Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net

I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread:

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541
or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57
Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything.
When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message:
can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing
Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added ASPNET account for RWX. Not sure whatelse should I have.
This is really annoying, please help!
Thanks!
0
snie

You may need to install the scripting host again... I got a very weird error some time ago when I messed with ($%$#%) office.
Christian Calderon
Need to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!
Classic ASP Framework
0
ccalderon
12/18/2003 4:24:16 PM
Thanks Christian, but how do I do that (could you explain it in detail)? I haven't intalled scripting host before.

So far I have reintalled IIS and Visual Studio .net. Still get the same error!
Anyone who has the same experience please help!
0
snie
12/18/2003 5:53:37 PM
I can't remember the article!!! :-(.  I had the same problem some time ago and I tried reinstalling office, resintalling .net, Everything, and it didn't work... actually, what mI did was unstall office 2000 and installed office xp...

anyway, what I did , if I remember well, was install the microsoft windows scripting.
I'm not 100% if this is what is happening to you, so be careful:
The link to download is:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
download the appropriate version. What happened to me was that .NET couldn't do quite a few things that it apparently relied on executing scripts...
Christian Calderon
Need to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!
Classic ASP Framework
0
ccalderon

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

This one driving me nuts
Environment : Windows Server 2003, Visual Studio.Net 2002, .Net Framework 1.1.4322, Logged in as Administrator and running VS.Net from the same id Iam able to create a web application from VS.Net using Frontpage server extension but if I try to do it using File Share, I get the foll. error : Unable to create web project 'WebApplication1'. The file path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404: Not Found' Now, these are the things I tried before giving u...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

I can't create web application with visual studio .net
Hi When I create a new web application with visual studio .net on my computer (XP with IIS 5.1), only to get a " Visual Studio .net has detected that the web server running is not ASP.net 1.1 . You can't run a web application" . But I have installed .NET FrameWork 1.1 . What's wrong? You need to start the IIS (Web services). If you are using XP home edition, then check for this url: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020118.htmOm Prakash Hi, You have to register your asp.net with the IIS. go to the VS.Net Command Prompt and type aspnet_regiis -i this ...

URGENT: Unable to create Web Page from Visual Studio. Web Site is up and existing project open OK
I have searched in all the forums. I don't know what is wrong as Visual Studio used to work properly. It only started to fail after: 1. Deleted 1.0 2. Installed the latest 2003 version of the studio with 1.1. 3. Existing projects converted correctly and open and run correctly 4. New Web Projects (C# or VB.net or J#) get the "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error" I then installed Web Matrix as a fall-back. It is able to create the projects with its own server and with IIS. So I think that there is a problem with Visual Studio in how it communicates to the server. Th...

Help on How to Create Tabs in Web Applications using Visual Studio .net 2003 Programming langauge Csharp
 How can I create tabs in Web application using Visual Studio.net 2003 . I am using Csharp  as programming language.  I am using Microsoft  Framework 1.1Your help will be highly appreciated.Regards  Hi,you can use this starter kit: http://www.asp.net/downloads/archived/starter-kits/issue-tracker/ to grab what you need. I used it myself about 4/5 years ago for a small application.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Use jquery [www.jquery.com]. They have very cool support for tabs....

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Open External application in .net 2.0 web application
  Hi,     I am trying to open external application from .net 2.0 web application I kept following code in button click event to open notepad application System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("c:\windows\notepad.exe", "") on running Page just refreshes and create a new instance for notepad application(notepad.exe). That I am able to see through task manager.  but notepad application is not opened Please note that the same line of code is works fine when I used in .net framework 1.1 and open me application correctly. Do I need to need to do anything with .net fram...

Web resources about - Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Businesses Struggling with Application Performance Issues
Many IT teams still don't have a monitoring solution in place or don't have a solution equipped to detect certain types of performance issues. ...