Really need help with disabled web forms in visual studio.net 2003

Hi,

I've posted in the ASP.NET forum as someone suggested, but I got no response and am still unable to use the software.

In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I AM in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page because all the controls are disabled (the toolbar is visible, just everything within it is disabled).

I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled.

Can someone please help? I'm desperate here.

Thanks,

JC

0
jcotton

You're not alone in your plight.

I'm running into the same problem.  We can't be the only two people out there that have this problem.  Can we????

0
terrancefisher
2/3/2006 3:18:06 PM
It took a while, but I finally figured it out on my own. I had the .NET framework and VS.NET running on two computers, one where all was well and the other where all the controls where disabled.

When I went into the .net configuration control panel (under administrative tools) on both machines, and looked at the "assembly cache" list and compared what had been installed, I realized that a whole bunch of things were missing on the one machine, namely most of the "System.<xxx>" items that had to do with design or forms (many of the highlited items were missing):

When reinstalling everything did not help, I simply manually dragged all the missing corresponding DLL's and XML's from the working machine to the .NET subdirectory (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322) on the malfunctioning machine.

This solved the problem.

JC

0
jcotton

Need help with crystal reports for .NET 2003 Visual Studio
Hi,  My situation is this: I have a .NET 1.1.4 website on a windows 2003 server working fine and running crystal reports for .NET 1.1.4I have migrated this website over to a new server Windows 2003, which has .NET Framework 1.1.4 installed, etc. Don't have access to Visual Studio 2003. After many hours of trying experiments, reading forums, etc and following suggestions: I have the site up and running but when I try to run a report get the following error: F: Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\temp_56ec7ae5-4d64-4fd6-9172-1ac155e3e75b.rpt: Failed to load database information.I instal...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

[Help] Upgrade From Visual Studion.net 2003 to Visual Studion.Net 2005
currently i am using visual studion.net 2003 and MS SQL 2000. But now i wanna install Visual Studion.Net 2005, is it i need to uninstall the previous version Visual Studion.net 2003 before i install the Visual Studion 2005 ? Can i keep the VS 2003 ?? Pls give me some guide.. thanks Yes you can keep VS 2005 and run it side by side with VS 2005.Mikael Söderström Hi dear , you can keep both the versions but Visual Studion .NET 2005 has the highest priority as compared to 2003 version. When ever you open any project by double clicking on project file it will be opened in Visual Studio 2005. ...

Help on How to Create Tabs in Web Applications using Visual Studio .net 2003 Programming langauge Csharp
 How can I create tabs in Web application using Visual Studio.net 2003 . I am using Csharp  as programming language.  I am using Microsoft  Framework 1.1Your help will be highly appreciated.Regards  Hi,you can use this starter kit: http://www.asp.net/downloads/archived/starter-kits/issue-tracker/ to grab what you need. I used it myself about 4/5 years ago for a small application.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Use jquery [www.jquery.com]. They have very cool support for tabs....

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

Web resources about - Really need help with disabled web forms in visual studio.net 2003 - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Disabled sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Disabled sports also adaptive sports or parasports , are sports played by persons with a disability , including physical and intellectual disabilities ...

Facebook Disabled Website At HQ, Prompting Employees To Use Mobile
Facebook has been big on dogfooding its employees , and it appears the latest round came when the company shut off its website internally, forcing ...

Viral Channels: Email to be Disabled by Default with Profile Redesign
In a recent note to developers, Facebook announced that because app emails have been so spammy, user emails will be turned off by default when ...

American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. A well-deserved addition to DC's Memorials.

How Jailbreaking can improve the lives of the disabled - YouTube
In this video, RMalayeri interviews the developer behind famed Jailbreak app WiFiSMS. The interview showcases how @treasosn's app has served ...

Rheumatoid arthritis: ‘It can be extremely destructive. If left untreated people can be completely disabled’ ...
Early treatment of the condition is crucial as if left undiagnosed, rheumatoid arthritis can lead to disability and deformity, doctors say.

Disabled cop Ryan Marron reaches out to help fellow officers
Ryan Marron, the WA police officer left disabled by a mosquito bite, has launched a campaign to help all his fellow officers injured in the line ...

Acts of kindness aren't enough: disabled people need acts of leadership
Let's make 2015 a year when advocacy is met with tangible changes in planning and access for people with disabilities, so we can all ride together. ...

Thief steals expensive camera equipment from disabled pensioner
The quiet solitude of a morning photographing bird life had become a therapeutic balm for a Canberra disability pensioner. But a thief shattered ...

Cafeteria manager accused of enslaving mentally disabled worker
Lawsuit says Bobby Edwards hit worker with objects including a frying pan, belts and tongs dipped in hot frying grease