Does VB.NET 2003 Standard support Source Control or VSS plug in?

I have the standard version VB.NET, not the full Visual Studio version. Does anyone know if it supports integrated source control? I found a reference to VS 2003 that mentioned Tools | Options | Source Control but my version of VB doesn't seem to have that option.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

0
ZLA

You need to install VSS which is a seperate product.  Installing the VSS client should add the integrated support.
Dennis J. Bottjer
SpringPoint |
DrowningInTechnicalDebt | Blog
0
dbottjer
2/24/2006 3:44:01 AM

I found out that is not correct. The Standard Edition of VB.NET does not support integrated SCC. See this thread from Alin Constantin: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/showpost.aspx?postid=263992&siteid=1.

0
ZLA
2/24/2006 2:42:52 PM
Thanks for the correction.  You could probably still use the VSS Client just not integrated.  If your looking for a good VSS Replacement that works well over the web I recommend Vault from www.sourcegear.com it is written in C# and uses a SQL Server DB as the file store.
Dennis J. Bottjer
SpringPoint |
DrowningInTechnicalDebt | Blog
0
dbottjer

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

Visual Basic .net standard edition source control support?
We recently decided to replace our asp development IDE with Visual Basic .net standard edition. I am now looking for a source control solution (SourceSafe, Vault, NG3, etc.) which will integrate into the IDE. However, it seems VS.net standard editions have source control integration turned off. All of the tools I have looked at thus far talk about going to the VS.Net file menu and seeing source control options but I don't see any. Can someone either confirm my theory or let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks, Brent Claxton There are Source Control options under Tools >...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Can I buy VB .NET 2003 instead of VS .NET 2003?
Hi if I code my web applications using just Visual Basic can I buy Visual Basic .NET 2003 instead of having to buy the whole Visual Studio .NET 2003?  Will that work the same?  Thanks Hi,     When I got VB.NET 2003, it included VS.NET 2003 (Standard Edition).  I don't think there is a version of VB.NET 2003 that doesn't include VS.NET as the IDE.  While there are some projects templates that are not include in the standard edition, you still have the ASP.NET web application, web service, win forms, etc..., projects available.  If you are asking...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Problem VB.NET 2003 and DataWindows.net
Greetings: When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control to my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message: DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll Can someone advise how to resolve this problem? Thanks Hello, I am having the exact same problem. Is it even possible to use Datawindow 2.0 in Vb.Net 2003? If so what's the trick? DW .NET installed fine but the controls on the tool box don't show up. I tried adding DLL's both ways as a .NET and a COM component but neither worked. Any ...

Upgrading vb.net 2003 to vb.net 2008 the name '__o' is not declared
Hi I had an application in vb.net 2003. I chose to upgrade it to vb.net 2008. Now I have 153 errors telling me that the name '__o' is not declared. In one page where I get this error, It's on a <tr> statement. I searched in google and I saw that we could put <%=""%> at the beginning of the page, but I still have the error message. Any idea? Hi myriam_giroux,I think you need to be more specific information. When you are receiving errors during compilation in Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer, the Error list window will indicate the line in the sour...

VB.net 2003 support
I am working with DotNetNuke and I was wondering does this application support VB.net 2003 modules? Could you elaborate? What are VB.net 2003 modules? DotNetNuke is written in VB.Net and supports extensibility through "modules" which are ASP.Net user controls that inherit from a special class. Is this what you mean? Nik Nik KalyaniSpeerio, Inc.[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]...

VB.NET Standard vs VS.NET Professional
Hello, I've been using the Trail Version of Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 and I now need to ask my Boss to buy the Full Version. I'm going to be developing ASP.NET Web Applications that are Data-driven with SQL Server 7.0 and 2000. I'm only going to need Visual Basic for coding my applications. My Question is what version of Visual Studio .NET should I buy??? Since I'm only going to be using Visual Basic should I buy Visual Basic .NET Standard 2003???? or stick with Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 (bearing in mind is about 10x more expensive). Obvio...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

.Net 2
Hi Friends, I want to show Different Tabs for different information on my web form ( .aspx page ). I could not found Tab Control with .net 2005. I know there is some but couldnt find it. Can you please tell me from where can I add Tab Control to my web form ? Thanks in advance, Nirav With some tedious settings of properties on the menu control, it will behave like a tab control.  Then you need to use a multiview control and fill it with views.  Then you need to wire up the menu to the multiview or something.  I tried this before and it works, but we wrote our own contro...

Web resources about - Does VB.NET 2003 Standard support Source Control or VSS plug in? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Retirement living standards aren't so bad. You don't need much super
Retirees&rsquo; cost of living is not as outrageously high as the industry would have us believe.

Retirement living standards aren't so bad. You don't need much super
Retirees&rsquo; cost of living is not as outrageously high as the industry would have us believe.

ANU leads nation's research as University of Canberra tops world standards
... reaffirmed its position as a world leader in research as the University of Canberra has been recognised for research well above the world standard ...

Standard Of Review: How To Get Away With Murder’s Mid-Season Finale Is Predictable And Underwhelming
Television critic Harry Graff really was not very interested in what happened to Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) in the mid-season finale.