How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002

My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx
0
monkeyno

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Convert a VS.NET 2003 solution to VS.NET 2002?
Hi, I am working on my personal site now, but I only have an evaultion version of VS.NET 2003, so I want to convert it to an VS.NET 2002 solution. Is it possible to do that?Mikael Söderström Found it :) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030425.aspMikael Söderström...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Can i unstall vs.net 2002 after upgrading to vs.net 2003
Can I unsatll visual studio .net 2002 after using the upgrade to visual studio .net 2003. Thers seems to be two version in my programs list. I would like to free up the hard disk space from the previous install. In brief does the upgrade install which appears to be independent of the 2002 install rely on the 2002 install. In my programs I can run 2002 or 2003. However my machine is an older notebook that has limeted hard disk space. thanks in advance Charles Beasley Please replace "unstall" and "unsatll" with the word "uninstall" and in general excu...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VS.net 2003 and VS.net Whidbey on same machine
Is it possible to install (and run) Visual Studio Whidbey on a computer where Visual Studio .net 2003 (and .net Framework 1.1) is currently installed? Or smashes it my Visual Studio 2003 installation? Yes, this is possible. I am doing it on two machines at the present time.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets I also do that, and do not have noticed any problems, but I have heard that other developers have some problems with running the CTP with VS.Net 2003. /Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MV...

Web resources about - How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002 - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

Photo Kano Producer Teases New PS Vita Project
Game series' cumulative sales surpasses 200,000 copies , or an entirely new project. The website also announced that the series has sold a cumulative ...

Is Apple working on its own version of Microsoft’s incredible HoloLens project?
... in commercial products, of course. One such innovation concerns augmented reality (AR), with a new patent revealing how a particular projector ...

Arctic Monkeys side project The Last Shadow Puppets post video teasing new music & "Spring 2016"
TLSP at Sound Fix in 2008 (they don't look like this anymore) (more by Bao Nguyen) Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner's other band The Last ...

Microsoft laid off half the people working on one of its most important projects
Microsoft has laid off 30 employees who were working on HoloLens, the augmented reality headset, in Israel with 30 more being relocated within ...

Canadian Solar Subsidiary Recurrent Energy Signs Agreement In 157 MW Texas Solar Project
... Recurrent Energy has signed a partnership agreement with Southern Company’s subsidiary Southern Power over a 157 MW Texas solar project. The ...

Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project
Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project

Sander/Moses Inks Deal With NBCU Int’l TV, Sells Projects To Amazon & ABC
Producers Ian Sander and Moses ( Ghost Whisperer, Reckless, Profiler ) have signed a first-look deal with NBC Universal International TV Production. ...