How to create a set up file in vb.net

How to create setup files in Visual Studio for windows applications with sqldatabase? so that I can run it on any other computer which does not having visual studio .NET

0
siva
10/21/2008 10:21:10 AM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try this walkthrough:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k3bb4tfd.aspx

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

  Thank you for your information.....

0
siva

How to deploy a VS.VB net project to websever withour VS.net
The VB app is developed on VS.net professional. I plan to deploy it on a web server that doesn't have VS.net. Would the code behind files cause problems? Should I compile the app and deploy the assembly only? I'd appreciate some quickstart tips on how to deploy a VS.net VB project to websever withour VS.net. Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" The only thing you would need to do is compile the project and push the .aspx files and the bin folder to the server, and of course any other sub-folders that are used in your app like images. The...

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

vb.net web project
Hi All, I have a situation in my web application whereby after accepting username & password from user I want to create a text file on web server and then upload it to somewhere via ftp? Any one can help me doing this please? Best Regards, Usman Why dont you have a Web Service on the server that creates the text file and then make an instance of it when someone login that is creating the file.Mikael Söderström...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

vb.net and c# files in one web application projects and website project
hi,I got a bunch of files which is the source code of the application I am working on, it did not have any solution or project files. They appear to be asp.net 2.0 files, as partial classes are used.I initially added these files to a website project and I was able to run app in VS2005. My problem starts when I try and deploy application. msbuild is used to compile dependent projects, but it does not generate a dll for my web project which contains an APP_CODE folder. So my web app files cannot find the dll it needs. Precompiling is not an option my our process. Does anyone has any suggestion...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Cannot create a new Web project in VS.NET
I have installed IIS on my XP Pro laptop, and then installed VS.NET 2003 Enterprise. When I try to create a new ASP.NET application, I get this error message: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. I have tried researching the various knowledge base articles relating to this and followed their instructions, but nothing has worked. What is the problem? I corrected the problem by doing the following: 1. Uninstalled Visual Studio .NET 2. Uninstalled the ...

problems deploying my VS.NET web project
i'm a first time user of VS.NET Enterprise Edition (used to coding everything by hand in a text editor). i followed the deployment walkthrough that ships with VS.NET, and encountered difficulties when i attempted to set up my new solution on the server. my site is hosted by a company at a remote location. my Debug folder contains three files: fileName.msi, setup.exe and setup.ini. i copied all three to the root directory of my website, and executed setup.exe. problem: a dialog window popped up with a message: "The loaded did not find the file 'D:\Temp\dsp99.ini' " ...

VS.NET Projects on the Net
If I'm done with a project/solution that I created with IIS(Localhost) and VS.NET, what files from the solution will I need to upload to the host? (Host in this case is Brinkster(Free Plan)) only the aspx and ascx files ... in the bin folder you will need the compiled dll files ... Also in the root you need: web.config and flobal.asax That's itVerhoeven Bart MCSD.NET Technical Project Leader There is only 2 files in the .bin folder. ..dll file and .pdb All the ACSX and ASPX files are in the project's folder. When ever I try building the project, I get nothing in the B...

VB.NET Standard vs VS.NET Professional
Hello, I've been using the Trail Version of Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 and I now need to ask my Boss to buy the Full Version. I'm going to be developing ASP.NET Web Applications that are Data-driven with SQL Server 7.0 and 2000. I'm only going to need Visual Basic for coding my applications. My Question is what version of Visual Studio .NET should I buy??? Since I'm only going to be using Visual Basic should I buy Visual Basic .NET Standard 2003???? or stick with Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 (bearing in mind is about 10x more expensive). Obvio...

Web resources about - How to create a set up file in vb.net - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

How-To: Find and create Christmas stations + playlists with Apple Music
... or playlist if you subscribe to Apple Music. Here’s a Christmas Classics station link that should open on your device. Apple also has created ...

How to Create a Modern Agency for the New Year
... Digital vs. analog? Speed-to-market? The definition seems to be evolving in recent months. We're a 52-year-old agency that hasn't created a ...

Pixbrite Automatically Organizes Photos and Creates Collages on iOS
... a user’s photos into a timeline of moments, and automatically generates photo collages users can share with friends. Pixbrite can create moments ...

If you can think it, you can create it in Scribblenauts Unlimited
If you can think it, you can create it. Thats the philosophy at the core of the popular Scribblenauts series of emergent puzzle video games. ...

GoPro Plunges 10%: Morgan Stanley Says Sell on Failure to Create Ease of Use
Shares of adventure camera maker GoPro ( GPRO ) today dropped by $1.84, or almost 10%, to close at $17.31, and was down another 21 cents in late ...

Cisco to create 200 new cloud jobs at Cisco Meraki UK
Business Cloud News Cisco to create 200 new cloud jobs at Cisco Meraki UK Business Cloud News Cisco has announced plans to create 200 new ...

Voklswagen creates US claims program
Volkswagen has hired compensation expert Kenneth Feinberg to handle financial claims from people whose cars are involved in the emissions scandal. ...

Rent The Runway Creates Own Clothing Brand, Invents Imaginary Retail Prices
You may have heard of Rent the Runway, a service that lets shoppers rent outfits (generally dresses and accessories) for special occasions. Instead ...