Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"

I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?

0
sammak

You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versions

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel
10/8/2007 9:38:25 AM

Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx.

Mikhail

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Can I develop our company's internal application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
Dear All, Can I develop our company's internal WEB application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? Any constraint or strict if using "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? For example, user connections / database size (we are going to use mdb not sql server express). We are going to develop a simple Job Request management system for our department, are there any template download for reference (IT help desk).  Regards, Owen   Visual Web Dev 2005 does not have any limitations that it imposes that I know of.  It's actually quite fully featured-...

I really Need Help with " Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" with Password Recovery !
I created a Database type in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition that users can register them selves and create pass and store their email....etc..  And I made an Option for them to Recover their Password but after that it asks their Username then Secure Question and then after that instead of sending the password to their entered email it Give me an error...Could anyone Please! Help me..... I really need to know how to let it send the password automatically to their saved email address...And another thing which is very important " How should i upload my files to the Ser...

Visual web developer 2005 express crashes on "save all"
Hi all,after a few minutes of working with vwd, and saving my site by clicking the "save all" icon in the toolbar (or on auto-save), vwd often crashes.My system:AMD 1400+ Athlon320 MB ram40 GB HarddriveWindows XP SP2The following message is shown in the event log:Faulting application vwdexpress.exe, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333d0c3, faulting module vswebdesign.dll, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333ec87, debug? 0, fault address 0x001708ac.I already tried replacing my memory, but it didn't help.Does somebody know what's up?TIA,Bram  The first thing to determine is, ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?
 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)URL:     ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.NETFramework.v20.chs/dv_VWDcon/html/296c0be6-9ad5-4104-9a1b-a853986fa1a3.htm The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express helpI have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"? I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank! To create a member...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Visual Web Developer Express 2005 coexist with Visual Studio 2005 Professional
I'd like to show some people here Visual Web Developer Express 2005 but I already have/use Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional on my laptop. Can they all coexist? (I saw many notes about not having VS 2005 beta with Express but non on VS 2005 Professional with Express) Thank you.   Yes they can, but since you already have VS 2005 Pro you don't need VWD Express as VS 2005 includes all VWD features and adds more (such as HTML Accessibility Checker and Web Form Localization).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provi...

Web resources about - Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express