Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?

What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site.

0
jettman26

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

This link described the express editions.

And from this FAQ:

The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documentation that will help the beginning programmer quickly learn the concepts required to build more advanced applications. The user interfaces are significantly streamlined to ensure that extraneous features do not interfere with the learning process. The fundamental idea is that the Express products will guide the novice carefully so they are successful and gain confidence early in their programming career.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas
6/24/2005 9:51:55 PM
Hello jettman,

take a look here to this "Visual Studio Product Line Overview". A comparison chart it is available in that link.
VB .Net Coder - Apologize my C# nescience
Best Regards.
0
ByReckon
6/25/2005 2:04:01 PM

Thanks for the information!

0
jettman26

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition
 What is the Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition ?I am yet using ASP.NET  Through Visual Studio 2005 If I use Visual Web Developer Express Edition then which new facilities I get?Which is the best ?   Check out this page:Visual Studio 2005 Product Feature Comparisons Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! In a nutshell, the Express Edition suite of products from Microsoft are typically free and stripped of some features. Joseph GuadagnoMy Website: http://www.jose...

Visual Web Developer Express 2005 coexist with Visual Studio 2005 Professional
I'd like to show some people here Visual Web Developer Express 2005 but I already have/use Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional on my laptop. Can they all coexist? (I saw many notes about not having VS 2005 beta with Express but non on VS 2005 Professional with Express) Thank you.   Yes they can, but since you already have VS 2005 Pro you don't need VWD Express as VS 2005 includes all VWD features and adds more (such as HTML Accessibility Checker and Web Form Localization).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provi...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

is componentart for Visual Studio 2005 (or Visual Web Express 2005 version)
http://www.componentart.com It seems like the Web.UI suite is geared towards Visual Studio 2003, because there is not right arrow button on the top right corner of the Grid. And it also requires code behind coding, as where the standard Visual Studio 2005 girds require no require no code behind coding Is this the case?Cheers!- Aron...

Web resources about - Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Belgium cats, raids and religious differences explained by a Belgian
Belgium police joined the cat fun at the end of a tense day of anti-terror raids and arrests in Brussels.

Cultural differences fade when Westerners and Chinese fall in love
One in three Australian marriages are now intercultural. Researchers have found out a key ingredient for success.

6 Ways To Tell The Difference Between A Terrorist And A Refugee
If you are sitting at the table for five minutes and you can't spot the difference between the refugee and the terrorist, you are the terrorist. ...

Can the US and China transcend their differences?
Why Washington should embrace Beijing’s “new type of major-power relationship”

"But there is no such thing as a female or male brain, according to the first search for sex differences ...
"It reveals that most people have a mix of male and female brain features. And it also supports the idea that gender is non-binary, and that ...

The 11 most important differences between Macs and PCs
... and Microsoft's rivalry has kicked into high gear — it's even spilled over into the tablet market . We put together some of the key differences ...

Cartoon: How to tell the difference between ISIS and Muslims
The GOP is demanding that the Democratic presidential candidates use the term “radical Islam” to refer to ISIS. Yet it’s hard to imagine them ...