Can't find assemblies, then becomes can't copy pagefile.sys?

 I had a working project, a web service with a .vbproj_deploy project around it and a setup around that that produced an .msi file that worked like a champ.

I left to work on another project, and when I came back I started working on a new computer and had to get VS2005 installed there.  Pulled in the old project from source safe and everything built correctly except this one part, where I was told it couldn't find anything to assemble.

Then, going into source safe, I checked in what minor changes I'd made and the next time I loaded VS2005 it told me that deploy project did not have correct source safe binding anymore.  I said go a ahead and try to build it.

then I get this error:

Error    1    Unable to copy file "\pagefile.sys" to "C:\_wrk\DateCalcProject\ErulesDatesService.vbproj_deploy\Source\pagefile.sys". The process cannot access the file '\pagefile.sys' because it is being used by another process.        1    1    ErulesDatesService.vbproj_deploy

 Obviously this web deployment project is FUBAR.  I will start over.  There are two other web deployment projects in this solution, and the others work fine.

 What I would like to know is what happened?  What changed that made this guy first be unable to find assemblies and then to go totally off the map trying to copy pagefile.sys?  I've read through the vbproj file multiple times and can't see anything there.

this is the last version that was working:

<!--
  Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Project
-->
<Project DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <PropertyGroup>
    <Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration>
    <Platform Condition=" '$(Platform)' == '' ">AnyCPU</Platform>
    <ProductVersion>8.0.60403</ProductVersion>
    <SchemaVersion>2.0</SchemaVersion>
    <ProjectGuid>{5B1E7912-F76F-49E1-9A36-08C65118E2DC}</ProjectGuid>
    <SourceWebPhysicalPath>..\WebService1</SourceWebPhysicalPath>
    <SourceWebProject>{84A1ECE7-BDB0-4D45-89B8-2FCC6CEB786F}|WebService1\ErulesDatesService.vbproj</SourceWebProject>
    <SourceWebVirtualPath>/ErulesDatesService.vbproj</SourceWebVirtualPath>
    <SccProjectName>"%24/Adrules/ERulesDatesService/WebService1", OQSAAAAA</SccProjectName>
    <SccLocalPath>..\..\..</SccLocalPath>
    <SccAuxPath>
    </SccAuxPath>
    <SccProvider>MSSCCI:Microsoft Visual SourceSafe</SccProvider>
  </PropertyGroup>
  <PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">
    <DebugSymbols>true</DebugSymbols>
    <OutputPath>.\Debug</OutputPath>
    <EnableUpdateable>true</EnableUpdateable>
    <UseMerge>true</UseMerge>
    <SingleAssemblyName>ErulesDatesService.vbproj_deploy</SingleAssemblyName>
    <UseWebConfigReplacement>false</UseWebConfigReplacement>
    <ValidateWebConfigReplacement>false</ValidateWebConfigReplacement>
    <UseExernalWebConfigReplacementFile>false</UseExernalWebConfigReplacementFile>
    <VirtualDirectoryAlias>DateCalcService</VirtualDirectoryAlias>
    <ReplaceExistingVirtualDirectory>true</ReplaceExistingVirtualDirectory>
    <DeleteAppDataFolder>true</DeleteAppDataFolder>
  </PropertyGroup>
  <PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' ">
    <DebugSymbols>false</DebugSymbols>
    <OutputPath>.\Release</OutputPath>
    <EnableUpdateable>false</EnableUpdateable>
    <UseMerge>true</UseMerge>
    <SingleAssemblyName>ErulesDatesService.vbproj_deploy</SingleAssemblyName>
    <UseWebConfigReplacement>false</UseWebConfigReplacement>
    <ValidateWebConfigReplacement>true</ValidateWebConfigReplacement>
    <UseExernalWebConfigReplacementFile>true</UseExernalWebConfigReplacementFile>
    <VirtualDirectoryAlias>
    </VirtualDirectoryAlias>
    <ReplaceExistingVirtualDirectory>true</ReplaceExistingVirtualDirectory>
    <DeleteAppDataFolder>true</DeleteAppDataFolder>
  </PropertyGroup>
  <ItemGroup>
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.vshost.exe" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.sln" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.csproj" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.user" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.obsolate" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*Copy of*" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.psd" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.cmd" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\obj\**\*.*" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.Publish.xml" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\test\**\*.*" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.aspx.resx" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.asax.resx" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\*.vbproj*" />
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\**\.svn\**\*.*" />
  </ItemGroup>
  <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets" />
  <!-- To modify your build process, add your task inside one of the targets below and uncomment it.
       Other similar extension points exist, see Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets.
  <Target Name="BeforeBuild">
  </Target>
  <Target Name="BeforeMerge">
  </Target>

  <Target Name="AfterMerge">
  </Target>
  -->
  <Target Name="AfterBuild">
    <!--Web.config This replaces the entire Web.config and then deletes the unneeded files. -->
    <Copy Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' " SourceFiles="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\QA.config" DestinationFiles="$(OutputPath)\Web.config" />
    <Copy Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Staging|AnyCPU' " SourceFiles="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\DEV.config" DestinationFiles="$(OutputPath)\Web.config" />
    <!--Delete extra files -->
    <Delete Files="$(OutputPath)\QA.config" />
    <Delete Files="$(OutputPath)\QAWeb.config" />
    <Delete Files="$(OutputPath)\DEV.config" />
    <!-- <Delete Files="$(OutputPath)\PrecompiledApp.config" /> -->
    <!-- <Delete Files="$(OutputPath)\bin\erulesdatesservice.asmx.cdcab7d2.compiled" /> -->
    <Delete Files="$(OutputPath)\bin\erulesdatesservice.xml" />
  </Target>
</Project>

My password must be written down, let's make sure it is secure. But of course, I misplaced the paper, so I have to keep asking for a new one.
0
JustWantAnAnswer
5/19/2008 3:28:26 PM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

First Time
I've just downloaded, installed and compiled the DotNetNuke 3.1.1 solution.  I can build it, but I can't get to the start page or step through and debug it to see how it works and to begin work customizing it.I get the message Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.   I've copied the contents of the release.config file to a web.config file and I set the debug to rrue.  I running debug mode, but can't figure out why I can't see the web page in my browser either.   Is there a file that gives specific instructions for how to ...

Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time
Hello, After installing NSS services, when my OES Linux SP2 server finishes loading I see "Failed services in runlevel 3: novell-tomcat4 apache2" Looking in /var/log/boot.msg I see: <notice>start services (novell-tomcat4 novell-nss apache2) Starting tomcat4: chown: `novlwww:www': invalid user su: user novlwww does not exist Starting httpd2 (worker) httpd2-worker: bad user name wwwrun The command line was: /usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -DSSL failed This is the first OES Linux server on which NSS was installed, and there is no n...

Can't rename variables and can't find references
Hello. I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context menu and the key bindings does not work either. I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? Best Reagards. Martin S. wrote: > Hello. > > I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for > renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context > menu and the key bindings does not work either. > > I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? > Can you bui...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Can't add Satellite Server (can't even find option)
Hi there, I have a little Prolem managing a Satellite Server. First of all here's my Environment: I'm using a SLES 10 SP2 as OS with ZCM 10.0.3 installed on it. The server's location is the central DMZ of my Test-Environment of my fictive Company. There are several further Subnets, representing external locations of my fictive Company. In each Subnet there is a Windows XP-Client with the ZCM-Agent installed on it. The devices are listed correctly in the "Devices"-Section. Now I want to make my Windows-Clients a Satellite-Server. In the Admin-Guide t...

USB-DVD: "Can't find the openSUSE Repository", can't install.
Greetings, A happy openSUSE user on my laptop, I want to use it on a new desktop computer / home server. It doesn't have an optical drive, so I've created a bootable USB stick out of a DVD ISO, based on the instructions at 'SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE' (http://tinyurl.com/7zyvyt5) I can boot without problem from the USB stick, but I'm getting the error "Could not find the openSUSE Repository. Activating manual setup program". It then leads me to a basic, text-only interface, but I can't continue the install. A helpful soul in #suse suggeste...

Can't find include because VS won't use standard port
 My website works fine in I go to it in a browser with an address like this:  http://localhost/myproject/But when I do a build on my solution, I get fatal errors of the following kind:  Error    1    Failed to map the path '/inc/ie5.asp'.    And if I try to run the default project, this website,  it opens a browser and uses some off the wall port number:   http://localhost:3478/myproject/and then tells me it can't find   '/inc/ie5.asp'.  So how in VS2005 can I tell a website to use local host ...

Can't install opensuse 12.1 from DVD, installer can't find DVD devices?
Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv7 laptop (3 years old) with Windows and Linux mint in a dual boot mode, and I wanted to install opensuse 12.1 from a DVD over my mint partition. When I boot with the 64bit KDE live CD in my DVD I can get to the menu where I can choose to try the live session or install. If I choose either, I see the linux kernel loading successfuly, then a green screen with opensuse logo, and after about 10 seconds the screen becomes a black text screen, and I see an error message saying that my DVD device wasn't found, and that the system is restarting in 120 se...

Web resources about - Can't find assemblies, then becomes can't copy pagefile.sys? - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects

General Council of the Assemblies of God in the United States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
The General Council of the Assemblies of God in the United States of America or Assemblies of God USA ( AG ) is a Pentecostal Christian denomination ...

Christian Assemblies International: Former members detail abuse handed out by CAI leader Scott Williams ...
Former members of a Christian cult detail shocking abuse and torment they suffered under the reign of one man. A four-year investigation by the ...

Purported iPad Mini parts show full digitizer, frame and housing assemblies
Ukrainianiphone.com reports to have obtained parts for the upcoming iPad mini.

From today's Lectionary: "I cannot endure solemn assemblies..."
Isaiah 1:10-18 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom! Listen to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah! 1:11 What to ...

The latest leaked image of the Apple ‘iPhone 6′ shows complete logic board assemblies
The parade of iPhone 6 leaks continues. The latest is a photo that purportedly shows complete logic board assemblies for the long-rumored device. ...

High resolution images claim to show 'iPhone 5S' and iPhone 5 display assemblies side-by-side
A set of high resolution images were posted to the Web late Tuesday claiming to show a side-by-side comparison of the display assemblies for ...

VOX POPULI: Local assemblies sound off on ending reliance on nuclear energy
The gag line “oyobidenai” (I’m not welcome), made famous by comedian Hitoshi Ueki (1926-2007), is used by people who know they are uninvited, ...

Industrial Production Rebounds in April; Vehicle Assemblies Were Highest in Almost Five Years
The Federal Reserve released its report today on Industrial Production in April , here are some highlights: 1. Overall industrial output increased ...

Oklahoma City Congregation Divided as Pastor Battles With Assemblies of God Over Rights to the Church's ...
Members of El Tabernaculo de Fe, a large Hispanic Oklahoma City congregation, are now reportedly brawling with each other as their pastor, Rev. ...

Abolish religious assemblies in schools, says new report
Religious assemblies in schools should be abolished, a new report says today.