Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code

I've tring to migrate Web Site to Web Aplication in VS 2005. In my Web Site I have pages written using VB and C#. During converting to WA i choose VB and only pages with VB code i can migrate. If I choose C# as language for WA only pages with C# I can migrate. Is a way to migrate Web Site with mix of VB and C# code?

Wieslaw

0
wieslawo

As far as I know, The ASP.NET Web application doesn't support that C# application project contains VB page or VB application project contains C# page. But it can compile the different language class file in project.

In your case, you can try to convert all the pages to use one language or divide your project to two projects.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
5/21/2008 3:49:56 AM

Simply try the following simple solution:
1.) Open ur web-site in VS2005.
2.) At the top-level, ie ur web-site, right click.
3.) choose "Convert to WebApplication"
4.) Most of the things will be done.
Regards,
Jitendra.R.Wadhwani

0
Jitendra
5/21/2008 12:17:37 PM

Simply try the following simple solution: 1.) Open ur web-site in VS2005. 2.) At the top-level, ie ur web-site, right click. 3.) choose "Convert to WebApplication" 4.) Most of the things will be done. Regards, Jitendra.R.Wadhwani

0
Jitendra
5/21/2008 12:19:56 PM

Jitendra R Wadhwani:

the top-level, ie ur web-site, right click. 3.) choose "Convert to WebApplication" 4.) Most of the things will be done. Regards, Jitendra.R.Wadhwani

I do not know what top-level(solution level or website)  mean here. I do not see any Convert to WebApplication

0
yan19454

VS 2005 Web Application project >> Web Site project
Hello,I am trying to do the uncommon, change a VS 2005 Web Application project (originally a converted 2003 Web Application project) to a VS 2005 Web Site project. There are many tutorials on how to either take a 2003 Web Application project, or 2005 Web Site project and turn them into into a VS 2005 Web Application project. (Not what I'm looking for)Also, is it possible to convert a 2003 Web Application project to a 2005 Web Site project. (too late for my current projects.... but for future refernce) Many thanx     There may very well be a reason why the road o...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

VS. 2003 => VS 2005 Web Site => Web Application Project?
Hi We converted our VS 2003 solution which contained 2 web application and 5 Class Lib projects to the standard Web site 2005 model. Now. Is there a way to convert from this to the new Web Application model automatically? Thanks in regards Anders   Via Scott Guthrie:  If you want to migrate an existing VS 2005 Web Site Project to be a VS 2005 Web Application Project, please also review these other VB and C# migration tutorials that walkthrough the Web Site to Web Application conversion process step-by-step.  This article here also describes some of the diff...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

Difference between Web Application Project and Web Site in VS 2005
Hi There,  Please don't hit me if i ask this basic question - What is the difference between Web Application Project and Web Site in VS 2005?  I usually go ahead with a Website in VS but recently tried the Web Application Project and I saw a properties folder.  What is the use of that section? Anybody with descriptive post or link to a resource, would be of great help to clear the mist in empty head..Siva SenthilMy Share My Discoveryhttp://siva-senthil.stumbleupon.comhttp://del.icio.us/ksivasenthilPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you ...

Problem upgrading VS 2003 Web to VS 2005 Web Application Project
Hi,I've just attempted to upgrade an existing 2003 web project to 2005 as per Scott's instructions at:http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx and I'm getting an error dialog at step 6.4, on attempting to re-open the solution with the ProjectType changed to guids:   "A project with that name is already opened in the solution.".   One colleague reproduced my error; another ran through the same sequence and does not get the error, so I guess it's an environment or installation issue.  Anyone seen the same issue and found a work-around?CheersGarth Hi G...

Migrating 2005 AJAX-Enabled Web Site to 2005 SP1 Web Application Project
Maybe I had a poor subject line in my last post.  Maybe I am too impatient, but this stuff shouldn't be that difficult...Has anyone else had difficulties converting a 2005 AJAX-Enabled web site to 2005 SP1 Web App Project?  Specifically with UserControls or Server Controls and User Controls inside AJAX Update Panels? I have been trying to upgrade my existing VS 2005 Web Site to a Web Application (that comes with SP1).  I followed Scott's migration tutorial [ http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ] but I have many problems regarding ...

Which is best web application projects or Web site projects in VS 2008
Hi, Using VS.NET 2008 We are developing a web based product (inventory, accounts,etc). This product has DA, BO layers. We are currently using web site project model. We are using webdelopyemnt project for deploying at client place.I want to know that, which model Web site model or web applicaton model is a best model for applications?I read most of the blogs and also articles for knowing difference between these two models.  But I am not coming under conclusion.Let me know your views and alos best answers Regards S. Muhilan   As you probably know, the difference between...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

how to convert a standard vs 2005 project into a web application project
Hi I have an application created in vs2005 before I found out about web application projects. I have downloaded and isntalled the updates to vs to enable waps. However, I don't know how to go about converting my existing vs2005 project into a wap. How do i do this? Thanks a lot, andrea Check out this site.  It has instructions on how to convert both VS2003 to VS2005 WAP and VS2005 websites to the new VS2005 WAP model.http://webproject.scottgu.com/    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.- Neil - thank-you...

Conversion Error while converting from VS 2005 web site to Web application project
Hi all, I am trying to convert to WAP from Website VS 2005. I get the following error Error 3 Type 'frmXXX' already defines a member called 'Page_Load' with the same parameter types  I dont understand the error.Does this mean it compiling twice? Unable to research because of the vagueness of the error.   I followed the steps below 1) Move all the .aspx and *.cs files in new web application folder 2) Right click and convert to web application 3) rebuild the project. After following the steps above i get the error mentioned in the email   P...

Just one error when Migrating from VS 2003 to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project
Hello. I'm trying to migrate a VS.NET 2003, VB Web consuming client Web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project using the info at this link http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration/Migration.aspxThe only problem i have is in the following code, the "RequestSoapContext" gives an error when i hover my mouse over it of "'RequestSoapContext' is not a member of 'CoyneTruckWebServices.TripExportService.TripExportService" This code is exactly as it was in VS2003, where it was working, but i can't figure out how to get rid of the error.    ...

UpdatePanel & Form View in Web Site Project vs. Web Application Project
I am seeing two different behavour patters when using the UpdatePanel in a Web Application Project (File > Add New Project > ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Application) vs a Web Site Project (File > New Website > ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site) The exact same code will complie in one project type but not in another. The code is: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server">   <EditItemTemplate>     <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">       <ContentTemplate>        ...

Web resources about - Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...