The new "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (RC1)"

are there any further readme's or instructions on how to use the new features in this package?  Some of the features sound interesting but I don't know where to find them in vs.
thanks,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx

Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner

Did you check out Scott Guthrie's blog post here?

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/05/442032.aspx

He has tons of links to additional info as well.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview"
How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview" Go to Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs. -- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Trying to bring in 1.1 project as VS2005 "Web Application Project"
I have a 1.1 project from a few years ago and am trying to turn it into a 2.0 project, but when i open VS2005 (with SP1 installed) and then open the "sln" or "vbproj" file in the project, i get prompted with "The following web web projects must be convered to the new Web Site format" Where is the option to use Web Application Project instead of Web Site format?   Wasn't that one of the "gee whiz" things MS was bragging about in Service Pack 1?"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" I think you can try ...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

How do I create a VB Template that will appear in the "New Project"/"Visual Basic Projects" dialog?
In vb6, I have a very simple app that consists of a windows form, a multiline textbox, some SQL connection strings and a simple method to output text to the multiline textbox. I use this template when I create throw-away test projects to see if something works or not.This was REAL SIMPLE to have it show up in VB6: I just put the project into the ...vb98\Template... directories and it just worked.How do I do the same thing in VS.Net 2003? I found some similar looking directories, but putting the solution files there did nothing.Help would be most greatly appreciated.Owen Well, I almost have...

Web application project or Web site project which is "better"?
Hi,We are a bit confused as to which web project type is best to use.Currently we have a number of large projects in the old style with .vbproj files. These have been upgraded to VS2008 web application projects. Compilation seems slower of upgraded projects than created from scratch web site projects. I do get the impression MS is pushing the new style format for future releases.What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new web site project?Where do references get stored in the new style project?Where do the control declarations get hidden in partial classes?Thanks, Alex ...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Difference between "Creating new website" and "Creating new web project"
Hello (Using VS2008) I would like to know the difference between "Creating a New Website" and "Creating a New Web project". Thanks a lot. Hi, the first one creates a web site using the web site project model (default in VS2005) which is based on that you don't have a standalone project file, but project contents are defined by physical directory structure. Basically a web site project has also slightly different compilation model, for example not everything in the project is necessarily built into single assembly, and you don't necessarily ha...

VS 2005 "Web Deployment Projects" project lacks macros?
I'm trying to create the equivalent of a post build event for a website.  I have the "Web Deployment Projects" add-in installed and am attempting to follow the instructions in the "Using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Studio 2005" document.  In the "Customizing Web Deployment Projects" section, it gives an example of an "AfterBuild" target where a directory is created using the $(TargetDir) macro.  When I attempt to use $(TargetDir), it doesn't seem to exist.  The only macros I can find that work within the .wdproj file are solution level (SolutionPath, Solut...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...

How to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual Studio?
Hi all,I have installed the Framework Started KIT. And now I would like to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual StudioI have tried to open as Solution (.sln) and as Web project (.vbprj) but this files don't exist. How to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual Studio?...

A "Web Application Project" for web-services ?
I was wondering if there is something analogous to the "Web Application Project" VS add-in for Web-services. By analogous I mean: 1. All the source files in a Web-services project is compiled into a single assembly, perhaps with the exceptions of the .asmx file 2. Property pages for the project in VS display all the tabs that are available in other kinds of projects - i.e., for example, ability to specify pre and post build events, the XML documentation file etc. I really appreciate any help. Cheers, Adrigo Yes, the current release supports creating an "ASP.Net Web Service Applica...

Web resources about - The new "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (RC1)" - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects