Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

OK, this has probably been asked before...

I'm a student looking to cut my costs, and I can do this by just purchasing Visual Basic.NET as opposed to the fully-fledged Visual Studio.NET application.
Of course, I'll only be able to program in VB, but that's fine with me. I wanted to know if all of the ASP.NET specific options are available, such as using a WYSIWYG editor?
I'd also like to know if VB.NET has IntelliSense, or that's a specific option only available to Visual Studio.NET users.
Thanks in advance.
0
young_gun

I'd have to believe that VB.Net has intellisense.  What is the price difference for the student discount between just VB.Net and VS.Net?  I thought you could get VS.Net for real cheap.
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes

Web resources about - Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Visual Basic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access ...

Microsoft’s Android emulator coming soon to Mac as it open-sources Visual Studio Code
During Microsoft’s Connect 2015 event today live from New York, the company announced it is open-sourcing its Visual Studio Code program for ...

The Secret to Collaboration: Visual Technology Plus In-Person Interactions
Collaborating with colleagues in one office can be a challenge in and of itself. Add in co-workers spread across other cities, states and countries, ...

Visual Studio now supports debugging Linux apps; Code editor now open source
The Visual Studio Code editor, now open source, editing TypeScript on OS X. (credit: Microsoft) NEW YORK—Developers can now debug apps running ...

How to Stop Visual Hacking. Yes, That’s a Thing!
... you or your company from the high-tech hackers of the world, but it means nothing if someone can simply steal information with a glance. Visual ...

How to use Maps To Make Your Blog More Visual
... a topic or piece of content that has to do with places and locations. Nowadays (and often in the olden days), readers gravitate towards visual ...

Visual Effects On ‘The Martian,’ ‘Ant-Man’ And ‘The Walk’ Stand Out In Blockbuster Year For VFX
It's been a transformative year for the art of visual effects , demonstrated not only by the increasingly ordinary and realistic depiction of ...

The Good Dinosaur's Visual Grandeur Makes Up For Its Lack Of Wit
One of the constant accolades Pixar receives about its movies is that they’re not made just for kids. This is meant as a compliment: While they’re ...

A couple of age-gated visual novels are on sale on Steam
... ass god damn Clannad eyes got me thinking; I'm not sure about what, but I'll get back to you if I figure it out. Anyways, a couple more visual ...

Microsoft Integrates IncrediBuild Into Visual Studio 2015 Update 1
The integration of IncrediBuild into Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 provides enhanced acceleration and build visualization to users of the IDE. ...