Just one error when Migrating from VS 2003 to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project

Hello.

I'm trying to migrate a VS.NET 2003, VB Web consuming client Web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project using the info at this link http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration/Migration.aspx

The only problem i have is in the following code, the "RequestSoapContext" gives an error when i hover my mouse over it of "'RequestSoapContext' is not a member of 'CoyneTruckWebServices.TripExportService.TripExportService"

This code is exactly as it was in VS2003, where it was working, but i can't figure out how to get rid of the error.

            Dim proxy As New TripExportService.TripExportService
            Dim user As New UsernameToken(txtCompany & "\" & txtUserName, txtPassword, PasswordOption.SendHashed)
            proxy.RequestSoapContext.Security.Tokens.Add(user)
            Dim node As XmlNode = proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate)
            Dim xpDoc As XmlDocument = node.OwnerDocument

Thanks,
Tony

0
TGirgenti

Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code
I've tring to migrate Web Site to Web Aplication in VS 2005. In my Web Site I have pages written using VB and C#. During converting to WA i choose VB and only pages with VB code i can migrate. If I choose C# as language for WA only pages with C# I can migrate. Is a way to migrate Web Site with mix of VB and C# code? Wieslaw Hi, As far as I know, The ASP.NET Web application doesn't support that C# application project contains VB page or VB application project contains C# page. But it can compile the different language class file in project. In your case, you can tr...

Errors migrating VS 2003 Web project to VS 2005
Hello all, I have a large VB.NET solution (around 69 projects) which I am converting to Visual Studio 2005. The solution consists of about 66 class library projects (all of which convert correctly) and three web projects (all of which fail miserably). I have attempted following instructions to change the file type of the web projects from web to class library and back, but this fails with the message "Project type does not exist" - I believe I may be using the C# GUIDs for the project name as opposed to the VB. However, this failure is secondary. When I attempt to install the WAP update, I ...

Problem upgrading VS 2003 Web to VS 2005 Web Application Project
Hi,I've just attempted to upgrade an existing 2003 web project to 2005 as per Scott's instructions at:http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx and I'm getting an error dialog at step 6.4, on attempting to re-open the solution with the ProjectType changed to guids:   "A project with that name is already opened in the solution.".   One colleague reproduced my error; another ran through the same sequence and does not get the error, so I guess it's an environment or installation issue.  Anyone seen the same issue and found a work-around?CheersGarth Hi G...

VS. 2003 => VS 2005 Web Site => Web Application Project?
Hi We converted our VS 2003 solution which contained 2 web application and 5 Class Lib projects to the standard Web site 2005 model. Now. Is there a way to convert from this to the new Web Application model automatically? Thanks in regards Anders   Via Scott Guthrie:  If you want to migrate an existing VS 2005 Web Site Project to be a VS 2005 Web Application Project, please also review these other VB and C# migration tutorials that walkthrough the Web Site to Web Application conversion process step-by-step.  This article here also describes some of the diff...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Not able to open a VS 2005 project. Why?? In VS 2003 I would just open the .csproj file, but not in VS 2005 ?
  Hello. I have been working mostly with Visual Studio 2003. Today I am trying to work with a C#/asp.net project written in VS 2005. The problem is that I don't know how to opent the project. In VS 2003 I would usually just open the .csproj file and the whole project would open. Now with VS 2005, I don't see any such file. Does anyone knwo what the problem is here? Please help. VS2005 does not have project files for web sites. instead it just uses the folder contents to discover the contents of the project. hence, to open a web site u need to goto File - > open -> web site...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

Got error CS0433 for Crystal Report after migrating the project from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I got following error after I migrated my web project from VS2003 to VS 2005. I was using Crystal report 9.2 with VS 2003 for this project. Now I wanted to upgrade my project to VS 2005. How can I resolve this problem? Any help would be very much appriciated. Thanks. May c:\inetpub\wwwroot\operatorsuite520\Reports\ReportViewer.aspx.cs(99,27): error CS0433: The type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\10.2.3600.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll' and 'c:\WINDO...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

using vs 2003 projects with vs 2005
Hi I am currently building a web application with visual studio 2005, but wanting to use some of the methods from my old visual studio 2003 projects. Is there anyway to do this apart from converting all of my VS2003 projects to VS2005? Thanks Hello skuvnar, the most unique way is to expose your methods as services or as libs which will be consumed by previous framework. Thinking in the way of code compartibility is not a good way in case of down compatibility s> I am currently building a web application with visual studio 2005, s> but wanting to use some of the metho...

VS 2005 Web Project to VS 2003
How to Migrate a VS 2005 Web Project to VS 2003 ? vinod82_cse:How to Migrate a VS 2005 Web Project to VS 2003 ? Can I ask why you would want to downgrade the framework?There is no tool around to do this that i am aware of as it makes no sense to convert a .NET 2.0 app to .NET 1.1If you are serious about doing this you will just have to create an empty 1.1 solution and add the content from the .NET 2.0 app. However if the .NET 2.0 app uses new controls and language features from 2.0 then you cannot use them in 1.1 ...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

VS 2005 Web Application project >> Web Site project
Hello,I am trying to do the uncommon, change a VS 2005 Web Application project (originally a converted 2003 Web Application project) to a VS 2005 Web Site project. There are many tutorials on how to either take a 2003 Web Application project, or 2005 Web Site project and turn them into into a VS 2005 Web Application project. (Not what I'm looking for)Also, is it possible to convert a 2003 Web Application project to a 2005 Web Site project. (too late for my current projects.... but for future refernce) Many thanx     There may very well be a reason why the road o...

Unable to convert VS 2003 project to VS 2005 project
I have a project which is created by Visual Studio 2003 with infragistics component. I used Visual Studio 2005 Pro & infragistics new version component convert project source code but Visual Studio 2005 Pro display many errors and warnings after convertion. I found out that many errors and warnings are came from infragistics component reference). Please provide information for solving this problem. Thank you! Are you migrating to web application project to which it's simpler to convert in VS2005? See this site: http://webproject.scottgu.com/Thanks,Teemu Keiski...

Problem: VS 2003 Web Applicaion Migrate to VS 2005 Web Application model
Hi, I have migrated my vs2003 application to vs2005 web application model.   i followed the first four steps based on the url http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/HelloWorld/Helloworld.aspx but still my project is maintaining  in vs2003 version. My csprjoct file is not converted to vs2005. Anyone can please help me. Regards, Baskaran Hi Baskaran, Can you send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) with more details about your migration issues?  I can then help you debug and figure out what the problem is. thanks, Scott...

Error while converting VS 2003 project to VS 2005
Hi  All, I have converted visual studio 2003 project to visual studio 2005 but m getting error as : "Attribute 'CodeBehindFile' in the @ Page directive is no longer supported. Convert this page to the new code-behind model by opening the Web site (project) containing the page in Visual Web Developer. " As 2005 does not support CodeBehindFile i changed it to Codefile, still it is giving the same error.. M stuck here please let me know how to resolve this. Thanks in Advance,  Chainv   Hi, What version of Visual Studio 2005 are you u...

VS 2005 crashes when migrating from VS 2003 project
Hi, VS 2005 crashes violently when opening a .sln file from VS 2003. I get no error message or indication what could be causing the crash, just “do you want to send an error report to MS?”. I have read the error-report but since it is in hex format it is not readable. I have found no one with the same problems. As of right now I  see no other solution then manually migrating this VERY big project (37,000 LOC). Does anyone know alternatives to migrate?  Regards /Christoffer Use Visual studio 2005 web application project...I have successfully migrated one big...

Conversion Error while converting from VS 2005 web site to Web application project
Hi all, I am trying to convert to WAP from Website VS 2005. I get the following error Error 3 Type 'frmXXX' already defines a member called 'Page_Load' with the same parameter types  I dont understand the error.Does this mean it compiling twice? Unable to research because of the vagueness of the error.   I followed the steps below 1) Move all the .aspx and *.cs files in new web application folder 2) Right click and convert to web application 3) rebuild the project. After following the steps above i get the error mentioned in the email   Please advise   Hi, In ASP.NET website, the class such as codebehind class doesn't add Namespace by default. But in ASP.NET web application, the Namespace will be added automatically. In your case, we can add Namespace to classes after being converted. For more information, see Upgrading VS 2005 Web Site Projects to be VS 2005 Web Application Projects (http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx).   I look forward to hearing from you.Thomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ...

how to convert a standard vs 2005 project into a web application project
Hi I have an application created in vs2005 before I found out about web application projects. I have downloaded and isntalled the updates to vs to enable waps. However, I don't know how to go about converting my existing vs2005 project into a wap. How do i do this? Thanks a lot, andrea Check out this site.  It has instructions on how to convert both VS2003 to VS2005 WAP and VS2005 websites to the new VS2005 WAP model.http://webproject.scottgu.com/    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.- Neil - thank-you...

Build Error on migrating WebApp from VS 2003 to VS 2005
Hi,  I created a sample WebApplication with C# in VS 2003 and pulled it in VS 2005. When the solution was first built, I got the following error message, "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefnition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."   in Web.Config But the application executes for me. What should be done to clear this??  Thanks.       Hi CDeck, I suspect that the problem is that you are opening the web-project as a...

Error Message when publishing project with VS.Net using Copy Project
Hi, There a couple of developers on my team that receive an error message when they upload their projects to our web server using Copy Project with Visual Studio.Net 2003. The error message if anything is only an annoyance as project files are loaded to the server, however I would like to try to get an understanding as to what may be causing the error message to be raised. The error message we see is as follows: "The Web was created successfully, but an error occurred when trying to configure the application root for this web. Web projects may not operate correctly without an appl...

Web resources about - Just one error when Migrating from VS 2003 to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with "trash" applicants ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with &quot;trash&quot; ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
... two models with 10 TB capacity. This week Western Digital unveiled the world’s first family of helium-filled HDDs designed for consumer applications, ...

NASA just smashed its record for astronaut applications—18,000+
... excitement about the future of NASA, with the space shuttle soon to debut, was palpable. So when the space agency called for astronaut applications, ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

Oklahoma: Concealed Carry Permit Applications Surge Following Obama’s Gun Control
... State Bureau of Investigation numbers suggest gun control talk and Pres. Obama's gun controls contributed to surging concealed carry applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.8 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement. Application security is arguably the biggest cyber threat , responsible for 90 percent ...

Mortgage applications fall 4.8%
Low mortgage rates are no longer a novelty, hence no longer a sudden incentive for mortgage borrowers.