How can I make a installation package for my ASP.NET 2.0 website just like Community Server 2.1 installer?

The Community Server 2.1 installation package can create web virtual folder,and can configure virtual folder as an application,and can set permissions for folder, and can create SQL 2005 DB, and can create username and password for the DB, could you tell me what utility can do that? Many Thanks!
SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

Visual Studio 2005 supports Web Setup project which can create installation package. You can also using other Installation tools like InstallShield, etc. to do so.

0
GeorgeZ
11/21/2006 2:35:02 AM
Can I make installation package with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express version? if not, is there other free utility?
SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

In Visual Studio the Publish Web Site utility can compiles your Web site into a set of executable files. You can then copy the files using any method you choose to the target server.

However the Publish Web Site utility is not available in Visual Web Developer Express Edition.

Check this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5c12ykae(VS.80).aspx

For visual studio version information:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700919.aspx

And some of the commecial installer offers this kind of feature, however the free version unfortunately don't have the feature. e.g.

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Here is a list a installation tools:

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msi/authoring.htm

You can compare them yourself, however I think the best idea is upgrading your Visual Studio if you need this feature frequently.

0
GeorgeZ

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Can I install two .NEt frameworks (1.1 and 2.0) in the same server
Hi all. I would like to know if two .Net framework versions .NET 1.1 and .Net 2.0 could coexist in the same server.  As far as I know an ASP.Net application build with Ms Studio 2003 uses .Net 1.1, and an application built with 2005 uses .Net 2.0.   Something that I do not understand is, if I build an application with ASP.Net 2003, and deploy it to a production server that has installed both frameworks 1.1 and 2.0, will my application use the framework 1.1 or is there any possibility of creating conflicts because it does not know which framework to select (1.1 or 2.0)   Wh...

Having problems trying to install SQL Server 2005 express /.net framework 2.0
Hi I'm having problems trying to install the above programme from the microsoft site and feel that I'm not getting anywhere.  'I receive the following message during installation "microsoft SQL server 2005 set up has detected a problem and cannot proceed. Either Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 is either not installed on this system or is corrupt.' I have dinstalled any previous versions of .net, instances of sql server 2005 ran ccleaner and then checked my Add and Remove programmes and checked the microsoft support site for the solution and that didn;t work  ...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?
I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed. I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first? I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case? Thanks, For sure you can have both on one machine. Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under. Regards ...

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Can I install .NET 2.0 and 1.0 in the same PC
In my PC. I did install Visual Studio 2003 and SQL 2000. Can I also install VS 2005 .NET 2.0 in the same PC ? I hope no any trouble. Can I  ? Yes you can. That question has been asked several times here on the forums. What I recommend is that, before asking the question to do a small search using the Advanced Search on this forum, at least that is what I do regardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP yes you can. Install 1.x first though... Just remember to watch which version you specify for the individual sites.....   How do you specify the...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Web resources about - How can I make a installation package for my ASP.NET 2.0 website just like Community Server 2.1 installer? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...