice little app in vb .net. when its built its a .exe with a cfc file. It has a gui/object interface. Being a novice with this stuff. I want to get this in a .net web page and run it on my web server. Any info or refence guide to do this will be appreicated. Thank you. well.... not so easily..... is the app supposed to have some sort of output, or does it just process something on the server? if you want it to have an interface, you proablby want to take his code out, put it in a class library, or your app_code folder, change all the cfc file stuff to...

How to delete the unused projects from the list of Recent Projects displayed on start page of VS2005( Academic edition) ?
How to delete the unused projects from the list of Recent Projects displayed on start page of VS2005( Academic edition) ? I am trying to google but no success... I use Visual Web Developer and at present there is no option to delete those projects from the Menu. I believe it is the same with Academic Edition. What you can do though is go to Websites directory and delete the project you don't want in the list, or if you don't want to delete it, just try moving it to some place else. Then when you click that project again in the list, it will give a message saying it cannot find the...

Create Web Site... missing from Recent Projects panel of Start Page
Under the Recent Projects, I only see a list of recent projects and then an Open: Project... and a Create: Project... link.  There's no link for opening or creating a Web Site... I have to use the menus to get to that option. Is there a way to add this link? No.  I also suggest using the Web Application, which can be opened like a project.  The web application is what Visual Studio 2003 use to use for web projects.View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005...

Which is best web application projects or Web site projects in VS 2008
Hi, Using VS.NET 2008 We are developing a web based product (inventory, accounts,etc). This product has DA, BO layers. We are currently using web site project model. We are using webdelopyemnt project for deploying at client place.I want to know that, which model Web site model or web applicaton model is a best model for applications?I read most of the blogs and also articles for knowing difference between these two models.  But I am not coming under conclusion.Let me know your views and alos best answers Regards S. Muhilan   As you probably know, the difference between...

Vs.net 2008 - web setup project
Hi,  I created a web setup (not web deployment) project in VS.net 2008; I noticed that PDF files in a folder is not getting added part of the websetup output. In the same folder, I have images, text files, they are all included. Does any one know, how to include PDF Files and other files, part of the websetup project? Regards, Sreedhar Hi, What type of your ASP.NET project is? I guess it is ASP.NET web application. If so, the pdf file is not copy to output directory by default, because it is not treated as "Content" of Build Action. To work around this issue, we can se...

Start Page Recent Projects is missing options to Open or Create Web Site
Web Development Settings missing from default collection of Settings My VStudio 2005 Start Page, Recent Projects section contains only 2 choices (instead of 4): Open:              Project...Create:            Project... I want it to provide choices for either a web site model or a web application project model like this:Open:                Web Site...    |Project...Create:         ...

How to clear Recent Projects in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
In Start Page,there are many Recent Projects listed in a box, I hope to clear the Recent Projects list items, how can I do ? thanks!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The recent projects list is stored in the registry. http://forums.asp.net/p/1281006/2447920.aspxMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ I delete all key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VWDExpress\9.0\ProjectMRUList Yes, all  recen...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

Visual Studio 2008 Start Page, Recent Projects section contains only 2 choices (instead of 4):
Visual Studio 2008 Start Page, Recent Projects section contains only 2 choices (instead of 4): Open:              Project... Create:            Project... I want it to provide choices for either a web site model or a web application project model like this: Open:                Web Site...    |Project... Create:           &nb...

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

Recent Projects not displaying my recent projects
I opened a website that is found on my local hard drive in V.W.D. 2008 E.E. After closing the applicaion, I went and deleted the website's folder and contents. I then opened VWD 2008 EE and the recent projects was showing the deleted sight. I clicked on it and it said that it didn't exist and asked if I want to take that sight off the Recent Projects list. I said yes. I then put the website back on my local hard drive and opened VWD 2008 EE. I went to open website and browsed to the local site and opened it. It now won't display on the recent projects list. I have looked for set...

Web resources about - how to get rid of old projects in recent project windows of start page? - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

Agile Project Management in a Larger Organisation – Video of my talk
I was recently asked to do a short talk and Q&A for an agile project management meetup in London. You can see the full video here: https://s ...

Grab a project management bundle worth almost $4,000 for $49
New year, new career? If you’re thinking of making a change, this training bundle could have you working as a project manager by 2016. Get all ...

Why some Googlers talk about their risky projects at the start of every meeting
Google's picky employee selection process is the stuff of legend. Once you get the job, you're surrounded by others who also made the cut — ...

Over 12 GW Renewable Energy Projects Now Approved In Philippines
The Philippines will soon have over 600 renewable energy projects operational as it prepares to significantly expand its clean energy infrastructure. ...

Edgar Wright Heads For DreamWorks Animation’s Shadows Project
In what will be his first fully animated feature debut, the Shaun Of The Dead director is taking on DreamWorks Animation 's shadowy pic. The ...

Project X Zone 2 pre-order bonuses include a challenge stage
... are not sold later (or, even crazier, just included in the game weird, I know), is not good. It's hard to get hopping mad about this Project ...