converted 1.1 to 2.0 Web application project, now project compiles under both models

Hi,

 Just converted our fairly big 1.1 project to 2.0.

 Then used "Convert to Web application" on the whole project.

When we just "build" or "rebuild" the ouput window tells us that is compiled into one assembly in the "bin" directory, just as intended and the reason we converted to Web application project type.

Now, when we either "debug" or run it after deploying it:

- it complies  to one single assembly again, and we get a confirmation of that in the "output" window.

- but then it proceeds to compile the project again under the Web Site model, we can tell that seeing the output window displaying all the files being created in "Temporary ASP.NET Files" in the framework folder and seeing vbc.exe in the taskmanager.

So it looks like after building under Web Application model, it kicks in the Web Site model and runs off that.

 How do we get it to run just as Web Application model? What could we be missing during the conversion?

0
andryuha

Converted from 1.1 to 2.0 Web Application Project, now project compiles twice under both models
Hi,  Just converted our fairly big 1.1 project to 2.0.  Then used "Convert to Web application" on the whole project. When we just "build" or "rebuild" the ouput window tells us that is compiled into one assembly in the "bin" directory, just as intended and the reason we converted to Web application project type. Now, when we either "debug" or run it after deploying it: - it complies  to one single assembly again, and we get a confirmation of that in the "output" window. - but then it proceeds to compil...

Converting 1.1 Web Project to a 2.0 Web Application Project, then and now...
Hey all, I hope I can explain this correctly, as I am completely lost as to what was and is going on. About 6-8 months ago, I installed VS2005 Professional on my notebook and got the VS2005 WAP conversion installation, which was a seperate add on at the time. I took a couple small 1.1 applications and as I recall pointed to the .vbproj file and allowed the conversion wizard to do it's thing and then went through the output fixing all the code which was no longer 2.o compliant (ie. Like the SMTP class changes).  Now, on my Desktop I was told to install VS2005 Team System and patc...

after migrating 1.1 to 2.0, project still compiles to 1 single dll, how to convert to "website project"?
Hi, just converted a 1.1 project to 2.0 with VS 2005 SP1. I wanted to convert it to the "website" model so that pages would compile to different dlls versus 1 single dll.  However it converted to 1 single dll. How do i covert it to where it compiles every page separately?  Any tips would be appreciated  Thanks Hi, Here are 2 articles which provide detailed steps for migrating ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0 including using the "website" model. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479567.aspxhttp://www.pointercorp.com/Convert_ASPDOTNET_11_20.htm Hope that h...

Converting Rainbow from 1.1 to 2.0 issue with Web Application Project
I first tried to convert rainbow with the normal conversion method and got numerous errors with namespace conflicts.  I then tried Scotts blog and got 0 errors on both the core and the modules ( just a couple namespace switches).  I compiled rainbow and the build passed.  My only things is when I go to the default page I get an error saying my assembly cant be found.  When I go to VS 2005, intellisense says otherwise and everything compiles.  I looked at the compiler output to find a long list of conflicts with my Temporary ASP.NET files directory located on ...

Trying to bring in 1.1 project as VS2005 "Web Application Project"
I have a 1.1 project from a few years ago and am trying to turn it into a 2.0 project, but when i open VS2005 (with SP1 installed) and then open the "sln" or "vbproj" file in the project, i get prompted with "The following web web projects must be convered to the new Web Site format" Where is the option to use Web Application Project instead of Web Site format?   Wasn't that one of the "gee whiz" things MS was bragging about in Service Pack 1?"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" I think you can try ...

Web Project converted from 1.1 VS2003 to 2.0 VS2005
Hi,  this is a few questions really My site was originally in .Net 1.1 and was converted to 2.0 and then I used the 'convert to web application' option in VS2005 to keep the same model with a single dll.  The site is used by IE, Firefox and Safari.  Also I have kept a browsercaps section in the web.config (BrowserCaps update for modern browsers, http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/) (which I think is maybe just needed in .Net 1.1)  Here's my questions; 1.  My site does not have any .browser files?  Does it need them and can anyone...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

VS2005 GCN 1.1 Converted with Web Application Project
I have converted GCN 1.1 (VS2003) to VS2005 using the new Web Application Project. They provide an import capability and it seamlessly converted the VS2003 project....

VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0
Hi! I have a problem trying to use VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0: I've read in one of the blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx) that there is a bug that makes Beta 2 recognize System.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 as a .NET 3.5 component. When I try to add a reference to it in my .NET 2.0 Web Application Project, it appears grayed out (as I believe it should). So, I there any other way to add it?I tried referencing the assembly in the web.config file, but the WAP doesn't build.Any ideas?&n...

2.0 web site and 1.1 Web Project
We converted a 1.1 solution to a 2.0 solution. All of our projects that are for the UI seem to be web applications, ie. they have a csproj file and the dll matches the name name of the project as the dll name. For example mywebsite.dll. There is one assembly. However when I right click on the root of the project in VS 2005 I get a convert to web application projet option we are using VSS. Why is this so to me it looks as though it is already a web application (because of the presence of the csproj file). If it were a web site from the .net 2.0 model then it would make sense ie. we can c...

Aspose.Project 1.2 Released!
Aspose.Project 1.2 Released! Version 1.2 Released on November 15 2004 ...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

converting project from 1.1 to 2.0
Hi , I have a project in 1.1 version, and trying to convert to v.s 2005. This project has a treeview which is using from  Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" <%@ Register TagPrefix="iewc" Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %> when i converted , its giving error for the treeview "Element 'TreeNode' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site." <iewc:treevi...

converting DOT NET 1.0 Project to 2.0
hi , I want to convert my project developed in 1.0 to 2.0. can any one help me in that. thanks in advance.PrasHant Yadav Have a look at this links: Upgrade from ASP.NET 1.x ASP.NET 2.0 Migration Overview ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0 - The Good, the Bad, the Ugly Migrating from ASP.NET 1.x to ASP.NET 2.0--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog Well, once you open your old project in VS 2005/20...

Web resources about - converted 1.1 to 2.0 Web application project, now project compiles under both models - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Businesses Struggling with Application Performance Issues
Many IT teams still don't have a monitoring solution in place or don't have a solution equipped to detect certain types of performance issues. ...