Can't debug, what account or identity does VS.Net use to debug ASP.Net apps?

I have just reimaged my machine and regardless of what I do I cannot get VS.Net to debug a ASP.Net app.  The error message states that the account VS.Net is using does not have debug permissions, what account or identity does it use?  I have never had this problem before, so I am completely lost! Thanks for the help ahed of time.
Thanks,
BLundin

Check out this white paper that goes over everything you need to check:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc
Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
8/18/2004 6:40:43 PM
I have the same problems and nothing in the paper works either.  Any other idea's?
www.jiltedcitizen.com
www.livegreenforum.com
0
JiltedCitizen
4/18/2005 7:14:30 PM
Did you turn off all authentications (anonymous, basic, etc.) everything except integrated windows authentication?

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

my VS.NET can't debug web app
I have a problem trying to debug a web application or a web service. When I pressed F5, trying to debug my project, VS.NET 2003 displays an error message "Error while trying to run application" and the project goes out of debugging mode... I suspect it might be possible that a required service is turned off.... Can anyone help me with this? Thanks... Hi there, Try this Link Hope this helpsSunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Hi. My user authentication is set to "anonymo...

Can't Debug in VS .NET 2003
Hey, I've got VS.NET 2003 setup on one computer and winServer 2003 setup on another. They're talking to each other fine but I can't seem to debug my application using VS.NET... I get an error like i don't have the rights or something, even though I've mapped a network drive to the server from my client (VS.NET) with the admin password/id. I've also enabled the /bin directory as a shared, similar to the main project folder on the server but no luck. any ideas?   thanks...

vs.net issue
I have been working with vs.net 2003 since its release. I have an issue that just came up (well sometime since xp sp2). Projects that I developed earlier, build and debug correctly on my development desktop (xp sp2) vs.net 2003 developers. When I create a new asp.net project or asp.net web service everything builds ok, and a virtual directory is created on my local IIS but when I try to open the new aspx or asmx page I get a http 404 error and when I try to open the form or asmx page using "open in browser" on the explorer in VS.net I get the http 404 error. If I try to debug I...

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

VS.NET 2003 won't let me debug an IIS 6 site configured using host headers
Hello, I desperately need some assistance with a problem I've already spent 2 days on, without much luck. I'm running Windows Server 2003 R2 with Service Pack 1, IIS 6.0, and the problem is specific to debugging in Visual Studio .NET 2003 with Service Pack 1. To keep my development environment consistent with the sites as they appear on the production servers, I created several sites in IIS on port 80 using the default IP address, differentiated by host headers. My hosts file contains the necessary entries pointing back to 127.0.0.1, I've added all the host header URLs to my Trusted Sites...

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Can't run app outside of VS.NET?
When I run my web app from VS.NET 2005, everything works fine.  Once I type in the local IP and login, I get errors because none of the session variables are being set.  I'm running IIS7 on Vista Ultimate.  Any suggestions? Did you crease site in VS as HTTP (ie IIS) Web or as default File System Web? FS Web is using development Web server, not IIS. Therefore it will work  when you run it from VS but won't work if you access it directly. typical difference is that IIS URL is http://localhost while dev server uses random ports like http://localhost:51382. Development...

can't use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET . The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color was gray. And I can't use it to design. what's the problem? You use VS.Net 2002 or 2003? Have you seen error messages? What does the code look like?DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I have solved the problem. I took system controls for IE Web Controls. thanks for your reply. Mandy, I have the same problem with my machine too. I use VS.NET 2003 and am able to see the IE Web...

Can't debug my code after migrating to .NET 2.0
Hi all, This is my first post. We have been developing and maintaining ASP.NET 1.1 based site for about a year now and have decided to go ahead and migrate. We are doing it on a dev-server for now. Here is where we are stuck. I installed the SDK and framework and tried to execute my code. (The code binaries are still build for version 1.1 and not for ver 2.0) - As far as the existing code goes, the execution is fine. However, as soon as we start changing something and have the need to use DbgClr - we are stuck. I tried using DbgClr for 1.1 and 2.0 to debug but the symobls are not loaded...

can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET. The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color is gray and I can't use them to design. What's the problem? Please do not post messages twice. view post 372891DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Web resources about - Can't debug, what account or identity does VS.Net use to debug ASP.Net apps? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003