VS.Net Check In/Check Out Function

Hi All,

I work on a team of developers who are just trying to get started with ASP.Net.  I've been doing development for 2+ years so it's not new to me but my colleagues have asked a question about the VS.Net environment that I can't answer.  We're trying to find out if there is some sort of Check In/Check Out function with Visual Studio.Net.  I've never worked in a team environment before so I couldn't answer this.  The reason we're wondering is because we're planning on setting up our online forms in a DotNetNuke style environment (one page, loads user controls).  The only thing is how do I work on the project at my machine, and the rest of the team work on some other part of the project elsewhere?  Is this a possibility?

John McConnell
Active Modules, Inc.

0
huffmaster

Hi John,

Visual Studio .NET (Rather Visual Studio from Whidbey) doesn't have a built-in Check In/Check Out functionality.  You need to use some sort of Source Depot.

Visual Source Safe (VSS) is the first thing that comes to my mind.  You can integrate VSS to work such that you can directly Check In/Check Out files from your VS.NET Environment itself.

However, the following are the key things.

If somebody checks out the BIN folder which contains the DLL, other might not be able to Build the solution.  So, the ideal scenario is to have a central repository of Code and have a single person responsible for creating the Builds once your team members check in their ASPX, Codebehind Files.

For more info, please check

Thanks.

regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

net checking
Sir I have an intranet application using ASP.Net in that application there are some pages required internet connection.If internet connection was not available then i want to redirect some other page how can i do this ??. I'm using vb as code behind thanks in advance PrasantH I think therefore i'mvPras©...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

net checking
Sir I have an intranet application using ASP.Net in that application there are some pages required internet connection.If internet connection was not available then i want to redirect some other page how can i do this ??. I'm using vb as code behind thanks in advance PrasantH I think therefore i'mvPras© you could try fetching the target first, using System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() Can u provide some example b'ze im new to this technology thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPras© view post 316366...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

check your VS.Net and Framework versions
VS.Net 2002 hard wired to Framework 1.0 VS.Net 2003 hard wired to Framework 1.1 VS.NET 2002 will not compile to 1.1, even if you've installed the 1.1 Framework redistributable. If you want to still use VS.NET 2002, do not uninstall Framework 1.0. Extract from Versioning, Compatibility, and Side-by-Side Execution in the .NET Framework "Neither tool provides the ability to target other versions. When a project created with Visual Studio .NET 2002 is opened in Visual Studio .NET 2003, the tool will offer to upgrade the project automatically to the .NET Framework version 1.1. If...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Web resources about - VS.Net Check In/Check Out Function - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
Bad habits early in life may affect brain power later, researchers suggest.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

Why Global Corporations Need To Redesign Their Strategic Planning Function
Corporate strategy teams play an important role in guiding business leaders to make smarter, better and more informed decisions, especially in ...

Sponsored post: Garmin’s fenix 3 Pairs Form and Function with GPS Watch
... timepiece to polish off a professional look, or strap on a rugged stopwatch for our workouts. But when it comes to everyday use, the functional ...

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...