Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0

I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states:

"This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...."

I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?

Thank you!

Thank you,

0
atconway
12/4/2008 7:52:19 PM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Nevermind.... As usual 2 seconds later I figured it out.

Double Click on 'Microsoft .NET Framework' under the listed 'Detected Dependencies' in the setup project.  From the left hand side of the screen, click on '.NET Framework' and view its properties on the right-hand side of the screen.

From there the 'Version' dropdown property can be changed to the appropriate .NET Framework.

Thank you,

0
atconway

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

VS.NET 2008 / Web Site Project / 3.5 Framework ... How do I enable GridLayout
Hello, I'm designing a Web Site using Visual Studio 2008 Team Developer Edition. I need to enable GridLayout on my forms so that I can drag and drop controls on the form and move them about with my mouse (similar to a WinForms application). I cannot for the life of me find where I set that. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks-- Val don't think it exists any more as the default option. . see the post and comment from Mikhail http://forums.asp.net/t/1195880.aspx . some alternate optionshttp://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/03/11/absolute-and-relative-positioning...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0
Hi! I have a problem trying to use VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0: I've read in one of the blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx) that there is a bug that makes Beta 2 recognize System.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 as a .NET 3.5 component. When I try to add a reference to it in my .NET 2.0 Web Application Project, it appears grayed out (as I believe it should). So, I there any other way to add it?I tried referencing the assembly in the web.config file, but the WAP doesn't build.Any ideas?&n...

Installing .net 2.0 on the Provisioning Web Server (HMC 3.5)
I have one question, can i install .net framework 2.0 on the PROV server not on MPS server itself ? i need application that run on .net 2.0 and i will install it on a different site than default site on PROV server, and enable 2.0 on that site leaving default site on .net 1.1, does this affect MPS provision procedures that came from PROV server to MPS server (passing XML request to MPS engine)? MY enviroment is HMC 3.5 with FP1 and all servers are windows 2003 SP1.   Hi, It should be safe to install .NET 2.0 on PROV01 as you described..Thanks,Dmitri Gaikovoi Thanks alot for your ...

Deploy an Ajax 2.0 net 3.5 web app developed on vista vs2008 to 2003 server
Hi I have an app which works fine in the dev environment on vista. I am trying to deploy it to 2003 server. Just simply adding a deployment project gives a xcopy which errors: Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. Can someone please point me to a link which goes through the steps necessary to get the deployment to include the ajax library? thanks Hi ExGliderPilot When we deploy the ASP.NET AJAX website to web server, we need to install the AJAX runtime which names System.Web.Extensions to the production server's GAC, and please take notice of the version of System.Web.Ex...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

Web resources about - Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0 - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
... very well be nixed by EU's top court. Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework ...

Creating a Vanilla UI Framework – Part I
... have recently put a new way of working on the front end of projects into practice. Our old method involved making use of the third party frameworks ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

New Product: 2016 Marketing Planning Framework
... a plan, a strategy, and a budget rooted in reality that gave you the resources you need to succeed? In the 2016 Marketing Planning Framework ...

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...