How to transform a c# applications into Web Services using Visual Studio.Net

In this link ( http://www.microsoft.com/net/products/tools.mspx ) it says :  " Transform Applications into Web Services :- Visual Studio .NET automatically creates the necessary XML and SOAP interface needed to turn an application into a Web service. Developers can concentrate on building the application, not on the plumbing for the Web service. "

I didn't find any article or tutorial about how to do it.   Somebody please let me know how to use Visual Studio.Net to convert a C# component to webservice.

Thanks,

   pradeep

0
pradeepk

What is means is that if you create a Web Application in VS you just write the methods etc like you would normally, and VS inserts the code to handle the SOAP type requests.  Likewise when you want to consume a web servive VS will create the proxy classes etc for you.  In both cases you write your app like any other app, concerning yourself only with the methods, however due to VS's under-covers work it can be accessed as a web service.

What it won't do is take an existing app and "convert it" to a Web Service.

0
Aidy

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

How to use Ziputility for Smart Device Application in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 (in C# language)
Dear all, We are building a smart device application in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 in .Net Compact Framework where we have to browse a file from directory,select it,zip it & finally send  it to remote server.Now as far as our progress concerned we have done the browing & selecting portion of the solution.But we can't under how to use the zip-utility for smart device application using C# code. Can anyone give us any solution of it or any code or any link regarding to it which will be compatible for .Net Compact Framework as well as for smart device aplications. Plea...

Help on How to Create Tabs in Web Applications using Visual Studio .net 2003 Programming langauge Csharp
 How can I create tabs in Web application using Visual Studio.net 2003 . I am using Csharp  as programming language.  I am using Microsoft  Framework 1.1Your help will be highly appreciated.Regards  Hi,you can use this starter kit: http://www.asp.net/downloads/archived/starter-kits/issue-tracker/ to grab what you need. I used it myself about 4/5 years ago for a small application.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Use jquery [www.jquery.com]. They have very cool support for tabs....

Web resources about - How to transform a c# applications into Web Services using Visual Studio.Net - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 37% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance, Purchase Applications Both Up in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 7.3 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...