weird floating window in IDE that won't go away

I have a weird floating window with nothing in it that hangs down from the menubar.  It cannot be moved and I can't make it go away.  Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

0
fishguy

Nope.  Does it survive a reboot?

Hope that helps. If it did, please click 'Mark as answered'.
0
Broadsword
7/25/2008 7:50:12 PM
I've seen it.  Can't get rid of it.
0
ChiliYago
7/25/2008 8:31:52 PM

 What add-ins do you have (check Tools | Add-in manager).

Richard
0
rjcox

weird breakpoint in 'classes' that won't go away
Hi, I'm compiling my app in debug mode. Done this thousands of times, never an issue, and now suddenly when I run the app in debug mode in the IDE I always run into a break point at line 12704 (ADD ESP,12) I can't get rid of this breakpoint ???? I have restarted the compiler already a few times as well. It's the weirdest thing, I don't know where it comes from or why this happened, suddenly it was there ? function StdWndProc(Window: HWND; Message, WParam: Longint; LParam: Longint): Longint; stdcall; assembler; asm XOR EAX,EAX ...

Extra Window 'flab'
Hi, today ThunderBird started having some extra window flab. Here's a screenshot: http://user.pixplanet.net/1/flab.jpg If I resize the window, the flab doesn't go away. What's wrong??? Thanks, Lee On 8/15/2007 12:27 PM, Moduliz0r wrote: > Hi, today ThunderBird started having some extra window flab. > Here's a screenshot: > http://user.pixplanet.net/1/flab.jpg > If I resize the window, the flab doesn't go away. > What's wrong??? > > > Thanks, > Lee > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar -- Ir...

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

Add-on won't go away and can't remove them ...
Name: Michael Schneider Email: mscatprivatdotdk Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Add-on won't go away and can't remove them ... Comments: Hi, A problem has been following my Firefox for a number of upgrades - can't remember how far back it goes. Going to the "Add-ons" I find 2 add-ons that cannot be removed: - PC Sync 2 Synchronisation Extension 1.0.0.704 - Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 All bottoms are dimmed, so I can't get into Options, I can't Enable or Uninstall. They are marked with an exclamation mark. Firefox f...

Windows Messenger won't go away
Hi all, I am setting up a new PC for my daughter. I'm trying to disable Windows Messenger. I have run "Shoot the Messenger" and I have gone directly to the services window and disabled it. But, it keeps coming back. Every time I reboot it comes back in the SysTray as "running but not signed in". The puzzler is... If I go to the services window and check for it... It shows as disabled. Any ideas? Thanks -- TimS "TimS" <slydher@blackholespam.net> wrote in message news:b13b35df375f8c9236001d96aa6@news.grc.com... > Hi all, &...

Notify window won't go away
We are running GroupWise 6.5.4 and a few of our 100 Windows XP computers continously show the "GroupWise 6.5 Notify" window (usually in the background). It is basically like a splash page. It causes no other problems other than the fact it is annoying it won't go away. If you kill the "notify.exe" process, it will go away... but then you aren't using notify anymore. Any ideas as to why these identical computers are behaving differently or ways to get the splash page to disappear without actually killing notify? Thanks, AP uninstall GW,Clean t...

Applications won't run in browser from Visual Studio 2008
Hello. As of few days I cannot run applications from Visual Studio 2008. When I hit ctrl+f5 I get following in firefox (IE also): ---waiting for localhost for about 12 seconds and then: Title: Page Load Error Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.  I tried everything, including repairing VS, but no help. However, when I click details on VS's own web server in the taskbar and click the link in the windows, page loads. Strange. Thi...

Visual Studio .NET 2003 won't close for one project
I have built several ASP.NET projects with success. For one of them, it loads and runs fine but when I go to close Visual Studio, VS hangs. I eventually get "... application not responding. End Now or Cancel". This doesn't happen with my other projects which contain similar pages and code. The project in question is one that I delivered to a client several months ago. At that time I was not experiencing this problem. The problem has only occurred since the client sent me back the project files for some changes. The client is also experiencing the same problem. My virus scan hasn't detected...

VB.net and Visual Studio 2005, won't break out when there is an exception
In my last web project I used c# and when there was a bug with the code it stopped in the GUI and showed me where the problem was. In my current vb.net web application the code doesn't stop where the error occurred. It just spits everything out onto the web page. I've used ctrl + alt + E to look at my exceptions. I tried "break when exception is:" and then I tried Common Language Runtime Exceptions (which includes system.web) I tried it as "user handled" and as "thrown"... Any ideas? Or am I chasing my tail on this as it can't be do...

Visual studio 2008 won't open resx (resource file) for me
 Hi there I'm having a problem opening .resx (resouce file) in visual studio 2008now everytime I click on the .resx file it opens in text mode (xml)it used to open in a grid mode  I've checked with another machine by right-click on the file and chose "open with" it has  "managed resources editor" as a default but my visual studio doesn't have itPlease help Thank you   I think you can set such things in Tools > OptionsMark as answer if you are agree with the solution. This helps the community.Sandeep Bhutanihttp://www.codersdiary.s...

I get update windows popping up on a regular basis. They won't go away.
Name: gene Carey Email: genecareyateonidotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I get update windows popping up on a regular basis. They won't go away. Comments: Check summery Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Visual Studio .Net 2005 Professional July CTP won't start-up!
I'm an MSDN subscriber and I've (finally) decided to have a play with the .Net 2005 beta. I've downloaded the July CTP and it installed without any problems. However, when I attempt to run VS.Net 2005, it never starts up. I (eventually) see "Microsoft Visual Studio" in the task bar, but it never actually starts??? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running XP Pro SP2. My VS.Net 2003 still runs just fine. This is really frustrating, and any help and/or suggestions are appreciated. UPDATE: It does start eventually, but it takes around 10 long minutes. When I close the initial VS...

Visual studio 2008 javascript debug points won't be hit when using firefox
Hello, I'm using Visual Studio 2008 javascript debugger, and my javascript debug points don't get hit when I use Firefox to debug.  It'll launch firefox (when I set it to default) when debugging, but the javascript debug points dont get hit.  Any ideas?  You have to use one of firefox plugins to debug javascript on mozilla.  You have to set the breakpoints outside of visual studio.  I use the venkman javascript debugger it has a set future breakpoint so you can refresh the page and the breakpoint gets hit. You should get firebug plugin too it...

Visual Studio 2008 SP1 won't let me set javascript breakpoint in Master Page
I thought it was now possible to set javascript breakpoints in master pages? VS just tells me:  "This is not a valid location for a breakpoint" The code is pretty straight forward, and I have absolutely no problems setting and hitting breakpoints in .aspx pages that use this master page -   1 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 2 3 <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 4 <head runat="server"> 5...

Web resources about - weird floating window in IDE that won't go away - asp.net.visual-studio-2008