No "Add web deployment project" for web application

I've installed the web deployment project, opened several examples with web application project with web deployment project added to it and would be oki, exept for one thing. I don't  have a  "Add web deployment  project" in build menu (the right click menu and the top menu) for web application, but for web site it apears. Could anyone explain why? Examples that i saw had web deployment projects added to wec applications.

Thanks for any help.

0
saygon
3/31/2008 1:03:51 PM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 I think maybe you install not correct with your Visual Studio

 So try to install

Visual Studio 2005 is use Web Deployment project

this link >>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx

for Visual Studio 2008 use another Web Deployment project

this link >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en

Hope can Help you Solve

If you want a thing well done, do it yourself
0
lnwThai
4/2/2008 1:28:35 AM

I have encountered the same issue.

I have also found other sites and forums where the same question is raised, and the solution is always "Did you install the correct WDP version?"

The original poster never responds whether that helped or not.

I am running Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition Service Pack 1.

My OS is Windows XP.  I have the .NET 2.0 Framework with all the latest updates.

The exact version of the WDP I installed is 8.0.60403.

I have installed, un-installed, re-installed the WDP from here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx

But am only able to "Add Web Deployment..." to Web Sites.

The above menu option is not available for Web Applications.

Is this a bug with WDP and VS2005 Pro SP1?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Andy
4/4/2008 4:12:49 PM

Same for me.

 I just cannot use WDP with Web Application Projects in VS 2005 Prof. SP1.

There is no entry "Add Web Deployment Project" in the Build menu when I'm working on a WAP solution.
When working with a Web Site Project I can see and and a WDP to the solution.

What's going on here?

That's very annoying particulary due to I'm facing deployment stage now
and I'm not able to use the WDP with our WAPs.

Regards,
Tino

0
noobix
4/17/2008 1:49:51 PM

I was initially having this problem before I installed VS 2005 SP1.  After the install, though, I was able to add a web deployment project to the web application.

0
mcscstumpfcr
4/18/2008 11:55:22 AM

Also note that if your focus is on the Solution node, the "add web deployment project" menu item will not appear.  Make sure you have the WAP itself selected when you try to add a new WDP (either using the Build menu or the right-click context menu)

alisonlu