Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition

Visual Web Developer Express Edition, which released on 11/7/2005, is an easy to use, yet powerful, tool for developing ASP.NET 2.0 applications.  The free download is available at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/default.aspx

This forum is a great place for questions and discussions about using Visual Web Developer Express.  Don't forget to also check out the other resources on www.asp.net, including the new Starter Kits, Quickstart and Guided Tour.

Rich Ersek

Web Platform & Tools Team Community Lead PM

0
richarde

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition #2
Hello, In this moment I work with Web Matrix using MS SQL 2000 and MS Access databases and ASP.NET 1.1. If I install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition will I be able to: 1. Create ASP.NET 1.1 web sites and preview them?     Probably  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition generates code in ASP.NET 2.0.     This is not a problem as I write all my code in my code editor. 2. Use MS SQL 2000 databases? I have Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installed in my computer. 3. Use Microsoft Access databases? The one that ships with Office 2003? (The la...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Web Matrix
Hello, I am using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to build web sites in ASP.NET 1.1 / VB. I need to keep using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000. Can I install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express? I would use Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to work as I usually do. At same time I would get used to Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Thank You, Miguel VWD can coexists with Web Matrix. I am not sure, however, if SQL 2005 can run on the same box with SQL 2000. You do can, however, use VWD with SQL 2000.Thanks------...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Deploying a web site from Visual Web developer 2005 Express edition
Does anyone know how to deploy a web site from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition?...

Web resources about - Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Apple announces it will discontinue iAd App Network for developers on June 30th
On its developer news blog, Apple has announced that it is closing the iAd App Network on June 30th. Targeted at smaller publishers, the iAd ...

How malware developers could bypass Mac’s Gatekeeper without really trying
(credit: Patrick Wardle) In September, Ars reported a drop-dead simple exploit that completely bypassed an OS X security feature known as Gatekeeper ...

How dying baby salmon inspired these developers to build a better building for Tableau
When they go to work in their new Seattle office building in 2017, Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) employees who commute by bicycle will be able ...

Create promo codes for your apps and in-app products in the Google Play Developer Console
Posted by Yoshi Tamura, Product Manager, Google Play Over the past six months, a number of new tools in the Google Play Developer Console have ...

Bitcoin has 'failed,' says one of its most prominent developers
A disillusioned high-profile developer has quit bitcoin — claiming in an explosive blog post that the "experiment ... has failed." Mike Hearn ...

Microsoft offers developers free tools for its R programming language software
Microsoft is giving developers and students a free crack at its new server software for the R programming language. [ Want to learn R? Download ...

Watch app developer won’t sleep until vets with PTSD can
A watch app developed by the son of an Iraq war veteran could help veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder finally get good sleep.

Judge Denies Developer's Bid to Overturn Landmark Status of UES Buildings
A State Supreme Court judge denied an owner's request to overturn landmark status on two buildings. UPPER EAST SIDE — A developer ...