Debugging exception when loading a web page in the Web Forms Designer

In a project at work I have inherited, I am getting an exception when loading an .aspx page in the Web Forms designer. The project was originally created with VS .NET 2002 and I am upgrading it to VS .NET 2003. It appears that the Web Forms designer actually attempts to instantiating an instance of the codebehind class in order to bring ou the Web Forms designer page. Why does it do this ?

The codebehind class inherits from another class, which inherits from System.Web.UI.Page. It is in this other class in which the exception is occurring.

Is there any way I can debug this so that I can find out what is causing the exception ?

0
eldiener

I was able to start a second instance of the IDE, attach to the first instance, and debug my design time problem.
0
eldiener

Web page .aspx is slow when loading. Pages have web user controls on them that are loaded dynamically
I have written a web application using VS 2003. Several of my forms have web user controls on them. The controls are loaded dynamically at runtime. The problem is that the web pages are very slow to load. Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the pages being loaded into the browser? Here is an example of some code I use to dynamically load the controls:  private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   // Put user code to initialize the page here   // Put user code to initialize the page here    Co...

web web web

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

Web forms and mobile web forms

How to load a web page in form
Hello I want to load a web page in a form in firemonkey FM2 compatible with mac os x (same as apple store program) i know we can do that by WebKit framework in xcode but i dont know what should i do in firemonkey Please some one help me > {quote:title=pejman pessian wrote:}{quote} > Hello > I want to load a web page in a form in firemonkey FM2 > compatible with mac os x (same as apple store program) > i know we can do that by WebKit framework in xcode > but i dont know what should i do in firemonkey There is an open source project for embedding the Chrome ...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web resources about - Debugging exception when loading a web page in the Web Forms Designer - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...