Database connection problems after using SQL Server 2005

Hi,

Recently I made the mistake of attaching my Visual Web Developer Express mdf database file to SQL Server. After detatching it again I seem to be unable to use it in VWD. For some reason I am now unable to even establish a connection to either ASPNETDB.MDF or my own database mdf file.

The error I receive is as follows...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

0
Zen777

How did you attach to SQL and then how did you detach from SQL?

Did you change the ConnectionString? If so, maybe you forgot to put back the original ConnectionString.

0
hypercode
7/30/2006 6:47:21 PM

Doh! It's because I downloaded the Enterprise edition of SQL Server in order to copy my tables to my hosts server (the Express edition wouldn't let me do that). Turns out that Visual Web Developer Express needs SQL Server Express in order to work with the mdf files. Makes sense I guess. Sorry everyone!

0
Zen777

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

using my sql server express 2005 database on my web server
Hello, I appologie for asking what is possibly  very simple question, but here goes. I have been trying for a while to upload one of my database projects that I have created in Visual web developer to my web host. However every time I try and run the remote version I get the following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Loca...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005
Hello,If I backup and restore an express database to sql server 2005 standard, will there still be limitations in regards to the database size, cpu...etc.? Thanks,Jon  I suppose that no. Limitations are connected to SQL engine not to database itself. But probably if your database will grow up connected to SQL Standard and you will try to move it back to SQL express you will be in trouble.  ThanksJPazgier...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

i am getting problem when i am connecting to database sql server 2005 from visual studio 2005
 the error is "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"mine is a windows authentication server.  Hi v_badhra,see this article:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;914277 Samu ZhangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the pos...

Web resources about - Database connection problems after using SQL Server 2005 - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...