Code Works on VS 2003 /ASP.NET 1.1 but does not work on VS 2005 / ASP.NET 2.0??

Hi,

We have a Perfectly well working Web Application  developed in VS 2003 /ASP.NET 1.1. We are trying upgrade to VS 2005 / ASP.NET 2.0

The Application itself Comprises of a Common SDK Components where we have our Controls like ComboView etc...

I downloaded the  VS 2005 Web Application Project Preview and Installed it on my PC. I was successfully able to Upgrade ,compile and run this Web App in VS 2005 ( Until I thought So)

After a little test on the Web UI I have found Several Problems::

1. In the ComboView Control (which is embeded in a Page) we have several Buttons like "Edit","Filter" here is the Base Code for Adding these to the Control::

foreach (ImageButton lDefaultImageButton in mProperties.DefaultImageButton)
   {
    imgCnt++;
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton lImageButton = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton();
    lImageButton.ID = ClientID + "ExpandCtrlImg" + imgCnt.ToString();
    lImageButton.CausesValidation = false;
    lImageButton.Visible = lDefaultImageButton.Visible;
    lImageButton.ToolTip = lDefaultImageButton.ToolTip;
    lImageButton.ImageUrl = lDefaultImageButton.ImageUrl;

    if (lDefaultImageButton.PopUpUrl != "")
    {
     lImageButton.Attributes.Add("OnClick", lDefaultImageButton.PopUpUrl);
    }
    else
    {
     lImageButton.CommandName = lDefaultImageButton.CommandName;

                    lImageButton.Command += new System.Web.UI.WebControls.CommandEventHandler(CommandHandler);

    }

                lTable1Cell00.Controls.Add(lImageButton);
   }

After First time Clicking on these Imag Buttons there is a PostBack but the CommandHandler is not executed.

Second Time Clicking The Command handles is Executed...

All this Code was working Just File in VS 2003

2. When the CommandHandler is hit the Command is Wrong .For Example when we Click on "Update" Button, I am getting Cancel Command.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jasmeet

0
jsangari

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

.NET 1.1 Project With File-Based Reference To A .NET 2.0 DLL Not Working
All-- Please help I have a design that requires that a given .NET 1.1 client application include a file-based reference to a DLL that was built with .NET 2.0. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. The VS.NET IDE will simply not let me add the reference. Ug. I have tried several tests, detailed below, but I have yet to find an answer. Can it be done? What do you think? Please advise.   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Overview: In in a .NET 1 project, try adding a file-based reference that points to a DLL that was created...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Do I need VS 1.0 to install VS 2003 (.NET 1.1)?
I got a new computer where I will need to install my copies of VS 2003 and VS 2005.  All copies are legal with original disks.   I purchased VS 2003 as an upgrade to VS.NET that came before VS 2003.  Do I need to install that very first version 1.0 of VS in order to install VS 2003? Thank you in advance.   If it's an upgrade version, then you will need the previous version installed.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thank you for your reply.  However, I was hoping that VS 2003 coul...

New Project
Hi guys, I have been using visual studio .net 2003 with .NET Framework 1.1, to develop asp.net applications for a small setup. I've been doing this for quite some time and am quite proficient in the same. Now I'm starting a new project which has a strict deadline. Is it advisable to switch to VS.NET 2005 at this point. Or is it better to start developing in VS.NET 2003 and then migrate to VS.NET 2005 when more time is available. As of now I haven't really managed to upgrade myself about all the new features in VS.NET 2005. Appreciate reponse from developers who have tried migrati...

Can a page written in VB.Net 1.1 work with .Net 2.0 dlls?
Hi, Previously the Vb .Net page was working fine with GAC dll written .Net 1.1 . But the GAC dlls have been upgraded to 2.0 version and the page is thorowing error :"BC30002: Type 'CompanyUser' is not defined", where 'CompanyUser'is the class of the GAC dll. Can u help on this so that this page can be run without converting it to .Net 2.0? Thanks, SonaliThanks,Sonali  I think that you can set in IIS your page to run under 2.0. You do not have to upgrade site.__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi, The only thin...

VS .NEt 2003/ .Net 1.1 issues
Hi, I have a couple of issues with VS 2003/1.1 development on a machine.  I have no problems working with VS 2005/2.0 on the very same machine.   When creating a Web Application on my localhost IIS install, as soon as the WebForm1.aspx is created I get an ExecutionEngineException in DefaultDomain and the IDE closes.   Thinking that this could be an IDE issue, I attempted to install VS 2003 SP1.  When I try that, I get a Fatal Execution Engine Error 0x7925dc14. I have googled that error and it seems to come up in the context of some other applications a...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

IIS server works with vs.net but not vs.net 2003 ?
Trying to program in asp.net 1.1 via visual studio and running IIS 5.1. After getting asp.net to work, i am getting the dreaded '...Internal Server Error 500..." if I try to start a new Solution in VS.Net 2003. However, VS.Net will allow me to start a web application with no problems. Truth is stranger than fiction, but nothing is stranger than visual studio.... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

Sharepoint 2003 - .net 1.1
Hello !As a consultant, I was asked to develop a simple web application using .net 2.0 and a SQL Server 2005 database. I tried to deploy that application at the client's site : Windows Server 2003, Sharepoint 2003, IIS 6 (with .Net 1.1 and 2.0).The thing is that the application is to be deployed under the default web site used by sharepoint with .net 1.1, without being managed by sharepoint.Actually, when accessing the app from a remote computer, the browser shows a 'Page cannot be displayed'. How can get my application to work side by side with sharepoint and the 2 framework ver...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

Web resources about - Code Works on VS 2003 /ASP.NET 1.1 but does not work on VS 2005 / ASP.NET 2.0?? - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Energized Work
Fat free approach. No bureaucracy. No waste. Just common sense,disciplined technique, and radical transparency.

Financial Wisdom Works
Home Staff Privacy Policy Contact Search for: News Budgeting Education Debt Insurance Retirement Investing Credit Cards Teach Kids Financial ...

Research Works Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Research Works Act , also known as H.R. 3699, is a bill that was introduced in the United States House of Representatives at the 112th United ...

How time travel works in Star Trek
Enlarge / The Enterprise, caught in the wake of a temporal vortex, witnesses the Earth, assimilated long ago, in the altered timeline. (credit: ...

"No one else could make this work, and there will be plenty of people who say she should be listed among ...
"... but this, to us, is the essence of Tildaism." Top-rated comment: "David Bowie may be gone but hopefully we'll always have St. Tilda."

Groupon's CEO on stock surge: 'We're confident in our progress but we still have a lot of work to do' ...
... had. We had a really strong holiday season; I think you saw the Groupon brand and its rooting in value and savings for customers really work ...

Your Tax Dollars At Work: Hip-Hop Songs For Fat Kids
Pop quiz, hotshot: What is the role of government? — Jim Treacher (@jtLOL) February 12, 2016 Elizabeth Harrington, Washington Free Beacon: A ...

Jack McBrayer, Danny Pudi & Joe Manganiello Work Blue In ‘Smurfs’ Sequel; Betty Gabriel Joins ‘Get Out’ ...
Jack McBrayer , Danny Pudi and Joe Manganiello will lend their voices to Smurfs: The Lost Village , Sony Pictures Animation’s sequel set for ...

Putting IBM's Watson Analytics to Work—From Law to Universities
More than 1 million users have signed up for IBM's Watson Analytics since its launch. We highlight examples of how the service is being put to ...

5 Reasons To Kill The Work-Life Balance Myth
Work or life? Nope. There’s no such thing as either/or. The work-life duality is a fallacy. One way or another, we all know, deep down, that ...