how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ?

for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link -

http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html

But now i am stuck is how to view my web application ? what url should i give my intranet users to view this web application?

Please help.

Thanks.

0
gridview
9/8/2008 4:20:05 PM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS.

To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "localhost", or enable "Anonymous access", etc.

You can refer to http://forums.iis.net/p/1151225/1877251.aspx.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
9/10/2008 2:27:25 AM

Thanks for providing the link.  I will try and will let you the progress.

Thomas Sun – MSFT:

Hi,

When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS.

To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "localhost", or enable "Anonymous access", etc.

You can refer to http://forums.iis.net/p/1151225/1877251.aspx.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0
gridview

failed to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html I somehow figure out how to  view my web application , i used this url - http://mysrv/WebSetup1/default.aspx  But when i hit enter I get this message - The page cannot be found Please help....looks like i am soo close but not sure .....please advise. Thanks. Hi, Please refer to your another post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1317004.aspx   Th...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code
I've tring to migrate Web Site to Web Aplication in VS 2005. In my Web Site I have pages written using VB and C#. During converting to WA i choose VB and only pages with VB code i can migrate. If I choose C# as language for WA only pages with C# I can migrate. Is a way to migrate Web Site with mix of VB and C# code? Wieslaw Hi, As far as I know, The ASP.NET Web application doesn't support that C# application project contains VB page or VB application project contains C# page. But it can compile the different language class file in project. In your case, you can tr...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

Problem upgrading VS 2003 Web to VS 2005 Web Application Project
Hi,I've just attempted to upgrade an existing 2003 web project to 2005 as per Scott's instructions at:http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx and I'm getting an error dialog at step 6.4, on attempting to re-open the solution with the ProjectType changed to guids:   "A project with that name is already opened in the solution.".   One colleague reproduced my error; another ran through the same sequence and does not get the error, so I guess it's an environment or installation issue.  Anyone seen the same issue and found a work-around?CheersGarth Hi G...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

possible to use both vs.net and web matrix for web application development?
Hello there, i am wondering will it possible to develop a web application using a mixture of web matrix and VS.NET? Say for example, on my application, i developing a web service module(both client n web service ) in VS.NET while my teammates is doing their web application module using webmatrix. Once integrated into a system will it work? Do note that these modules dont share the same data, hence no data exhange will occur. Both the application will be using VB.NET as well. Pls someone answer my doubts, thanks! If you do component programming ofcourse yes. it is like one ...

VS. 2003 => VS 2005 Web Site => Web Application Project?
Hi We converted our VS 2003 solution which contained 2 web application and 5 Class Lib projects to the standard Web site 2005 model. Now. Is there a way to convert from this to the new Web Application model automatically? Thanks in regards Anders   Via Scott Guthrie:  If you want to migrate an existing VS 2005 Web Site Project to be a VS 2005 Web Application Project, please also review these other VB and C# migration tutorials that walkthrough the Web Site to Web Application conversion process step-by-step.  This article here also describes some of the diff...

web app vs web site vs web project
Could someone describe the differences between web sites, web apps and web projects? (or send me a link that contains this comparison?). Is one of these terms synonomous with another? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?  How does one choose when starting new development? Can one type be converted into another?     Thank you. Here is my definition: Website: perspective of users. Collection of web pages.Webapp and project: perspective of developer (and webmasters). Collection of web pages and resouces (database, code, etc.). Maybe software installers...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Web resources about - how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ? - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.