The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?

I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool.
now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition,
when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below:

//--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------
Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application.

Procedure or function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified.

Source Error:

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to add a new user using ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool in the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, but I get the error 2 below.

//--------------------------------------error 2--------------------------------------------------------

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CallWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperMethodOutParams(String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] paramTypes) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
//--------------------------------------error 2--------------------------------------------------------

I guess the new sql 2005 database may be not compatible with old edition, right? Many thanks!

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

The stored procedures changed between Beta 2 and RTM.  If this is a regular SQL Server installation (not Sql Server Express), you can fix this by just running the aspnet_regsql tool located in the framework install directory against your database server.  It will preserve the data and regenerate all of the stored procedures with the final versions.  For Sql Server Express there is no simple way to upgrade the stored procedures in the database (it is possible but its pretty complicated due to the way SSE databases work with Visual Studio).
-Stefan
sschack
11/17/2005 8:24:36 PM
Most likely yes. But if we do so, we will include the necessary logic in future framework versions to automatically upgrade from 2.0 to whatever the next version is.
-Stefan
sschack

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, why couldn't it be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition?
A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, why couldn't it be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition? The stored procedure Hellocw_GetAllFoldersByUserId can be created correctly in Beta 2, but when I try to create it again in final Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,I get a error, why?  Are there some changes about Xquery language between final edition and Beta 2? create procedure Hellocw_GetAllFoldersByUserId@userId varchar(80),   --This line cause the error "Msg 2389, Level 16, State 1, Procedure Hellocw_InsertBookmark, Li...

A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, why?
A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, why? This stored procedure (only part code) can be created correctly in Beta 2, but now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,I get a error information below when I try to create:XQuery [cw_Bookmark.Bookmark.value()]: 'value()' requires a singleton (or empty sequence), found operand of type 'xdt:anyAtomicType *' I think there are some changes in final edition SQL 2005 about XQuery language, how ca...

This stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, why?
This stored procedure (only part code) can be created correctly in Beta 2, but now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,I get a error information below when I try to create:XQuery [cw_Bookmark.Bookmark.value()]: 'value()' requires a singleton (or empty sequence), found operand of type 'xdt:anyAtomicType *' I think there are some changes in final edition SQL 2005 about XQuery language, how can I fix this error! Many Thanks!     --------------------------------------Stored procedure (part code)-------------------------------------...

Deploying a web site from Visual Web developer 2005 Express edition
Does anyone know how to deploy a web site from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition?...

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

In Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2, how can I use a fixed port to test aspx page?
In Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2, how can I use a fixed port to test aspx page? In Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2, I test web page using File system instead of HTTP,so sometimes I get the result "http://localhost:3079/WebSite2/Default.aspx",sometimes I I get the result "http://localhost:5603/WebSite2/Default.aspx",I hope to use a fixed port to test aspx page,for example,whenever I test web page, the  URL always is "http://localhost:3000/WebSite2/Default.aspx" How can I do? thanks!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work wi...

Can not open Security Page of Web site Administration tool in visual web developer 2005 express
Hi, I cannot open the security page of   Web site Administration tool in visual web developer 2005 express.When i click on security tab it gives  the following error.Also i am getting the same error message when I click on Add New Item ->Sql Database-> and click ADD. "There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The fo...

Web site with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I am very new to .NET so please bare with me.  I am in a web development college course and we are doing are web application in ASP.NET using C#.  One of my group members came across Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and showed us how easy it makes making a web page with login features. I was looking at the FAQ for VWD 2005 Express here: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/faq/default.aspx#vwd and it has this question: Can I build and deploy applications using the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 1? No. During the Beta 1 timeframe we want customers...

How to Create a Simple Web Form for Go Daddy hosted site from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Edition
I have spent all weekend trying to make my simple form mail WORK.  And now, much forum hunting and Go Daddy calling later, I want to post what I have learned, hoping to save another newbie a loooooong weekend.  So here goes:1) If you don't have one already, create an e-mail account at Go Daddy.  It will take about 15 minutes to become active.  Write down your user id and password, then forge ahead with the rest of this.  It will take you less than an hour, depending on how detailed your form is.2) Create your form in MS VWD 2005 X ed using the Wizard tool...

Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
I am getting ready to install  Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2, and was hoping to get some tips about security settings needed if I install it on my regular computer that is hooked up to the internet by DSL modem.  I do have a firewall installed and virus checker, but want to make sure I am not making myself vulnerable.  I am a newbie at both ASP.net and the use of servers, so any help is greatly appreciated. Simply instaling VWD Express does not expose anything on your machine to make you vulnerable to the outside world.  It does install the ASP.NET De...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Web Matrix
Hello, I am using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to build web sites in ASP.NET 1.1 / VB. I need to keep using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000. Can I install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express? I would use Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to work as I usually do. At same time I would get used to Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Thank You, Miguel VWD can coexists with Web Matrix. I am not sure, however, if SQL 2005 can run on the same box with SQL 2000. You do can, however, use VWD with SQL 2000.Thanks------...

Web resources about - The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message