Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?

hi everyone,

Can this be done?
i'm havin problems opening my applications.
the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002..
can anyone provide me with a solution?
thanks very much..
0
KanKan17

It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong.  There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE  You must register, but it is a free download.  Hope this helps.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
9/27/2003 3:37:55 PM
thanks very much..
0
KanKan17

How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002
My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

Convert a VS.NET 2003 solution to VS.NET 2002?
Hi, I am working on my personal site now, but I only have an evaultion version of VS.NET 2003, so I want to convert it to an VS.NET 2002 solution. Is it possible to do that?Mikael Söderström Found it :) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030425.aspMikael Söderström...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Can i unstall vs.net 2002 after upgrading to vs.net 2003
Can I unsatll visual studio .net 2002 after using the upgrade to visual studio .net 2003. Thers seems to be two version in my programs list. I would like to free up the hard disk space from the previous install. In brief does the upgrade install which appears to be independent of the 2002 install rely on the 2002 install. In my programs I can run 2002 or 2003. However my machine is an older notebook that has limeted hard disk space. thanks in advance Charles Beasley Please replace "unstall" and "unsatll" with the word "uninstall" and in general excu...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Upgrade IBS from VS.NET to VS.NET 2003
Anyone encountered any problems while performing this upgrade? Like "ASPNetPortal.PortalModuleControl could not be loaded." If so, what is the casue, how did you fix it ? Thanks I know it is of no help but ... It went painlessly for me Sorry DavidMVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I not have any problem. check the project references or try a clean install hmmm - thanks for the replies. I'm trying to help out the user who posted this message I'm struggling to find a reason why he's having suc...

Web resources about - Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings (or ECO ) is a classification system for the opening moves in a game of chess . It is presented as a five-volume ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Major League Baseball Facebook Standings At Opening Of 2013 Season
The New York Yankees may be injury-plagued and off to a sluggish start to the 2013 Major League Baseball season, but when it comes to Facebook ...

Apple now opening four new Apple Stores in China this month alone, as it announces #31 and #32
... in China by October as it has announced that two more stores will open this month. That will bring the total in China to 32, four of them opening ...

'Star Wars' Sales Top $50 Million in China Opening Weekend
Walt Disney said "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" generated $53 million at the box office during its opening weekend in China, adding to the success ...

Fox reveals the opening scene of the new ‘X-Files’ series
We’ve already seen footage from the new X-Files TV series that is due to premiere on January 24th, but we can now watch the show's first scene ...

Rostam releases solo song; PWR BTTM opening for Ra Ra Riot
by Tatiana Tenreyro photo: Vampire Weekend at Governors Ball 2014 (more by Amanda Hatfield Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend has released ...

BLS: Jobs Openings increased in November
From the BLS: Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary The number of job openings was little changed at 5.4 million on the last business day ...

Ricky Gervais Opening At Golden Globes – “I’m Getting Exactly The Same As Tina And Amy”
Hosting the Golden Globes for the fourth time, the first since 2012, Ricky Gervais had a small sackful of barbs, several aimed at Jennifer Lawrence ...

Nitehawk-Like Movie Theater With Restaurant Opening in Bushwick Today
... oyster dish during the film. A movie theater and restaurant — with wait service during the film in the same vein as Nitehawk Cinema — is opening ...