Conversion Error while converting from VS 2005 web site to Web application project

Hi all,

I am trying to convert to WAP from Website VS 2005.

I get the following error

Error 3 Type 'frmXXX' already defines a member called 'Page_Load' with the same parameter types

I dont understand the error.Does this mean it compiling twice?

Unable to research because of the vagueness of the error.

I followed the steps below

1) Move all the .aspx and *.cs files in new web application folder

2) Right click and convert to web application

3) rebuild the project.

After following the steps above i get the error mentioned in the email

Please advise

0
kirancobi

In ASP.NET website, the class such as codebehind class doesn't add Namespace by default. But in ASP.NET web application, the Namespace will be added automatically.

In your case, we can add Namespace to classes after being converted.

For more information, see Upgrading VS 2005 Web Site Projects to be VS 2005 Web Application Projects (http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code
I've tring to migrate Web Site to Web Aplication in VS 2005. In my Web Site I have pages written using VB and C#. During converting to WA i choose VB and only pages with VB code i can migrate. If I choose C# as language for WA only pages with C# I can migrate. Is a way to migrate Web Site with mix of VB and C# code? Wieslaw Hi, As far as I know, The ASP.NET Web application doesn't support that C# application project contains VB page or VB application project contains C# page. But it can compile the different language class file in project. In your case, you can tr...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

VS 2005 Web Application project >> Web Site project
Hello,I am trying to do the uncommon, change a VS 2005 Web Application project (originally a converted 2003 Web Application project) to a VS 2005 Web Site project. There are many tutorials on how to either take a 2003 Web Application project, or 2005 Web Site project and turn them into into a VS 2005 Web Application project. (Not what I'm looking for)Also, is it possible to convert a 2003 Web Application project to a 2005 Web Site project. (too late for my current projects.... but for future refernce) Many thanx     There may very well be a reason why the road o...

Converting web site project to web application in vs 2008
I am converting web site project into web applicatio project in vs 2008 and running into web reference related issue.  I am not so sure how to address this.  Our old web site application had app_webreferences folder with AllServices as sub folder and then all of the web services under that folder. for example:  AllServices\AService.wsdl  AllServices\BService.wsdl   AllServices\CService.wsdl   etc... our code references AllServices.BService in the code or AllServices.AService etc...  It seems like when I Right Clicked on web application project...

Converting a Web Application Project to a Web Site Project
I converted a VS 2003 web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project model.  Is it possible to convert this to a Web Site Project once it is upgraded to VS 2005? We don't have any automated tools to convert from VS2005 WAP to Websites.  If you really prefer to use the website model, I would recommend converting directly from VS2003 to Websites.  To do that you can open the VS2003 app using the "Open Website" command.Omar KhanVisual Web Developer Team I thought you were going to say that.  I have spent quite a bit of time getting rid of most of the warnin...

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project ?
I upgraded my .NET 1.1 apps to Web Site Projects long before this add on was released and was wondering if there's  a way to convert these Web Site Projects to Web Application Projects because I really did like the old way of just uploading one dll to the web server when updates came around.   Is there a way to do this?In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. Here are a couple of tutorials that describe how to do this: C# - http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx VB - http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBa...

Ajax error calling Web Service from Web Application Project vs Web Site
I am implementing the code from the Asp.Net Ajax Video Demo “How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?”  The Web page is generating a javascript error (‘SimpleService’ is undefined) and is unable to recognize the Web service.  The downloaded examples work, however I have created the Demo (both the page and the web service) in a Web Application Project, rather than a Web Site.  The demo uses a Web site.  Because of this the page does not recognize the Web service. To ask the question another way: What needs to be done differently in a Web Service...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

VS. 2003 => VS 2005 Web Site => Web Application Project?
Hi We converted our VS 2003 solution which contained 2 web application and 5 Class Lib projects to the standard Web site 2005 model. Now. Is there a way to convert from this to the new Web Application model automatically? Thanks in regards Anders   Via Scott Guthrie:  If you want to migrate an existing VS 2005 Web Site Project to be a VS 2005 Web Application Project, please also review these other VB and C# migration tutorials that walkthrough the Web Site to Web Application conversion process step-by-step.  This article here also describes some of the diff...

Which is best web application projects or Web site projects in VS 2008
Hi, Using VS.NET 2008 We are developing a web based product (inventory, accounts,etc). This product has DA, BO layers. We are currently using web site project model. We are using webdelopyemnt project for deploying at client place.I want to know that, which model Web site model or web applicaton model is a best model for applications?I read most of the blogs and also articles for knowing difference between these two models.  But I am not coming under conclusion.Let me know your views and alos best answers Regards S. Muhilan   As you probably know, the difference between...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

Difference between Web Application Project and Web Site in VS 2005
Hi There,  Please don't hit me if i ask this basic question - What is the difference between Web Application Project and Web Site in VS 2005?  I usually go ahead with a Website in VS but recently tried the Web Application Project and I saw a properties folder.  What is the use of that section? Anybody with descriptive post or link to a resource, would be of great help to clear the mist in empty head..Siva SenthilMy Share My Discoveryhttp://siva-senthil.stumbleupon.comhttp://del.icio.us/ksivasenthilPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you ...

How convert VS2005 site web to new Web Application Project
We found out about the new Web Application Project tool a few days too late. Our VS 2003 web app has now been moved to the default VS2005 model. Now that we know about the new Project model add-in, we'd love to convert to that. Our biggest problem with the standard VS2005 model is that non-GACed references aren't stored anywhere...it just looks in the bin. This is a pain for our build/deployment process (no more Copy Local). We can GAC a lot of assemblies (even though we don't want to), but some of them are third-party unsigned assemblies or COM interop assemblies, so they have to be in th...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Web resources about - Conversion Error while converting from VS 2005 web site to Web application project - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Digitimes Research: Global application processor market to rise 8.5% in 2016
The global market for application processors (AP) will rise 8.54% in 2016, according to Digitimes Research. Growth of demand for applications ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...