Porting VB.Net application to .Net Framework 1.1 - Errors

Hello,

I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 ,which,I am trying to port on to .Net framework 1.1.

For achieving this,I follow the following steps-

1.Open the project using the .vbproj file.
2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....."
3.I click "Yes"
4.I assume that the project is now converted.
5.I build the project & try to run it.
6.I get the following error -

Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %>

Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.

Can anyone please help me?
0
himali

You might be using VB, and you might think that VB is case insensitive, and in that you'd be right. But the FCL is case sensitive, so when FCL calls are being made you'd better make sure that the cases of namespaces and types are consistent.

CONsERT doesn't look a likely choice for a namespace.

When I ported a 1.0 app to 1.1, it threw up a number of problems with namespaces and case in VB.
Regards

Dave
0
DMW

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

.net framework 1.1 and vs.net 2002
Hi, Is it possible to use the .NET Framework SDK 1.1 with VS.NET 2002? Thanks As of my knowledge not possible! But see if any one has any other tricks to use!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

.NET 1.1, RadioButtonLists, and assigning eventhandlers in VB.NET
I actually have to write this in VB.NET using the old 1.1 framework.  What I am doing is creating my radiobuttonlists in the codebehind while adding them to a panel's control collection at runtime.  I need to assign a method, ie. SelectionChanged(object as sender, e as eventargs), at runtime in the codebehind but am having a hell of a time doing it.  In C# I would just assign rbl.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(SelectionChanged) and be done with it but it doesn't seem that simple in VB.NET.  I haven't done VB is quite a while so any help would be MUCH...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

Web resources about - Porting VB.Net application to .Net Framework 1.1 - Errors - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...