installation on win xp home

just wondering if the express version is support to be installed on windows xp home edition(sp2), tried several times, always had errors.

thanks

0
hotjava

 yes you can install any version of .net on XP prof edition with sp2...what are the errors tht you get??

Amit Malhotra
http://www.learnlinq.blogspot.com/
0
RicIshay
6/9/2008 4:18:06 AM

Thanks but what i've got is xp home edition

0
hotjava
6/9/2008 5:25:02 PM

Install Framework then tried.

With Regards,
Kaushik Choudhury
Software Engineer

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
0
kaushik021

I guess you want to insert Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition or Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on your machine, right?

Express Edition can be installed on Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2, which doesn't have IIS.

Did you get any error message while installing? If yes, you can search it on internet or post it here.

Did you install another version of Visual Studio, such as beta version? You can try to remove them from machine completely, and then install it.

For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908451

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Errors from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express just installed.
I have just installed Visual Web Dev 2005 Express and  Visual Studio C#.  I try to build the first website from an example using the Personal Website Starter Kit. It invites me to hit Ctrl-F5 to get it going.  The result is an error: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll' and: error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll' could not be found Now, this is g...

Error when install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in Vista Home Edition
I was trying to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition downloaded from http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/ in my Windows Vista Home Edition and it failed, saying an error as: Error occurred during setup: The following component was not attempted: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU Followed with a popup window from Program Compactibility Assistant saying: This program might not have installed correctly. If the program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.Program: IExpress S...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Web Matrix vs Vis Web Dev 2005 Express
Hi - i'm looking to upsize MS Access DBs to SQL Server and also migrate to web vs LAN- Yesterday downloaded SQL Server 2005 express and Vis web Debveloper Express as learning tools (haven't yet installed) Today ran across Web Matrix - which appears to be for earlier versions of .Net Are Matrix and Web Developer express similar? Can someone fill me in - which should i be learning? thanks  Just to make sure you're clear, Web Matrix is for ASP.NET 1.1 and VWD is for ASP.NET 2.0.While Web Matrix met a need, Visual Web Developer is by far the superior tool.  If you have the op...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

VS.NET 2005 (June) fails to install SQL Express 2005?
Hello, Thanks for reviewing my question.  I have been struggling with trying to install VS.NET 2005 (June) and it fails to install the 2005 SQL Express.  It reports: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86: [2] Component Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86 returned an unexpected value."  Any advice? I have was able to successfully install the SQL 2005 Server before I installed the VS.NET 2005 June but it complained about the .NET Framework 2.0 because it tried to install it even though it was there.Is there a certain order when ...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

During installation of Visual Web Developer, SQL Server 2005 Express x86 failed to install
I download the ISO file for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I am installing it on a standalone computer in a lab. For security reasons, the standalone computer is not allowed to have Internet access, thus the reason for using the ISO to install. The standalone computer is: Windows 2000 (5.00.2195 Service Pack 4) (not server OS, desktop OS) It has SQL Server 2000 installed along with Enterprise Manager, etc. The installation of the Windows Installer, the NET Framework and Visual Web Developer went fine. But...SQL Server 2005 failed to install.  As far as I can tell, there...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

Install SQL Server 2005 Beta and Vis. Web Dev Exp 2005 on Same box
I have had troubles with my install. I had previously installed (and been using) SQL Server 2005 Beta on a development/test machine. (running XP Pro SP2) After downloading/attempting to install VWD 2005 Beta I was informed that the .NET Framework 2.0 already existed, but no other warnings. In a leap of faith I tried uninstalling the Framework and then installed VWD, which did work with no apparent errors. After install I noticed several problems. 1) VWD does not load/launch properly.  It gave several errors on load. 2) SQL Server 2005 Beta no longer worked. 3) It did not appear t...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Web resources about - installation on win xp home - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...