IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)

In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?

Thank you.
0
TomCon

VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container element, such as <div style="width:2000px; height:2000px"></div>. Don't forget to remove this element before deploying the page since otherwise scrollbars will be visible all the time in the browser.

Mikhail
8/8/2005 4:17:53 PM

Does anybody have a further suggestion?

Thank you.
0
TomCon
8/9/2005 7:09:59 PM
Are you using flow or grid layout? You might want to add, say, 10 controls, then select all 10, copy and paste. Or you may have to hit ENTER after the last added control in order to create more space. I usually drop new control after the last one, place caret between controls and hit enter.

Mikhail

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

How to add event to Web Form from the vs.net designer
 Hi there, I know that when i double click a web form I'm taking to the page_load event.  However, I want to create an unload event by I don't know how to create it from the vs.net designer.  Does anybody know how to create a page unload event from the vs.net designer? Many thanks  Page events are not exposed in the design view. If you are using VB, you should be able to use dropdowns on top of the code editor -> select Page in the left one and the designed event in the right one and editor will generate the code. Unfortunately, C# editor does not p...

VS.NET 2005 Web Forms Designer Changes
Word on the street is the web forms designer architecture has vastly improved in VS.NET 2005. That's great for me, since I write plenty control designers and add-ins and 2003 has bothered me in more ways that I care to discuss. But I can't find a good place to get the info on the designer changes in 2005. Could someone link me to some resources? Thanks There are a few resources: Check out the quickstarts for beta1. i think we added some very basic details there, but there are also some comments in 477688 686110 for some general details.SimonThis posting is provided "...

Strange VS.NET Web Form Designer Error
Suddenly I get an error while loading a web form into VS.NET 2002: The file failed to load in the Web Form Designer. Please correct the following error, then load it again: Type Abstract. Then the "aspx.vb" page opens and the aspx page in HTML mode. The page derives from another page containing some common procedures. This base page has no controls and can be opened in the Designer. But I used this technique before and had no problemsuntil now. What means "Type Abstract" in this context ? Why are there no web Form Designer Error explainations in the Help ? ...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Can i unstall vs.net 2002 after upgrading to vs.net 2003
Can I unsatll visual studio .net 2002 after using the upgrade to visual studio .net 2003. Thers seems to be two version in my programs list. I would like to free up the hard disk space from the previous install. In brief does the upgrade install which appears to be independent of the 2002 install rely on the 2002 install. In my programs I can run 2002 or 2003. However my machine is an older notebook that has limeted hard disk space. thanks in advance Charles Beasley Please replace "unstall" and "unsatll" with the word "uninstall" and in general excu...

Web form designer in VS 2003 .Net does not know about base class controls
I have a base class derived from System.Web.UI.Page, and derived classes derived from the base class. The base class has protected HTML hidden fields in it, and the derived class's aspx page has these hidden fields specified. So far everything is OK.However if I open the derived class's aspx page in the Web Form designer, it immediately puts an asterisk on the tab, meaning some change needs saving without my having done anything. If I then close the aspx page and agree to save the changes, it adds the HTML hidden fields to my derived class, not only overlaying the base class's hidden fields ...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

In Vs.Net 2005, grid does not come up in designer like in VS.net 2003
Hi, I am using VS.Net 2005. Previously I used VS.Net 2003. In 2003, whenever i add a new file it used to display the page in grids that helps me moving the controls and aligning it. But in 2005, i could not come up with an option that can show the grid with dots in the designer. Am i missing any setting here?   Regards, Jagadeesh   Turn on first checkbox for Absolute Positioning on the options page Tools | Options, HTML Designer, CSS Positioning.  From that point on controls dragged to the page will be absolutely positioned.-DanThis posting is provided "AS I...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

Web resources about - IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode) - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Scroll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Joshua Roll , Vatican Library . An illuminated scroll, probably of the 10th century, created in the Byzantine empire. A scroll is usually ...

Users Of Facebook’s Android App Can Scroll Through Multiple Open Graph Actions In Posts
Users of Facebook’s Android application are seeing a new way to browse content created by Open Graph actions generated by their friends’ app ...

Facebook Testing Home Page Design That Keeps Ads and Bookmarks Visible as You Scroll
Facebook is testing a new home page design that allows the news feed to be scrolled independently of the rest of the page. This allows ads, app ...

scroll kit (@scrollkit) on Twitter
Name.com @ namedotcom Name.com @ namedotcom

App Store - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official World Interactive Map
Get The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official World Interactive Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Detail From A Dead Sea Scroll - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The so-called "Dead Sea Scrolls" are a set of ancient Jewish/Biblical documents discovered on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea between 1946 ...

This is The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – The Elder Scrolls with Friends - YouTube
Watch the second This is The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited video, in which we explore the vast array of adventures you can enjoy with ...

Cracking open Elder Scrolls Online
Fans may now register for the Elder Scrolls Online closed beta, and to mark the occasion DexX was granted an exclusive interview with Creative ...

New X-ray technique reveals snippets of ancient scrolls charred by Mount Vesuvius
... is unfurling. Some things are better left unsaid, or so the saying goes. And it seemed that was the fate of many hundreds of papyrus scrolls ...