How do I create a VB Template that will appear in the "New Project"/"Visual Basic Projects" dialog?

In vb6, I have a very simple app that consists of a windows form, a multiline textbox, some SQL connection strings and a simple method to output text to the multiline textbox. I use this template when I create throw-away test projects to see if something works or not.

This was REAL SIMPLE to have it show up in VB6: I just put the project into the ...vb98\Template... directories and it just worked.

How do I do the same thing in VS.Net 2003? I found some similar looking directories, but putting the solution files there did nothing.

Help would be most greatly appreciated.
Big Smile [:D]
Owen
0
ojm37

Well, I almost have it. I found some examples in MSDN, but they were for creating an enterprise template. I attempted to modify the procedure to make it work with a VB.NET project, but it doesn't work. The project shows up in the new dialog, but when I select it I get the following error:

"Invalid procedure call or argument"

Ideas?

Owen
0
ojm37

Difference between "Creating new website" and "Creating new web project"
Hello (Using VS2008) I would like to know the difference between "Creating a New Website" and "Creating a New Web project". Thanks a lot. Hi, the first one creates a web site using the web site project model (default in VS2005) which is based on that you don't have a standalone project file, but project contents are defined by physical directory structure. Basically a web site project has also slightly different compilation model, for example not everything in the project is necessarily built into single assembly, and you don't necessarily ha...

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

[Delphi XE2] "Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box [Edit]
"Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box when using windows classic theme (windows 7 64bits). Notepad on the contrary still have the "Seacrh ..." box in its open file dialog. Check the images below(they are not mine but show the issue) This one does have the "search document" box in the upper right corner. http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png This one does not have it. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. ...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"Link-", "Libs-" and "Import-" -entries in CB2010-project file
Hi. Could anyone explain to me, what the meaning of the different "link/lib/import"-entries in the project-file is? I'm confused. Using the GUI there is only the "Runtime package"-list - the reason and function for that one, I do understand. But what do the others? And which one *is* the "Runtime package"-list?? <LinkPackageStatics></LinkPackageStatics> <LinkPackageImports></LinkPackageImports> <PackageImports></PackageImports> <AllPackageLibs></AllPackageLibs> Thanks a lot! Best Regards Eike Pete...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Using" or "With"

switch project from "file" to "web"?
I've taken over a project from another for a webservice. He originally set it up as "file" based, so it's showing up as "c:\path\to\site" in the solution manager. This is causing issues and it should be setup as a website with http://virtual/to/site. Is there a way to switch a file based one to a web based one and have it use IIS ?   Nevermind... just readded it manually to the solution, seemed to work Hi: I think you are talking about an ASP.NET 2.0 application? You can simply make a File System application work smoothly with IIS, by creating a new website poiting to the folder ...

Using "+" or "||"

replace the "." with a ","

double quote

Web resources about - How do I create a VB Template that will appear in the "New Project"/"Visual Basic Projects" dialog? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003