Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit

I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from'

This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file
Public Class Charts
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works)
Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal
Public MustInherit Class Announcements
Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl
Any ideas on what the correct inherits statement should be for the new module?
Should i change 'Inherits System.Web.UI.Page' to 'Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl' and/or do something else also?
Thanks,

Paul
vsnet

OK I figured it out

Simply change
Public Class Charts
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Public Class Charts
Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl
the ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl evidently inherits from the System.Web.UI.Page,so everything works from there on out.
Yippeeee!!
vsnet

Trouble Creating New Module For Portal with VS.NET 2003
I'm uncertain as to how to create a new module in the portal starter kit with Visual Studio.NET and i received this error when trying to add the module to a new tab via the administration tab controls. If this question should be addressed elsewhere, please let me know. Thanks. Paul Server Error in '/Portal' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Specified cast is not valid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more informati...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tells people to recompile his controls with vs.net 2002. I'm hoping there is a better answer because I'd hate to maintain separate builds of my control. Can someone else shed some light on this topic? ...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

Hi All, I am using Visual Studio .NET compiler for compiling my application . We have plugins (as library) which the user can write by their own in .NET . We are building our code in Visual Studio 2005 but we have already some plug-ins which are written in previous versions of Visual Studio (i.e. 2002 and 2003). Is these plug-ins will work with the new build of the application or I need to build these plug-ins as well in Visual Studio .NET 2005. These plugins are created as library. Is their any differences between .NET 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 because of which the old libraries (created in old .NET version, i.e 1.0 and 2.0) will not work with the application created in new verion(3.0 or 3.5)  Any help will be highly appreciated.  Thanks.darshi No prob it will work. Framework 3 will have all the namespaces of the version 1 and 2....

Creating new module error in VS.NET 2003
I downloaded DNN 3.1.1, unzipped it into c:\DotNetNuke, created an IIS application from that directory and DNN works fine.  However, if I want to build a new module and open the DotNetNuke.DesktopModules.sln and I get a bunch of messages like "DotNetNuke.Announcements.vbproj" the system cannot find the specified path.  If I search it is not in the directory.  I get a bunch of these.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Or is there a different way to create modules in 3.1.1?ThanksC see: http://www.dotnetnuke.dk/Default.aspx?PageContentMode=1&tabid=209SilverlightDesktop.n...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Switch back from using VS.Net 2005 to VS.Net 2003
Hi All, Last Month I installed VS.Net 2005 using Framework 2.0 beta 1. Everything worked great using VS.Net 2005. Today, I decided to switch back to VS.Net 2003. I need to do some other projects that has been developed using Framework 1.1. When I open my ASP.Net project using VS.Net 2003, I got this error "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web Project located at the following URL:....... 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without uninstall VS.Net2005 and reinstall VS.Net2003? Great...

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Creating new Tables/View in a SQL Database using VS.NET 2k3
Using server explorer in VS.NET, I can not create new tables or even views for a SQL database for exemple the Northwind DB. When I right click the Tables node I don't have anything labled Create new table, even for views.  Can someone point me how can switch to the design view in VS.NET?  In a Step by Step manner, please.  Thanks.I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! any help please?I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code!...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

How to use InterBase with VS.NET (vb.net)??
Hi all; Q1:How can I use "InterBase" as a RDMS with Visual Studio.NET (VB.NET) for developing a small application?? Q2:What should I use for a Data Provider? Q3:How ConnectionString will be build?? Thanks in advanced!Regards,CS4Ever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped. This will help me, you and others....

Commerce Starter Kit (VB VS) cannot open .SLN in VS.NET 2003
Hello. When it attempt to open the Commerce Starter Kit (VB VS) CommerceStarterKit .SLN in VS.NET 2003 on Win XP Pro SP2, IIS5.1 .NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0, I get the following errors which only have an OK button.  The help says to install the correct version of VB. It display the following screen for each of the error messages at the end of this post. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony---------------------------Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition---------------------------The application for projec...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

VB.NET new item behavior in VS.NET
When I create a new class in VS.NET, it gives me a template like this: public class xxx end class How can I make it the same behavior as I got in C#? I mean: namespace defaultnamespace.folderpath public class xxx end class end namespace I can change the template in VS.NET, but can not figure out a way to specify a default namespace, and can not find a way to include the folder path in namespace. Thanks, CalvinLive by a Better Codehttp://www.raincoder.comEqual parts art and scienceEmail: cguo@raincoder.com...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

I have .net framework1.1 and 2.0 on our server running win2K. i have existing applications that uses asp.net 1.1, i also have a new app that use ASP.net 2.0.  how can i set my new .NET 2.0 app to point to asp.net 2.0 without messing up my existing .NET 1.1 apps? To specify the ASP .Net version fro a web application, do the followingIn IIS Manager select the web application -> Properties -> ASP.Net TabSelect  ASP.Net version you want to use for the applicationRegards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. But I am running Win2K which has IIS 5.0.  I do not see any default websites/virtual directories/ or any type of ASP.NET tab.  I just dont' know how to get my program to run using .NET framework 2.0. On win2k it is a mess sometimes to get this working, well first install .net framework 2.0 on the server, then see if iis mappings are correct. publish the website and then right click properties->select 2.0. from the dropdown.  Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations...

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

Web resources about - Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Starter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LinguPinguin Starter - Deutsch Chinesisch / 汉语 德语 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod ...
Get LinguPinguin Starter - Deutsch Chinesisch / 汉语 德语 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Fire-Starters - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cobra JumPack™ Jump Starter / Power Pack - YouTube
What if you could jump start your car and charge your mobile devices off the same battery pack that easily fits in your backpack or purse? The ...

Teachers being asked to toilet train school starters
PARENTS are holding Canberra schools responsibile for toilet training their children in some cases, adding an unexpected extra burden on educators, ...

NFL QUARTERBACK POWER RANKINGS: Where All 32 Starters Stand Going Into Week 10
... Manning and Tom Brady — are on top of the league. Using three different advanced stats, we came up with a formula to rank all 32 NFL starters ...

Canberra Cavalry starter Steven Kent fresh for ABL prelim against Adelaide Bite
Canberra Cavalry's Steven Kent almost never had the season that's taken him back to the Atlanta Braves.

Windows 8 is an enterprise 'non-starter' because IT sees no value in changes
Windows 8 faces a number of hurdles in the enterprise, but the biggest reason it won't replace the current corporate champion, Windows 7, is ...

Royal Tour: David Kang fired a starter’s pistol Prince Charles in 1994, now he’s a barrister - DailyTelegraph ...
PRINCE Charles will touch down in Sydney today, where the man who rushed a stage firing a starter’s pistol during his 1994 royal tour is now ...

The perfect party starters
... for the infectious energy and enthusiasm not to rub off on the crowd — and that’s why we think Close Counters will be the perfect party-starters ...