Installing VS2003 after VS2005 was installed ?!?!

I have been trying to get up to spead on VS2005 on my notebook, so with a clean install of Windows XP all patched up, I installed VS2005, the WAP "Add on" and converted a couple of Projects. All Success and learning curve aside, I have now found the need to have VS2003 runing on the notebook as well, I hestitently took the leap and installed VS2003. It installed fine and when I created a new Project and built, it all looked good, but then I relized that it looks as if the build settings from VS2005 are taking over ?!?!

I expected to see my folder and build show up in my Inetpub directory, but instead it ended up in my "C:/Publish" directory, which is where I toook VS2005 to build to.

So I cleared out the directory, the Pointers and the "WS cache" files and decided I would just take the 2003 folder structure and place it like I think 2003 should and VS2003 doesn't see it.

It's like 2003 has taken all of 2005's settings?!?!

Can anyone help me on this, before I start the painful task of uninstalling 2003 and 2005 and hoping that then reinstalling 2003 THEN 2005 works.

TIA

Brent Thomas

Ohio

0
bthomas71chevy

Really?! - No one has had to work on a 1.x application after having only VS2005 installed??

 -Brent Thomas

Ohio

0
bthomas71chevy

I've installed VS.NET 2003 after VS 2005, everything works ok. I'm wondering where is your problem. VS.NET 2003 and VS 2005 can run side-by-side.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao
1/18/2007 12:15:44 PM
I installed VS 2003 first and then VS 2005, since VS 2005 is backward compatable, it should not completely take over the settings of VS 2003 but some features may become common in both the versions. But you should still be able to run both of them seperately without uninstalling or reinstalling anything.
Sarah Cameron Benjamin
0
SarahBenjamin
1/23/2007 6:52:23 PM

Sorry for the long delay in posts Conversion Projects and Vacation has kept me "busy". :)

I have since wiped VS2003 from the Notebook and Reinstalled VS2005 so I can't give exact details, but from what I can remember my builds in VS2003 where ending up in my C:/Publish folder (where my VS2005 Publishing was setup for) and I can't remember exactly, but from what I can remember some other items where ending up in VS2005 spots from VS2003.

Not exactly related, but have recently installed VS2005 w/Team Systems on my VS2003 and so far no conflicts yet, but IE7 is now a little "flippy". :)

Thanks !!

-Brent Thomas

Ohio

0
bthomas71chevy

Have VS2005, ? installing VS2003
I've installed VS2005 (and converted an app using asp.net 1.x).  Now about to try installing VS2003, since for the limited changes I'm making to the asp.net 1.x app , it may be easier on me to just add them using VS2003, rather than converting it.  Anyway, VS2003 setup is flagging me to put in the prerequisites disk, saying some of my system components don't match versions required for VS2003 .NET.  I'm worried doing this will wipe out something VS2005 needs.  I would think having VS2005 installed would provide everything required by VS2003. ...

How to Instal VS2005 with VS2003
How can I install VS2005 on a PC that has VS2003 already installed.  I need to have both working.  I need to be able to create new we applications for both VS2005 and VS2003.Installation Steps?Cautions?ThanksJay This scenario is fully supported.  You're able to install VS2003 and VS2005 on the same machine in any order.Thanks, Leonid This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. I have found that it was easier to install VS 2003 products then the VS 2005 products, this makes sure that the file associations are correct. When I ...

Installing VS2005 & VS2003 on the same machine?
Hi All, I've been using VS2003 for a while now, but I would also like to install VS2005 on the same machine so that I can use the Framework 2.0 features. Is there any problem or issue arise? Anyone has try it? Thanks This is a very frequently asked question in this forum.  Yes indeed, you can install VS2005 on the same machine with no ill effects.  The VS2003 sites can use ASP.NET 1.1 and the VS2005 sites can use 2.0.Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question The next question that you may have is can I run both ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0 on the same serve...

Can VS2005 and VS2003 installed on the same machine?
If not, How to convert VS2003 projects to VS2005 projects? Is it safe to use the Migration Wizard Tool? How much risk and effort for me to do this? Is there any one can help me out? Thanks!!! Yes, both VS 2003 and VS 2005 can be installed on the same machine.  It was a configuration tested throroughly before we shipped.  The Migration Tool is safe.  It prompts you to backup the web site before it migrates.  If you back up your web site before you migrate you can always revert to the original. For migration help see the migration forum http://forums.asp.n...

Install with VS2003
Could anybody point me in the direction of some Microsoft/MSDN web page that states that VS2005 can run side-by-side with VS2003 cheers Side by side compatibility was tested.  Here is an MSDN page that states so:http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/faq/default.aspxhttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms246609.aspxTim McBrideThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

installation of vs2003 and vs2005 side by side
how would i installed without any problem both of these side by side. does the application made on vs2003 can run without any problem in vs.net 2005. i am running vs2003 without any problem for the past some times now so i am little skeptical in moving to it , but the new features are really tempting .     I run both Studio 2003 and Studio 2005 on my machine and have no problems.  I didn't do anything special, just installed them both.  I use the built in webserver for 2005 development, just to keep .NET 2.0 out of IIS.The only "problem" with having both, is...

To install or not to install?

Installation order of VS2005-VS2003 on a new pc?
Installed Windows.. All Updates.. IIS.. then .Net Frameworks 1.1/2.0... and am ready to install my VS's... wanting to be able to run 2003 and 2005 side by side.  Should I install 2003, apply updates.. then 2005?  or visa-versa?  Thanks! I've installed both in either order without any issues, so it really doesn't matter which order you install it in.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

SQLServer2005 does not install after installation of VS2005
Hi, i have Visual Studio 2005 installed on my computer and i´m trying to install SQL Server 2005, but the following error occurs:  SQL Server Setup could not run. Another instance of SQL Server Setup is already running. The running instance must complete before you can run SQL Server Setup again. What does VS2005 install in order for this conflict to happen? Thanks, SP VS installs SQL 2005 Express.  Finish the installation and reboot. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will...

Anyway to re-install .net framework on a botched install that wont un-install?
  Newbie User (me) 64bit machine Win Server 2008 Beta 3 Data Center  64bit SharePoint Services 3.0 SharePoint Server Project Server SQL Express SQL Server   Ok so All I wanted to do was get a test bed up for Project Server ..   I installed SharePoint Services and Project Server.. it worked ..  the tech update feature had a minor error at the end so as a newbie I just figured I would install Share Point Server to fix it ..  etc   .. then it seemed like I had some missing features in Project Server so I installed the AS DC (Domain controler) ...

Any issues installing VS2005 Beta 2 along side VS2003?
Thanks!!ThanksKelley Bryant You can run VS03 and VS05b2 side-by-side. Just make sure you install VS03 first. Note you cannot run different versions of VS05 side-by-side. Be sure to follow the clean-up instructions for VS05 when installing a new version.Thanks,-Mike- Thank you!I know that VS.NET2005 requires XP SP2, but if you install just the .NET 2.0 Framework on a XP machine (for non developers) does it require them to have XPSP2?Thanks!!!ThanksKelley Bryant Thanks...Not sure if my other post came through so here it is again:I know in order to install VS2005, you need to have SP2 for...

VS2005 install beside VS2003 must ask question to ease my mind
Current set up is VS2003, .net 1.1 Need to install VS2005 and .net 2.0 in order to get my feet wet but as many other posts stated here say, "I need to keep vs2003 and 1.1 for other stuff" My question is: Do I install VS2005 the usual way or are there an y gotchas?       They were designed to run side-by-side, and i don't know of any tricks needed to be done.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Thanks!  I will give it a whirl today. The install and operation of vs 2005 with WAP does not affect vs 2003. Using vs 2005...

Installing VS2003 and VS2005 / Sql server 2000 and SQL server 2005 on the same machine
Hey guys, I want to install on the same machine VS2003 and SQL 2000 to study for MCAD and VS2005/SQL server 2005 for ASP.NET 2.0 development.   I used to install two images of WinXP one for .NET1.1 dev and the other for .NET 2.0 but everytime you need to switch from .NET1.1 development to .NET2.0 I need to reboot and launch the other winxp image. any help would be appreciated.  I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! Where are you having a problem with this? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

Web resources about - Installing VS2003 after VS2005 was installed ?!?! - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper