Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project

hi,

i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this

In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:

public partial class VPlayer {
protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1;
protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1;
protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress UpdateProgress;

following error messages shows

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\CarduWebApplication\WebApplication1\Logged\VPlayer.aspx.designer.cs 14 29 WebApplication1

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'UpdatePanel' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\CarduWebApplication\WebApplication1\Logged\VPlayer.aspx.designer.cs 24 29 WebApplication1

Error 11 The type or namespace name 'UpdateProgress' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\CarduWebApplication\WebApplication1\Logged\VPlayer.aspx.designer.cs 32 29 WebApplication1

0
priyankagupta

Web application projects are basically client projects so the code files are built by VS - not Asp.Net. Therefore you need to make sure you add a reference to System.Web.Extensions. Right-click on the project in the solution explorer, choose Add Reference... and select System.Web.Extensions
Bill Hiebert

Visual Studio Web Tools
0
billhie
4/4/2007 5:13:19 PM
Its not solve the problem ... :(
0
Tkadosh
4/11/2007 4:27:44 AM

I followed the same advice, made the same reference and am having the same problem. Has someone out there found a solution?

0
davidanderson
4/18/2007 7:05:03 PM

This is the solution, probably

1. Open web.config delete this <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>

If nothing happens then...

Don't worry !!!

1. Create new Web application project and tune AJAX

1.1 Create Web application project and add AJAX: add to web.config lines according with documents at
http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx or in accordance with the sample in drive:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.nnnn

1.2 Create AJAX page and check if AJAX is working

2.3 if AJAX fails, reinstall Windows or power adapter of PC - it's up to you :)

2. Create a reserve copy of working project and change her until AJAX begins working

2.1 add reference on System.Web.Extensions.dll, if it hasn't helped delete all references and add them again as in test project. If it doesn't compiled - delete pages with errors.

2.2 If it hasn't helped, gradually delete all unnecessary lines in web.config until it fully coincides with с web.config of new project as in 1.1 . If it doesn't compiled - delete pages with errors.

P.S. sooner or later the problem will be found out. If it doesn't help than follow the instructions in 2.3

Sorce for test web application:

Default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="AJAX_WebApp_CS._Default" %>

<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<%--
Web Application
--%>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
	<asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="ScriptManager1" EnablePartialRendering="true" />
	<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
		<ContentTemplate>
			<asp:Calendar runat="server" ID="id"></asp:Calendar>
		</ContentTemplate>
	</asp:UpdatePanel>
	<asp:UpdateProgress runat="server" ID="id2">
		<ProgressTemplate>
			123
		</ProgressTemplate>
	</asp:UpdateProgress>
    </form>

Default.aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Threading;

namespace AJAX_WebApp_CS
{
	public partial class _Default:System.Web.UI.Page
	{
		protected void Page_Load(object sender,EventArgs e)
		{
			Thread.Sleep(2000);
		}
	}
}

Ask me if you need VB

0
il
5/15/2007 7:23:45 AM

Hi, friend, you are great!

This issue has been resolved according to this solution.

Thanks!

0
EricChe

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

Run-time problems after converting VS2005 web site to web application project
I've been reading about Web App Projects and how they eliminate the need for _vti files from FrontPage Server Extensions so I thought give it a try converting. I've read lots of stuff on this in this forum and elsewhere and I've gotten my project to build without any errors but I get failures trying to run the app. To give an idea, I have a public site for development at http://www.mortgagedataweb.com/devmdw/default.asp which resides in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\devmdw on a webserver running WinServer2003. I also have a copy of this on my desktop running WinXP at http://localho...

how to convert existing web application to AJAX based web application
 Hy, i have developed a web application in asp.net 2.0 but due to so many post backs i want to convert this application to AJAX based to fulfill the future requirements, if you have any idea then please share with me, thanks in advance Regards, Aamir Dharani  This post has the answer you're looking for: http://forums.asp.net/p/1144152/1854320.aspxHanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il...

Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project
Hi Guys I have one web site application and use ajax call web services. it is working very well. 1. Master page set up scriptmanager with webservices path. 2. Web service inside web site application under app_code named ajaxwebservice.cs 3. Javascript call ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); But after I convert web site into web application project, the ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); failed, the ajaxwebservice in undifined error. I use the same web.config, master page, I put my ajaxwebservice.asmx and ajaxwebservic...

Converting an existing web project to an Ajax web project
Does anyone know what is the easiest way to convert an existing web project in Visual Studio 2005 to an Ajax 1.0 toolkit enabled web project.  Is it as simple as copying some files into the bin directory or is it more complicated?  Any feedback or tutorials would be appreciated.   Thanks,  BC  Remember to mark any post that is helpful as an answer and change posts status to Resolved to help others in the future. cheers,BChttp://voidimpossible.com   Very useful video http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=81 you wil...

Converting a Web Application Project to a Web Site Project
I converted a VS 2003 web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project model.  Is it possible to convert this to a Web Site Project once it is upgraded to VS 2005? We don't have any automated tools to convert from VS2005 WAP to Websites.  If you really prefer to use the website model, I would recommend converting directly from VS2003 to Websites.  To do that you can open the VS2003 app using the "Open Website" command.Omar KhanVisual Web Developer Team I thought you were going to say that.  I have spent quite a bit of time getting rid of most of the warnin...

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project ?
I upgraded my .NET 1.1 apps to Web Site Projects long before this add on was released and was wondering if there's  a way to convert these Web Site Projects to Web Application Projects because I really did like the old way of just uploading one dll to the web server when updates came around.   Is there a way to do this?In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. Here are a couple of tutorials that describe how to do this: C# - http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx VB - http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBa...

Ajax error calling Web Service from Web Application Project vs Web Site
I am implementing the code from the Asp.Net Ajax Video Demo “How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?”  The Web page is generating a javascript error (‘SimpleService’ is undefined) and is unable to recognize the Web service.  The downloaded examples work, however I have created the Demo (both the page and the web service) in a Web Application Project, rather than a Web Site.  The demo uses a Web site.  Because of this the page does not recognize the Web service. To ask the question another way: What needs to be done differently in a Web Service...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

How convert VS2005 site web to new Web Application Project
We found out about the new Web Application Project tool a few days too late. Our VS 2003 web app has now been moved to the default VS2005 model. Now that we know about the new Project model add-in, we'd love to convert to that. Our biggest problem with the standard VS2005 model is that non-GACed references aren't stored anywhere...it just looks in the bin. This is a pain for our build/deployment process (no more Copy Local). We can GAC a lot of assemblies (even though we don't want to), but some of them are third-party unsigned assemblies or COM interop assemblies, so they have to be in th...

Converting web site project to web application in vs 2008
I am converting web site project into web applicatio project in vs 2008 and running into web reference related issue.  I am not so sure how to address this.  Our old web site application had app_webreferences folder with AllServices as sub folder and then all of the web services under that folder. for example:  AllServices\AService.wsdl  AllServices\BService.wsdl   AllServices\CService.wsdl   etc... our code references AllServices.BService in the code or AllServices.AService etc...  It seems like when I Right Clicked on web application project...

Web resources about - Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...