Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0

Hi,

 I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring.

Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time.

0
DanielMurtagh

The version is in the Web.Config file, it will look something like this:

2.0
<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
 <assemblies>
  <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
  <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
  <add assembly="System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

3.5
<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
 <assemblies>
  <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
  <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
  <add assembly="System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
  <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
  <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
  <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
  <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>

To change it:

Right click the project and select Properties.
Select Build
Select the Target Framework (2.0, 3.0, 3.5)

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
5/13/2008 2:14:15 AM

This is what my web.config file looks like

<?xml version="1.0"?><!--

Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

A full list of settings and comments can be found in

machine.config.comments usually located in

\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

-->

<
configuration>

<appSettings/>

<connectionStrings/>

<system.web>

<!--

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

symbols into the compiled page. Because this

affects performance, set this value to true only

during development.

-->

<compilation debug="true"/>

<!--

The <authentication> section enables configuration

of the security authentication mode used by

ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

-->

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

<!--

The <customErrors> section enables configuration

of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs

during the execution of a request. Specifically,

it enables developers to configure html error pages

to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

</customErrors>

-->

</system.web>

</configuration>

Does this mean I am using asp.net 1.0?

0
DanielMurtagh
5/13/2008 2:25:35 AM

Turns out that the problem was at the host end and not with my script.  Thankyou for your help with this.

0
DanielMurtagh

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Custom Paging .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.0
 I have a web app written in VS 2005 that uses griviews with custom paging and sorting done as follows. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="rec_id" BorderColor="White" BackColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="2px" CellPadding="3" CellSpacing="1" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" OnSorting="Gvemp_sort&q...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel
Are there any known issues for both of the frameworks running in parallel on same machine Also searched on the web but would like to know complete reference, before I dirty my hands on the 3.0.Any help is appreciated.regardsRaheel Hussain--------------------------------Blog: http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/URL: http://www.raheelhussain.com/--------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks don't run separately, they run together.  Think of .NET 3.0 as an extension of 2.0, ...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

ORA-1722 using PB5.0.03 and SQL*NET 2.3.3.0.0
Hi there! Does anyone know how we can update a numeric datatype field from a datawindow using PB5.0.03, Oracle 7.3, SQL*Net 2.3.3.0.0, Windows 95 on the client side and Windows NT 4.1 on the server side? When we try to change the value of a numeric field, for example from 13 to 12, we get an ORA-1722 when we save the changes back to the database. We have tried the connection parameter disablebind=0 and it works fine, we don't get the error, but we need that parameter set to 1 because we are using stored procedures as data sources for some datawindows in our application. ...

How can i upgrade my project from .net 2.0 to .net 3.0
I have been developing my project in .net 2.0 and and its already deployed for testing. Its not yet in use but its already deployed for testing purposes. Then i realised that i already have .net 3.0 installed both on my developement computer and on our production sever posiibly through these microsoft updates because i did not install .net 3.0 manually, i just found them in the installed programs. So how can i configure this project and all the applications that i will develop in future to use .net 3.0 instead of 2.0 that iam currently using. Basically what i want to do is move my applicati...

Web resources about - Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0 - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Shooting in San Bernardino leaves 14 dead; the 2 suspects also killed
A HEAVILY armed man and woman terrorised this city on Wednesday, killing at least 14 people and wounding at least 17 at a social services centre ...

Playing out the College Football Playoff: Sooners top Tide for title
Washington Post Playing out the College Football Playoff: Sooners top Tide for title CBSSports.com Clemson enters the second College Football ...

Islamic State claims responsibility for Aden assassination
Los Angeles Times Islamic State claims responsibility for Aden assassination Los Angeles Times Yemenis inspect the scene of a car bomb attack ...

Donald Trump Would Go After Terrorists’ Wives Because They ‘Know What’s Happening’
Donald Trump is vowing to clamp down on suspected terrorists if elected president, by going after their families. “I would certainly go after ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Climate Change Hard On The Brain, Global Warming Fight Needs China And U.S. To ...
According to former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, climate change science is very difficult for the average brain to understand. ...

Former President Jimmy Carter Announces He's Cancer-Free
Jimmy Carter has announced that his latest scan showed no signs of cancer. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution , the 91-year-old former ...

The Best & Worst Sketches from Ryan Gosling’s ‘Saturday Night Live’
Kicking off the final three episodes of Saturday Night Live that we’ll get in 2015, The Notebook and Drive star Ryan Gosling took the stage at ...

Has Anyone Seen The Star Wars Toyota Celica? Seriously, It's Missing
When the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977, Toyota had a Celica painted and sticker’d up with Darth Vader and friends (technically enemies, ...

Morgan Freeman’s Plane Crash Leaves Actor And SJ30 Jet Pilot, Jimmy Hobson, Unscathed
A private plane carrying actor Morgan Freeman and pilot Jimmy Hobson made an emergency crash landing in Tunica, Mississippi on Saturday. Fortunately, ...

‘Doctor Who’ Season Finale Sends Whovians Spinning
Doctor Who fans take their show extremely seriously, so it should be no surprise that the season finale, Hell Bent , has fans of the show – known ...