Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express

Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last one
I have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else?
0
Incognit

See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Line Overview chart.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
5/22/2006 11:43:58 PM
Thanks  for your reply i have now a better idea of the programa i am using, I am tryin to start building  my first page using the starter kit but when whentrying to create a user in the website administration tool, i get a messge error. no idea what i am doing wrong, but any help would be really appreciated..

 VirtualPathOptions options) at System.Web.VirtualPath.CreateAbsolute(String virtualPath) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.CreateConfigurationHelper() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.get_ConfigurationHelperInstance() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.GetWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperProperty(String propertyName) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.get_RequiresQuestionAndAnswer() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.get_QuestionAndAnswerRequired() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.UpdateValidators() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

 Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath at System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) at System.Web.VirtualPath.CreateAbsolute(String virtualPath) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.CreateConfigurationHelper() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.get_ConfigurationHelperInstance() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.GetWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperProperty(String propertyName) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.get_RequiresQuestionAndAnswer() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.get_QuestionAndAnswerRequired() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.UpdateValidators() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

0
Incognit
5/23/2006 6:17:36 AM

I recommend you start this as a new thread in the forum for the starter kit that you are working with.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
5/23/2006 6:31:22 AM
 Well this actually the message error.

   An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath at System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) at System.Web.VirtualPath.CreateAbsolute(String virtualPath) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.CreateConfigurationHelper() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.get_ConfigurationHelperInstance() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.GetWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperProperty(String propertyName) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.get_RequiresQuestionAndAnswer() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.get_QuestionAndAnswerRequired() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.UpdateValidators() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
0
Incognit
5/23/2006 6:31:43 AM

Incognit@:
 Well this actually the message error.

Please start this as a new thread in the forum for the starter kit that you are working with or the Security forum since it deals with the Website Adminstration Tool.

Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Web Developer Express Edition vs. Visual Studio Express Edition
Can someon summzrize the difference between these two tools and why I should use one versus the other? My goal is to learn ASP.NET with VB Hi, Visual Web Developer Express edition is the tool for starting with ASP.NET. Visual Studio Express Editions are for developing desktop applications and component libraries. You'll get a good start at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU well that is easy Visual web Developer is asp.net and is what you will want to use to learn asp.net with VB. the visual studio Express Editions are just the VB ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Web Developer Express 2005 coexist with Visual Studio 2005 Professional
I'd like to show some people here Visual Web Developer Express 2005 but I already have/use Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional on my laptop. Can they all coexist? (I saw many notes about not having VS 2005 beta with Express but non on VS 2005 Professional with Express) Thank you.   Yes they can, but since you already have VS 2005 Pro you don't need VWD Express as VS 2005 includes all VWD features and adds more (such as HTML Accessibility Checker and Web Form Localization).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provi...

Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition
 What is the Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition ?I am yet using ASP.NET  Through Visual Studio 2005 If I use Visual Web Developer Express Edition then which new facilities I get?Which is the best ?   Check out this page:Visual Studio 2005 Product Feature Comparisons Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! In a nutshell, the Express Edition suite of products from Microsoft are typically free and stripped of some features. Joseph GuadagnoMy Website: http://www.jose...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

OS X 10.11.3 developer beta 1 hits the Mac App Store
In addition to iOS 9.2.1 beta 1 , Apple has released OS X 10.11.3 developer beta 1 through the Mac App Store. The pre-release software doesn’t ...

Apple seeds the first beta version of iOS 9.2.1 to registered developers
... than a week after introducing iOS 9.2 to the general public , Apple has just seeded the first beta version of iOS 9.2.1. to registered developers. ...

Microsoft opens developer-focused HoloLens experience at NYC flagship store
... NASA is embracing HoloLens. With that said, hardware is only as good as its software, so today, Microsoft announces the opening of a developer-focused ...

App developers give brutally honest answers about why they pick iOS over Android
... they come to Android . We've written a lot about the reasons for this in the past but now The Next Web has given five popular mobile app developers ...

"Ehsan Abdulaziz, a Saudi millionaire property developer, was cleared of rape charges in London this ...
"... on an 18-year-old girl who was sleeping at his apartment after partying with him, penetrating her by accident.... [H]e said his penis might ...

Our new global program for Developer Agencies
Posted by Uttam Kumar Tripathi , Global Lead, Developer Agency Program The Google Developers team supports a number of global programs geared ...

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

Apple really wants developers to incorporate the iPhone's newest feature into apps
Apple has sent developers an email encouraging them to "find out how your apps can take full advantage of 3D Touch," according to MacRumors . ...