pls, why do people use InstallShild for .Net applications deployement since VS2003 already includes setup & deployement projects

pls, why do people use InstallShild for .Net applications deployement since VS2003 already includes setup & deployement projects

thanks for satisfying my curiousity:)

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me.
0
tutus

Hello,

Because the VS2003 deployment projects don't have as many functionalities as InstallShield.

A simple example - from VS2003 deployment project you can't start the application automatically (or if user selects) after install.

Regards

Florin Antoci
0
Phlorryn