how to convert a standard vs 2005 project into a web application project

Hi

I have an application created in vs2005 before I found out about web application projects. I have downloaded and isntalled the updates to vs to enable waps. However, I don't know how to go about converting my existing vs2005 project into a wap.

How do i do this?

Thanks a lot, andrea

0
andieje

Check out this site.  It has instructions on how to convert both VS2003 to VS2005 WAP and VS2005 websites to the new VS2005 WAP model.

http://webproject.scottgu.com/

- Neil -
0
NHuffman
4/16/2006 3:40:16 AM
thank-you
0
andieje

Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code
I've tring to migrate Web Site to Web Aplication in VS 2005. In my Web Site I have pages written using VB and C#. During converting to WA i choose VB and only pages with VB code i can migrate. If I choose C# as language for WA only pages with C# I can migrate. Is a way to migrate Web Site with mix of VB and C# code? Wieslaw Hi, As far as I know, The ASP.NET Web application doesn't support that C# application project contains VB page or VB application project contains C# page. But it can compile the different language class file in project. In your case, you can tr...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

VS 2005 Web Application project >> Web Site project
Hello,I am trying to do the uncommon, change a VS 2005 Web Application project (originally a converted 2003 Web Application project) to a VS 2005 Web Site project. There are many tutorials on how to either take a 2003 Web Application project, or 2005 Web Site project and turn them into into a VS 2005 Web Application project. (Not what I'm looking for)Also, is it possible to convert a 2003 Web Application project to a 2005 Web Site project. (too late for my current projects.... but for future refernce) Many thanx     There may very well be a reason why the road o...

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project ?
I upgraded my .NET 1.1 apps to Web Site Projects long before this add on was released and was wondering if there's  a way to convert these Web Site Projects to Web Application Projects because I really did like the old way of just uploading one dll to the web server when updates came around.   Is there a way to do this?In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. Here are a couple of tutorials that describe how to do this: C# - http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx VB - http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBa...

Converting a Web Application Project to a Web Site Project
I converted a VS 2003 web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project model.  Is it possible to convert this to a Web Site Project once it is upgraded to VS 2005? We don't have any automated tools to convert from VS2005 WAP to Websites.  If you really prefer to use the website model, I would recommend converting directly from VS2003 to Websites.  To do that you can open the VS2003 app using the "Open Website" command.Omar KhanVisual Web Developer Team I thought you were going to say that.  I have spent quite a bit of time getting rid of most of the warnin...

Unable to convert VS 2003 project to VS 2005 project
I have a project which is created by Visual Studio 2003 with infragistics component. I used Visual Studio 2005 Pro & infragistics new version component convert project source code but Visual Studio 2005 Pro display many errors and warnings after convertion. I found out that many errors and warnings are came from infragistics component reference). Please provide information for solving this problem. Thank you! Are you migrating to web application project to which it's simpler to convert in VS2005? See this site: http://webproject.scottgu.com/Thanks,Teemu Keiski...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

Which is best web application projects or Web site projects in VS 2008
Hi, Using VS.NET 2008 We are developing a web based product (inventory, accounts,etc). This product has DA, BO layers. We are currently using web site project model. We are using webdelopyemnt project for deploying at client place.I want to know that, which model Web site model or web applicaton model is a best model for applications?I read most of the blogs and also articles for knowing difference between these two models.  But I am not coming under conclusion.Let me know your views and alos best answers Regards S. Muhilan   As you probably know, the difference between...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

convert a web application project to a website project
Visual Studio 2008 makes it easy to convert from a website to a web application with the wizard. However, what if you want to go the other way to convert a web application to a website? I couldn't find a post asking this question nor an answer to it. I find myself in a situation where I have built a website on the web application model, but I think I would prefer the website model mainly for the convenience of not having to manually recompile whenever a small change is requested. My website has 2000+ pages of static content, but it does have some webforms and database applications. I al...

Conversion Error while converting from VS 2005 web site to Web application project
Hi all, I am trying to convert to WAP from Website VS 2005. I get the following error Error 3 Type 'frmXXX' already defines a member called 'Page_Load' with the same parameter types  I dont understand the error.Does this mean it compiling twice? Unable to research because of the vagueness of the error.   I followed the steps below 1) Move all the .aspx and *.cs files in new web application folder 2) Right click and convert to web application 3) rebuild the project. After following the steps above i get the error mentioned in the email   P...

web application project vs website project
I recently upgraded to VS 2005's SP1 and besides fixing a lot of bugs it introduces this new web application project as another option for us ASP.NET folks. So I read this MSDN article about it but I find I am coming up short as far as knowing where exactly to use each still. Here is the MSDN article.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.aspIn the article there is a chart and where it says "Need to migrate large Visual Studio .NET 2003 applications" it has an "X" in the web application project column. That word "large" is pretty arbitrary. ...

Web resources about - how to convert a standard vs 2005 project into a web application project - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush