Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?

Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?

I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS.
Thanks.
HeiGe
0
Heige

Visual Studio.NET  neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
10/9/2003 10:03:36 AM
Thanks for your answer.

But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home.
Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo and ... experts
(http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=348501)
Adding IIS to XP Home Edition
http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_server/iis_xph/pippo_xp.asp

HeiGe
0
Heige

Can I use my visual studio 6 project in Visual Studio .NET?
Here is my situation 1) Web Windows 2k Server. All code is done in ASP (not .net) 2) 1 Developer is not yet ready to install Visual Studio .NET, nor are we ready upgrade our server to .NET, however I wish to use Visiual Studio .NET. So is it possible to open a Visual Studio 6 project file and use the built in Source Control while running Visual Studio .NET? Thanks, Matt anyone able to help me out here? anyone?...

Can anybody help with Pros and Cons of .net beta 2.0 for using Mobile.Net
Hi,      I am New to Mobile.Net, can anybody help me in deciding which framework should i use for my application .Net 1.1 Or .Net 2.0 Beta.      Also Some guidelines about How to use it will really appreciated.   Thanks in advance Imrant 1.1 has a separate application for mobile controls; you create one website for your regular application and one for mobile applications.  In 2.0 beta, that bridge is crossed where you don't have to create two web sites; it uses adapters to render the controls differently in each brows...

Help on How to Create Tabs in Web Applications using Visual Studio .net 2003 Programming langauge Csharp
 How can I create tabs in Web application using Visual Studio.net 2003 . I am using Csharp  as programming language.  I am using Microsoft  Framework 1.1Your help will be highly appreciated.Regards  Hi,you can use this starter kit: http://www.asp.net/downloads/archived/starter-kits/issue-tracker/ to grab what you need. I used it myself about 4/5 years ago for a small application.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Use jquery [www.jquery.com]. They have very cool support for tabs....

How to read from a from a i5(iSeries) folder using from a Visual Studio.Net web application without showing the log in window that pops up?
Hello all, I have vb.net web application that needs to read a folder contents from a Directory that is on a i5 system.  when aspnet tries to read from that directory i get this IOExeption:   System.IO.IOException was unhandled by user code  Message="The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."  Source="mscorlib"  StackTrace:       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)    &n...

Can the DotNetNuke be used in windows xp home???
I was wondering of the script could be used in Window XP Home edition. That is what I currently have. At the moment I cannot afford the professional version which contains the Internet Information Server. Are there any alternatives?? As far as I know, no, it cannot be run in the Home edition of Windows XP, as you are required to have IIS to run DotNetNuke. You might be able to try and run cassini, but I have never done this, and I am not sure it would work. Best,Tim Patterson Thank you.  If anyone has managed to use the DotNetNuke on Win XP Home, please let me know.(I already t...

Can VS.Net be Installed on Windows XP Home?
I have my (legal) copy of Visual Studio .Net 2005 Standard that I was about to install on a machine running Windows XP Home (with all available updates).  I previously had SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed, but I just uninstalled that in anticipation of installing SQL Server 2005 Standard after the VS.Net install.  However, I cannot get the autorun on my disc to run, and I cannot invoke the "autorun.exe" manually either.  I should mention that this is my "Launch" copy.Does anyone know what I cannot get this done?  The system requirements say that it can be install...

how can you use VB.Net without Visual Studio...
Good evening, I am doing some 'pro bono' work for a religious organization. The application is web based and is using VB.Net in a code behind manner with aspx files. I am using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft IIS server. I have no budget for this application. Consequently, I can not purchase Microsoft Visual Studio. When I put all my classes in a single vb file, everything works fine. However, if I separate the classes into several vb files, I can not link them together. Since I am using an aspx file, I have not used the vb compiler. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Pat ...

Can Net::LDAP use GSSAPI on Windows XP?
Hi all, is it possible to use Net::LDAP with SASL mechanism GSSAPI on a Windows XP machine? I tried the example from the Authen::SASL::Perl::GSSAPI man page. It works perfectly on a Linux machine, but fails on Windows. ---------------------------< schnipp schnapp >-------------------------- #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Net::LDAP 0.33; use Authen::SASL 2.10; my $adhost =3D '<my_dc>'; my $ldap_base =3D '<my_base>'; my $ldap_filter =3D '(&(sAMAccountName=3DHirmkeM))'; my $sasl =3D Authen::SASL->new(mechani...

How well can Ajax and Javascript be used inside.Net application using C#?
In my experimentation with Ajax.Net I am not sure how far I can go with Ajax. NET and /or  javascript on the .NET platform. Is there anyone who had used these technologies exstensively who can tell me who well they can be used on .NET's platform? I guess what I am asking is...will using Ajax be like using ajax and or will using javascript be like using javascript when you use it on .NET's platform or will there be suttle diffrences?   thanks Allen    Ajax.net is basically just a javascript library like scriptaculous or others.  It has lo...

Web resources about - Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

How to enable Potentially Unwanted Application protection in Windows 8 and Windows 10
... looking for ways to protect their systems, and Microsoft recently unveiled a new opt-in feature to protect against Potentially Unwanted Applications ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...