Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'

Hi,

I'm using  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, IIS  and my local IIS website name as 'XYZ'.

When I try to open that Website thru >>Open Website,  It says following error message :

" Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'. Please check to make sure that the Web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you sre sure that everything is correct, the web server may be out of service "

But I'm able to some other websites in IIS & sure my IIS also active.

Could you please help me ???

ThanX in advance

0
Krishna_Samy

Did you try accessing the site directly, not via 6548 port?

Mikhail
2/23/2007 9:11:38 PM

thanx Mikhail

I'm getting the same error while trying to open without port num-6548. I could not resolve this. When try to bowse the website  it returns page can not be displayed message.

Please help me.

0
Krishna_Samy
2/24/2007 5:44:00 AM
If you cannot access default IIS page via http://localhost (ie directly from browser, not from VWD), then something wrong with IIS setup.

Mikhail

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

help! Error "The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/...'. 'The certificate authority is invalid or i
Hi,Please help!  I have about 5 projects, none of them will open in VS 2003.  All of them return that error in the Subject line.  I have no idea where to even start, google does not return any useful results.  THanks!   check the bellow urls  http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1223046.php http://support.softartisans.com/kbview_226.aspx with regards ganesanGanesan...

Unable to open Web project 'GEC'. The file path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\GEC\test' does not correspond to the URL 'http://Localhost:/GEC'.
I'm a VS 2005 guy so I need some reasoning here as to why I can't get this .NET 1.1 web project to open in VS 2003.After clicking the web project from C:\inetpub\wwwroot\GEC\GEC.vbproj, I get the following error in VS 2005: Unable to open Web project 'GEC'. The file path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\GEC\test' does not correspond to the URL 'http://Localhost:/GEC'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not FoundWhen is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET! Hi dba123,This may be a little late now, I figure 5 days have past, but ju...

Unable to open the Web 'http://server/site'. Server Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running on the server is more recent than the version of FrontPage you are using. You need a more
I get this error trying to open a web created on W2003/IIS6/SPPS.  .NET2.0 is installed with it;s own IIS App Pool.  My web service web is assigned to that pool. "Unable to open the Web 'http://server/site'. Server Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running on the server is more recent than the version of FrontPage you are using. You need a more recent version of FrontPage. " The web was created with VS2005 installed on the server, but I'd rather not have VS installed on the server as a requirement.  /Bob C in GRR have you got a solution for this problem ?...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection'.
I have tried to upgrade an existing application from VS2005 to VS2008.  I downloaded the latest AjaxControlToolkit and referenced it in my project.  I'm getting the below error when I try to deploy to our QA servers.  I'm NOT seeing the issue on our local development machines that have VS2008 installed.   Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection'.  What piece am I missing in the deployment?  All the w...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'
I always get the below exception if I make a configuration change to the web.config file then request a page without re-building the project. Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'. Stack Trace: [InvalidCastException]: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'.   at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrec...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
Hello, Goal: enter a number in two fields HoursPerUnit and PeoplePerUnit and the value for the third field, TotalHoursPerUnit will populate after the the number in the two fields have been caculated.  Using the code below I receive the error message above.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Do I need to cast the text as a literal?  Please help? Thank you in advance, <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmHR.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmHR"...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Help Required
Server Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Util.ITypedWebObjectFactory'. [InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Util.ITypedWebObjectFactory'.] System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +123 System.Web.Compilation.BuildMa...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...