The ASP.net 2.0 web application made by Chinese Windows XP + English Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition can't run under English edition windows XP ?

ASP.net 2.0 web application made by Chinese Windows XP + English Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition can't run under English edition windows XP ?

I made a ASP.net 2.0 web application under Chinese edition Windows XP + English edition Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition

You can download it at http://www.hothelpdesk.com/Online/Download/HotHelpDeskV1.00Build7.zip

A guest me that he met the following error

Attempt to access the method failed

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below

I don't have english edition windows XP, could you download the web application and test it in a english Windows? Thanks so much!

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

Hi mycwcgr,

The error message your client provided is not enough, it is just the general error description. There should be other information such as “Exception Details”, “Stack Trace”, “Version Information” etc.

Actually I have tested you project on my English Windows XP environment. It works very well. You have to provide those information for troubleshooting.

However, seems the issue has been resolved from another fourm…

The ASP.net 2.0 web application made by Chinese Windows XP + English Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition can't run under English edition windows XP ?
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/ASP.NET/Q_23023367.html

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson
12/19/2007 9:06:08 AM

Thanks so much!

The user catch the error information as picture, you can see details at http://www.hothelpdesk.com/error.jpg , it's not very clear!

I never find the functiom "System.Delegate.BindToMethodName" which is displayed in the error information, and even I can't find the function by Google!

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?
The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition, when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below: //--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application. Pr...

A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, why couldn't it be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition?
A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, why couldn't it be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition? The stored procedure Hellocw_GetAllFoldersByUserId can be created correctly in Beta 2, but when I try to create it again in final Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,I get a error, why?  Are there some changes about Xquery language between final edition and Beta 2? create procedure Hellocw_GetAllFoldersByUserId@userId varchar(80),   --This line cause the error "Msg 2389, Level 16, State 1, Procedure Hellocw_InsertBookmark, Li...

A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, why?
A stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, why? This stored procedure (only part code) can be created correctly in Beta 2, but now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,I get a error information below when I try to create:XQuery [cw_Bookmark.Bookmark.value()]: 'value()' requires a singleton (or empty sequence), found operand of type 'xdt:anyAtomicType *' I think there are some changes in final edition SQL 2005 about XQuery language, how ca...

This stored procedure can be created correctly in Beta 2, now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, why?
This stored procedure (only part code) can be created correctly in Beta 2, but now it doesn't be created correctly in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,I get a error information below when I try to create:XQuery [cw_Bookmark.Bookmark.value()]: 'value()' requires a singleton (or empty sequence), found operand of type 'xdt:anyAtomicType *' I think there are some changes in final edition SQL 2005 about XQuery language, how can I fix this error! Many Thanks!     --------------------------------------Stored procedure (part code)-------------------------------------...

Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition and Datawindow.net 2.0
I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition and Datawindow.net 2.0. They seem to be working pretty well together except for one thing. I can't update the database with the updatedata command. I can insert, delete, filter and sort just fine but updating is a problem. I am unable to drag the transaction object over from the toolbox even though it is there. The transaction object is available but it is grayed out. I coded a transaction object manually for all of the other database updates which worked just fine. I tried the same process for updating and it did not work. D...

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

Can I develop our company's internal application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
Dear All, Can I develop our company's internal WEB application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? Any constraint or strict if using "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? For example, user connections / database size (we are going to use mdb not sql server express). We are going to develop a simple Job Request management system for our department, are there any template download for reference (IT help desk).  Regards, Owen   Visual Web Dev 2005 does not have any limitations that it imposes that I know of.  It's actually quite fully featured-...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Why can't i compile and make a *.dll file with my visual web developer 2005 express edition?
I  downloaded Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. But it doesn't seem to put the *.dll file into the bin folder after compiling. And it does not make out a *.dll file. Could anybody tell me how to config it so that it is able to put *.dll files into bin folder like VS 2003 does?Any helps would be appreciated. Hello will98, with ASP.NET 2 some things have changed. One of them is the compilation model. This version uses a concept called Dynamic Compilation, which uses Special Folders to support it. Now, you don't need a compilation step to generate your assem...

Me've a BIg Questions in using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and .NET framework 2.0
wassap Guys: I've downloaded Visual Web Developer 2005 Express but I've not installed it yet. I have some Q's as follows : Can Visual Web Developer 2005 Express make projects in the same process such as visual studio.NET 2003 and 2005 'Here I do mean does it make code behind files for each page automatically and BIN directory and .vbproj or csproj extension for each project? Can I use the previous application to run and script ASP.Net 1.1? If I would like to install .NET framework 2.0 ,Can I run ASP.net 1.1 on this framework or not ? sorry guys it might be idiot Q's but th...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Web Matrix
Hello, I am using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to build web sites in ASP.NET 1.1 / VB. I need to keep using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000. Can I install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express? I would use Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to work as I usually do. At same time I would get used to Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Thank You, Miguel VWD can coexists with Web Matrix. I am not sure, however, if SQL 2005 can run on the same box with SQL 2000. You do can, however, use VWD with SQL 2000.Thanks------...

Web resources about - The ASP.net 2.0 web application made by Chinese Windows XP + English Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition can't run under English edition windows XP ? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor, Exynos 8 Octa, Built on 14-Nanometer FinFET Process ...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced the newest member of its Exynos family of ...

MBA: Mortgage Refinance Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 18% YoY ...
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications fall 1.3%
Despite a sharp rise in mortgage interest rates, mortgage application volume was not affected as much as expected.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...