The connection with the server was reset

Hi. I am trying to edit a website I am creating using ASP.net in Visual Studio.

But for some unknown reason when i try to open the project I now get the following error message:
"The webserver reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/site'. 'The connection with the server was reset'."
This error ever use to occur and I can't think of anything I have changed resently which would have started it.
I cannot open any of my other projects either.
Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Andy
0
mootown_junk

How to reset connection to SQL Server and clean all process on SQL server?
When I connect to SQL Server to call a SP in a web page, then I can see there is a process in SQL Server. Even the calling is done, the process still be there for a few minutes. But if recompile the code in VS2005, all processes on SQL server  caused by the code will be gone immediately.  How can I do this in .NET code to kill the whole process caused by codes executed before? After finishing with the connection have you tried?: YourConn.CloseDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper ...

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading while uploading image to the server.
Hi, I have a form where the user can upload some images to the server. My problem is that when I try to upload an image the server goes down and I get this error message from the server: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.Even if i try to debug my code it goes down and I can not debug it. Does any body have a seggestion? Thanks a lot   file uploads are streamed into memory, so uploading a large file could consume enough memory to cause your app to recycle. by default, uploads over 4MB in size are prevented, but your can override this in w...

Connection reset by server
When trying to save an attachment of more that 2.5 MB from webaccess, it starts downloading and after about 3-4 minutes it gets disconnected with an error that the Connection was reset by server. My dialUp does not get disconnected at all. You can download the same attachment using ftp without problems and it can take 15 min. with ftp. What type of time out might be there in webacess a part from the default 20 min. when idle ? Gw6.5 sp4 , webacc 6.5sp4. Help. Grpadm, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, ...

server connection resets
Name: Sam M. Product: Firefox Summary: server connection resets Comments: On many pages, including the Firefox Start page, an error message will come up saying 'Page Load Error: The Connection to the Server was Reset While the Page Was Loading'. This happens on many different pages with no real common factor. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

Connection with the server was reset
We are running a patch management server (6.3.2.700) at our central site. All the remote sites have a server which is configured as a distribution point. All clients on that site will have a policy which points their client (6.3.2.858) to the local distribution point. On one of the sites, the majority of patches are failing to deploy with the error being "Failed 0x0000190D". When this is expanded, the error is: ConnectionHTTP::read exception The connection with the server was reset 12031 [SoftPackage.cpp:1422] 2008/03/25 17:15:01.0059,0,ConnectionHTTP::read excepti...

Connection to server reset`
I'm certain that this has been asked before but I can't find the answer, sorry guys! I've just installed Thunderbird and it's failing to collect mail. I am a Virgin Media customer (previously Blueyonder) and it's collected the first 10 emails and then completelty refuses to download the othe 50 or so. TB version 2.0.0.9 (20071031) Ginny wrote: > I'm certain that this has been asked before but I can't find the answer, > sorry guys! > > I've just installed Thunderbird and it's failing to collect mail. I am a > Virgin Media ...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection
Hi, I am using Visual Studio .net 2003 I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000 In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine. Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine. Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine. When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Connection reset by server #2
I am getting the "conneciton reset by server" error. The agent appears to to be running, and Tomcat too; I just keep getting "unable to connect." PKIDiag reports no problems. I've run DNSRepair. How to I approach this to isolate the problem? Steve, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index....

Connecting SQL server to the net?
Hi all.  Im using Visual Web developer 2005 and have successfully connected my SQL Server to Visual Web developer website.  When i run it locally, its fine.  But, i now would like the site to be placed on the net - but im not sure how to connect it properly in the webhost.  Can someone tell me how this is done please, or a link?  cheers. You can add a connection string on web.config file <connectionStrings> <add name="connectioname" connectionString="server=database server;uid=username; pwd=pasword; database=databasename;"/> &l...

connect .net with linux server
hi everybody          i'm creating a .net web application program in xp, in that i'm connecting sqlserver for some process,now i have to connect my application with LINUX system server,can i connect .net with Linux server?, if yes what are the things i should do for that? is there any difficulty in this?RegardsRajakec What do you mean by connect .net with linux server. You want to run .net on linux server or you want web applications to run on linux server? Please explain..Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of...

Web resources about - The connection with the server was reset - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...