Using of functionality "Convert to web application" programmatically

We wrote several months ago the “application” which is able to generate the ASP.NET code from some proprietary metadata. Now, we use the new Web Application project which has the new *designer.cs file.

SO, we are planing to extend our code to generate this file too. However, the fact is that this file is directly generated from the ASPX file. Before we start to do it, it would be useful to use out the same functionality you use.

Is there any public functionality in the WebApp project type, which we can utilize for this purpose?

Thanks

Damir

0
ddobric

Trying to bring in 1.1 project as VS2005 "Web Application Project"
I have a 1.1 project from a few years ago and am trying to turn it into a 2.0 project, but when i open VS2005 (with SP1 installed) and then open the "sln" or "vbproj" file in the project, i get prompted with "The following web web projects must be convered to the new Web Site format" Where is the option to use Web Application Project instead of Web Site format?   Wasn't that one of the "gee whiz" things MS was bragging about in Service Pack 1?"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" I think you can try ...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

Problems deploying Dynamic Data web application using "Web Deployment" project
Hi,  When I attempt to deploy a dynamic data web application using a "web deployment" project, only about half of the folders inside the "DynamicData" folder get copied properly. Here are the steps to reproduce. Prerequisites: Visual Studio 2008 .NET 3.5 SP1 Web Deployment projects add-on installed (I forget the exact name of this tool) In VS2008, go to File, New Project, Dynamic Data Web Application Right click on WebApplication1 and select "Add Web Deployment Project..." Accept the defaults and click OK. Right clik the web dep...

Web application project or Web site project which is "better"?
Hi,We are a bit confused as to which web project type is best to use.Currently we have a number of large projects in the old style with .vbproj files. These have been upgraded to VS2008 web application projects. Compilation seems slower of upgraded projects than created from scratch web site projects. I do get the impression MS is pushing the new style format for future releases.What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new web site project?Where do references get stored in the new style project?Where do the control declarations get hidden in partial classes?Thanks, Alex ...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

Dealing with arbitrary blob types in "pick" and "share" web activities. Should we use application/octet-stream, application/*, stop filtering?
The email app currently filters the Blobs it accepts like so: - share (serviced by the email app): { type: ["audio/*", "image/*", "url", "video/*"] } - pick (triggered by the email app): { type: ['image/*', 'video/*', 'audio/*'], nocrop: true } There is a longstanding issue that our web activities are sort of an evolved hodge-podge. The long-abandoned bug on this is https://bugzil.la/796729. Both activities have some edge cases: - share: The browser shares with type "url", most other things seem to us...

Programmatically Populating the "mail.settings" section of "system.net" in web.config
I am fully aware that the system.net section of web.config typically looks something like this:  <system.net>    <mailSettings>      <smtp from="noreply@sample.com">        <network host="smtp_server_address" userName="myUsername" password="myPassword" />      </smtp>    </mailSettings>  </system.net>If web.config is so populated then this info is used for sending e-mails generally and al...

A "Web Application Project" for web-services ?
I was wondering if there is something analogous to the "Web Application Project" VS add-in for Web-services. By analogous I mean: 1. All the source files in a Web-services project is compiled into a single assembly, perhaps with the exceptions of the .asmx file 2. Property pages for the project in VS display all the tabs that are available in other kinds of projects - i.e., for example, ability to specify pre and post build events, the XML documentation file etc. I really appreciate any help. Cheers, Adrigo Yes, the current release supports creating an "ASP.Net Web Service Applica...

How To Set "Trial Application" and "Bound To This Machine" .NET application only
Hi, This is the first time I made a web application for a client. Since he has not paid me, what should I do so that the application will terminate within x days starting from the day I install the application in his server ? And is it possible to make application works on his server only ? I don't want the files copied without my permission.   Thank you very much for your attention.  ===================================Don't Quote And Flame Me If I Am Wrong===================================...

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

switch project from "file" to "web"?
I've taken over a project from another for a webservice. He originally set it up as "file" based, so it's showing up as "c:\path\to\site" in the solution manager. This is causing issues and it should be setup as a website with http://virtual/to/site. Is there a way to switch a file based one to a web based one and have it use IIS ?   Nevermind... just readded it manually to the solution, seemed to work Hi: I think you are talking about an ASP.NET 2.0 application? You can simply make a File System application work smoothly with IIS, by creating a new website poiting to the folder ...

No "Add web deployment project" for web application
I've installed the web deployment project, opened several examples with web application project with web deployment project added to it and would be oki, exept for one thing. I don't  have a  "Add web deployment  project" in build menu (the right click menu and the top menu) for web application, but for web site it apears. Could anyone explain why? Examples that i saw had web deployment projects added to wec applications.Thanks for any help.   I think maybe you install not correct with your Visual Studio  So try to install Visual Studio 20...

Why I cannot use "delete" and "edit" functions ???
Hi all,This application was hosted at remote site.  I had a problem when I try to delete or edit or rename  my Album or Photo  after I logged in as  administrator.  I already checked all parameters for matching from both PhotoManager.cs class and all store procedures from Personal.mdf database.  Each parameter is matching each other.  But I still do not know why I got those problems above.  But when I add a new album, it is ok. There is no problem for adding a new album.   I use C# version.  I hosted this application at www.vwdhosting.ne...

Web resources about - Using of functionality "Convert to web application" programmatically - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects